Thread: The History Channels Civil War: Bull run

Necrobrit's Avatar Urbanis Legio

Mad Minute Games

I'm not sure how many of you will have heard of this game, Its an Activision value title that was started by two guys working out of thier garage (so to say) in thier spare time. The graphics look like mud, but the AI and gameplay is what RTW should have been. Its cheap at twenty dollars too, I'd recomend it to anyone that likes RTW and has plent of patience.

Anyone else here played/own it? (or heard of it for that matter?)

The Imperial House Of The Wolf
    Son of WBK/Anagennese.
    The second generation of The Imperial Household: Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion, Kagemusha, Muizer, Battle Knight and Asterix
    Father of Zuwxiv, Borsook, PyrrhusIV, and Aristocrat formerly bestowing patronage upon Omnipotent-Q

I have it. I dont think it is all that good. Load time is an EXTREAM pain to say the least.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Necrobrit's Avatar Urbanis Legio

I'd rather have long load times than poor AI and crappy AI. At least they don't have the nerve to charge fifty dollars for it.

The Imperial House Of The Wolf
    Son of WBK/Anagennese.
    The second generation of The Imperial Household: Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion, Kagemusha, Muizer, Battle Knight and Asterix
    Father of Zuwxiv, Borsook, PyrrhusIV, and Aristocrat formerly bestowing patronage upon Omnipotent-Q

I first heard about this last year over at the .com, where we had a thread going for a while. It does look interesting, but looks like it's only available in the USA. I nearly signed up to their Forum at one stage. The last I heard (although that was before Activision stepped in), was that it was going to be sold for about $20, is that what happened in the end? There was also talk of it being available as a download, which would have been nice, but they changed their minds.

I do hope it does well, as they seem to be very devoted to their craft, and I wish them all the best. If I can manage to get hold of a copy over here in the UK, I will definitely try it out, even if it does have a slow load time.
    Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all Ypatia (350-370? – 415) AD
    Check it out

Originally posted by Necrobrit@Apr 25 2005, 03:21 PM
    I'd rather have long load times than poor AI and crappy AI. At least they don't have the nerve to charge fifty dollars for it.
    RTW dosen't have crappy A.I. And the A.I. in bullrun is not all that great. I have not seen one thing th A.I. did in that game that RTW didn't have.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.