Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheat Alert.

Default Cheat Alert.

You can modify the cost of units in multiplayer and still able to play with others.
    CA should fix that quickly.

Default Re: Cheat Alert.

Doubtful that it would get past STEAM's client information utility, which would detect such a change in the files and pop up with a "Your version differs from the server's" error, as it always does with everything else.

One of the biggest problems with leadership is that sometimes people mistake strength of force as good leadership, when it in reality shows the opposite.

I've tried, and it works, steam detect only when you modify units stats and you get desynchronized.

Seriously i hope they fix that fast.
    I don't mind if i lose vs a person who uses any card which he can get from the game but as soon as he start picking cards which are not even in the game then its just dirty cheating/
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

Relic's Avatar Civis

Oh darnit, this ain't good.

"Hasta La Victoria Siempre" - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

Should be fixed asap .
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

Well, I don't think they are aware of this.

Pm it too several moderators i read some of them works for the company who created total war
    ~PrimeChaosVC

However, are you actually able to go over the limit for the game? I.e. can you spam cheap elite units?

Most Steam bans do not happen instantaniously unfortunatly and that type of cheat might be already being tracked by steam but with a delay ban command.... Unfortunatly this may happen for a long time since personally i dont believe that neither CA nor Steam might do anything about it for the meanwhile due to other major bugs that are preventing players from enjoying the game.

Lets all hope not many players use this and if they do... there should be an option to report such players.

Fenjar out...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter View Post
    However, are you actually able to go over the limit for the game? I.e. can you spam cheap elite units?
    You can buy elite units for only 100 instead of 950 if you want, so yes.

And about Steam-bans, I doubt there is a VAC (valve anti cheat) or something like that for ETW...

bayard just never post the way how too do it.
    Might have been smarter if you pmed a moderator seeing people will now try to do it.
    ~PrimeChaosVC

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

God damn!!!!

I'm leader of an 2 year old TW clan (Antiquae) and when I read this, it will kill the mp area of etw totally, because only friends can trust each other in the moment. Every single mp battle with a strange / curious result will be now named as "cheated battle".

Hurray!!! CA, this is a problem with top priority if you wont have a dead mp area of the game!!!
    All the other pinned problems like missing open lobby and playerslist etc are nothing against this problem!!!

Take a dammed detector in steam asit is in gamespy to prevent any of such cheats in term of compatible data's as a "must be".

Greeting
    Mandelus
    Leader of Antiquae

I've sent PMs to moderators of the officials boards, I hope it will be ok

Well bayard you shouldn't have told this to the public forums, PM's to competent persons would have been enough

I hesitate, but I think more ppl know this and more CA should do something quickly.

Actually its good to make everything public. This keeps up the pressure to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
    I hesitate, but I think more ppl know this and more CA should do something quickly.
    You have a point there

Might be i don't mess around in settings but some people will.

Keep in mind guys if you meet 20 of the strongest line infantry fully maxed out its easy too see hes cheating
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Thankyou for not posting the 'how to'

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast