Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show off your units!

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Icon6 Show off your units!

Yes, I'm well aware those aren't longbows at all. I just wanted to see if it worked.

So, apparently the weapon models are no longer attached to the models like they were in RTW and M2TW

This is good news for modders with no modeling skill like myself!
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: English Longbowmen

sweet
    looks good, this will make creating units a bit easier, now if only the campaign map shared this trait.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Hey that looks really sweet, do you think its possible to make a mod for it and share? im sick of using muskets

+rep for that, tha'ts an awsome find!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ReDSuNs View Post
    Hey that looks really sweet, do you think its possible to make a mod for it and share? im sick of using muskets
    Yeah probably, I'll work on it soon.

They suck right now, only the front rank is firing for some reason. I'll have to figure it out.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Yeah probably, I'll work on it soon.

They suck right now, only the front rank is firing for some reason. I'll have to figure it out.
    Thats because fire by rank is a researchable technology, research it and muskets wont suck anymore.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Roope View Post
    Thats because fire by rank is a researchable technology, research it and muskets wont suck anymore.
    They don't have muskets

I'm talking about these bowmen that I just made

The ones in the 2nd and 3rd ranks don't fire, but they do for other bowmen in the game.
    ttt

The Mango, was the process an easy or difficult one code-wise? Might I ask what you had to edit to change around weaponry?

If you use LtChambers 1.6 unpacker, you can change model pretty easy. I have musketeers with screw rifles. It also changes stats on the unit because my musketeers now have 125 range.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    The Mango, was the process an easy or difficult one code-wise? Might I ask what you had to edit to change around weaponry?
    As Blaine the Mono said, all you have to do is copy all the weapons from a bow unit to the line infantry.

It only took me 2 tries to get it working the way it is now (which isn't perfectly). and the first time it didn't crash, it just had regular line infantry units and animation, but the muskets shot arrows instead of bullets
    ttt

woah,
    maybe i could give the russians cossacks bow?? or maybe arm their cossacks infrantry with bows??.
    lol

Do I edit the patch or the main pack file then? It might be Im trying to do something which currently isn't possible (Turn a line infantrymen into a light infantrymen, not weapon wise, but in terms of category).

Devilmaypoop's Avatar Ordinarius

I have edited many of my units and given almost everyone a backup melee weapon and its realy cool

Lol awesome fiind man + rep

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Have you tried this with rank fire researched? Maybe they then start shooting with bows using rank fire techniques?

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Great mod tool!
    Gave my prussian jaegers bayonets and increased the unit size to 160,they can now fight as line infantry as well as having the option of light infantry tactics and stakes.
    Best looking infantry in the game IMO.

Have any of you guys figured out how to switch how a unit behaves (Whether it's line infantry, light infantry, ect.)? I tried messing with making a militia unit into a light infantrymen, but I think the source behind whether a unit is classified as line infantry or light infantry is in another file.

Decanus

Ahiga, try to edit units_tables. You can change class of units from infantry_militia to infantry_light. I don't know whether it works, but you should give it a try.

i feel that the reloading speed may be needed to increase,i saw those bow man standing there doing nothing,and only the first row fire.lol

Quote Originally Posted by HellFell View Post
    Ahiga, try to edit units_tables. You can change class of units from infantry_militia to infantry_light. I don't know whether it works, but you should give it a try.
    I cannot believe I overlooked the class, it does indeed change what the unit is listed as, but sadly it does not change the qualities of a unit beyond that, as far as I can tell. Thank you though, that does get me one step closer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast