7 10.94%

8 12.50%

4 6.25%

4 6.25%

2 3.13%

2 3.13%

4 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about ETW Multiplayer?

Default What do you think about ETW Multiplayer?

Rate ETW Multiplayer!

Default Re: What do you think about ETW Multiplayer?

Given it a 7, it's much better than previous, but it lacks so many things and the ranking system is exploitable.

gave it a high grade seeing there is not much trouble with lag and such + steam auto updates.
    I do miss a chat screen to find good 2v2 partners or find some fun people to play with.

For the rest its pretty good
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

It is so simple... Steam sucks! I have so may clanmates that they cannot see some of the games We did the settings in download section of Steam correctly! In MED2 we could play with out problems... No good grade from me...

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

For those that have proplems with singleplayer and multiplayer and they are not pleased with steam, please sign up in the ANTI-STEAM petition that i've recently found. It needs only 2 mins of your time!!! The complains will be sent to Creative Assembly and Sega directly!

this is the link : http://www.petitiononline.com/n0st3am/petition.html

Thank you for your time reading this.

{LEONTES}_HADES

That has nothing to do with steam. Learn before you whine.

I rate it 6.
    Last edited by Norpheus; March 27, 2009 at 05:45 AM.

Norpheus do you call anyone not knowing something a noob.
    Hades il explain it to you and not just say it isn't that and call you a noob.

Steam uses different servers too host games on.
    If your friends live in europe and you live in american you will get the american servers and they will get the european. On this page should be a guide on how to change this so both of you can play together

Hope it solves your problems.
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

Normally not, you can play steam across the world normally, it's the fault of the way ETW works with it.

I like it its alot easier than previous TW MP's no lag easy to connect and find a game.

Hades im not sure why after you changed your DL region you werent able to find your clan mates.

I play with a mate in Australia, England, New Zealand and Germany we are all set to US-California and have no problems finding each others game. Could this be a port problem?

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

It's filled with idiots and immature players. I'm going to give it a 4.

I would love to tell you, but this damn cannot connect to host error makes it an impossible dream.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

I'll give it an 8.

I'll give it a 10 if they add a flat map (with no terrain obstacles). There's also a few minor buggy issues such as getting cavalry to disengage from a fight.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

lol ok so you'd give it a 10 if they added ONE map that was flat... Lets forget the fact that there are only two 2v2 maps and no 3v3 maps. 3v3's made up the majority of the MP competition in the past and maps need to be patched in very quickly...

The game has many, many bugs... but so have all in the past. CA have a habit of releasing games that arent finished.

This game was made from a new engine, the only bonus ive seen from this are the naval battles as really it hasnt advanced much at all since rome and mtw2...

The promise of a ranked LADDER was also a lie, so because of that and the rediculous timezone issue... id give it a 7. BI was a far more complete and balanced game, but empires will do.

I would give it a 6 as slightly more than 50% of the game are actually proper and balance hosted by players who are sensetive to balance play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlan View Post
    Norpheus do you call anyone not knowing something a noob.
    Hades il explain it to you and not just say it isn't that and call you a noob.

Steam uses different servers too host games on.
    If your friends live in europe and you live in american you will get the american servers and they will get the european. On this page should be a guide on how to change this so both of you can play together

Hope it solves your problems.
    Well, considerign that you have called everyone that doesn't think mortar-hill-camping needs skills has been called noob by you and thats probably half the forum.

And dont think i dont realise that your being such an angel becuase you need to get some friends here becuase most people hate you and your mortarcamping propaganda

I gave it an 8. I agree, we need some flat maps (Oceans do not count), and a 3vs3 map.

Also to change fixed artillery to mobile, having fixed artillery just changes how the game is played. you have some artillery in the middle of the map, and the people run to the very corner and spike themselves up.

Also to give Artillery a limited amount of ammunition would be a huge wonder, having that you can have an artillery piece fire for 60 mins straight.

The fact that you can't have defensive options ready, and also not a dedicated attack/defend (not siege) having trenches and such able to be used, (great for a 2vs1)

a Desert Dune map, (You know the rapid change of slopes of up down up down, That would be pretty cool to play in that! =D)

Have hills effect your range.

Limit Chain ammo + fire rate for naval combat.

A valley map. (where hills are on both sides and engagement is not on a hill)

Small Maps.

Some type of engagement rule.

Major Decrease in Moral if units are just sitting there being pounded by artillery and doing nothing, and not as bad decrease of moral if moving.

Making Mortar Artillery accurate as they were back in the days... (Unaccurate)

Possibly enhance range of artillery units to 600.

Have horses shoot while ON the move... not having your Gunner Camels line up in a perfect line and ready aim and shoot...

have melee directed infantry superior to linemen.

have a certain rule where you click that says No Artillery, No Fixed Artillery, example example.

Maybe make elephants more effective in trample / melee? (I would imagine an elephant would do more damage, esp it it was in a group... XD

A working ladder board.

Over all though, I think the multiplayer is a good core, and with mods, It will be amazing.
    Last edited by Kaizer Merlox; March 16, 2009 at 03:15 AM.

Flat map does not makes good game especially for tactics of ETW era, I would prefer a hill or 2 with gentle slopes and lots of terrian features. Damn I miss NTW2.

No, we need a flat map for competition purposes
    ingame name: Judas
    Faction: Sweden

Multiplayer could be enhanced, lets face it. =p

Laetus

I give it a 9. The ranking and ladder system is worthless but the battles themselves are great. Anyone who says the old Game Spy system is better then Steam must be smoking stale crack.

I gave it a 1 because I can actually get in a battle. After that, it's nothing but Austrian line infantry spam armies and range hackers run amok. Pretty worthless.
    /* Under the Patronage of the Honorable Garbarsardar */
    Graphic Designer, Husband, & Dad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast