Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the Legions of rome have Lorica segmentata?

Default Will the Legions of rome have Lorica segmentata?

One thing I was sad about EB is that the roman legionares didnt have Lorica segmentata the classic armour of Rome the most well know at least.I realy tough it would have that armour aswell after the lorica hamata.But nothing the last unit you had in EB with romans has the most developed in Roman Legion was one with lorica hamata and helmets that looked from the Republican Era.Where was the classical Lorica segmentata and the classical roman helmet?I notice that also in praetorians cohorts same thing they didnt have the lorica segmentata and no praetorians helmets and no capes.
    Will in this mod Romani finaly have lorica segmentata in their units? For those who dont know what is this armour here see this.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorica_segmentata
    Is the classical roman armour (classical has the one that will almost see in every movie,game,book etc.)

Default Re: Will the Legions of rome have Lorica segmentata?

Oh. My. Dear. God.

NO!
    NO!
    NO!
    NO!
    NO!
    NO!
    NO!

The tentacles of John-117 are long indeed...

LORICA SEGEMENTATA IS NOT IN THE TIME PERIOD OF EUROPA BARBARORUM.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Lol who is John-117?

Sorry. Something of an inside joke. John-117 is THE definitive advocate of "it's really cool so put it in! Forget accuracy".

So, RomanSoldier, it's not that I'm angry at you in particular...it's just that this issue has been raised SO many times. Check around the forum before you ask questions.

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cursed View Post
    Oh. My. Dear. God.

NO!
    NO!
    NO!
    NO!
    NO!
    NO!
    NO!

The tentacles of John-117 are long indeed...

EB is in time period of EB dont forget that EB goes to Imperial Era.The Praetorians already exist for example in game .The lorica segementa appear in early times of Empire aroud 1st century AD and that is cover by EB.

Lord Anubis's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cursed View Post
    He's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I want to read Akarīs LOTR synopsis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    A wizard and a bloodshot floating eye attempt to begin an age of industry and progress and to rescue the oppressed minority of the goblins/orcs/trolls from the racist human/elf alliance.

Indeed I am. I assure you, no evidence can contradict that fact, at least that you have.

AD14, friend.

Not AD50 or even AD30.

No Segementata.

Game of the Fates

As I said before the lorica segementata appear aroud the time that EB ends so I think it can be inclued and still be historical.If you have the Praetorians and Imperial Legions why not the proper armour aswell?

The Jewish-Roman War the first one was in 66–73 and romans already have the Segementata.You even dont need to go that far in 9 AD in time of Teutoberg Forest Massacre the romans legions already have the Segementata.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by RomanSoldier9001 View Post
    You even dont need to go that far in 9 AD in time of Teutoberg Forest Massacre the romans legions already have the Segementata.
    That's only five years till the end date of EB.

Have a look at the last post of this thread. This will probably be closed soon.

Why are there still so many LS fanboys on the forums?
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Icon3 Re: Will the Legions of rome have Lorica segmentata?

The Jewish-Roman War the first one was in 66–73 and romans already have the Segementata.You even dont need to go that far in 9 AD in time of Teutoberg Forest Massacre the romans legions already have the Segementata.
    Actually, elements of segmentata suits have been found on sites that predate Teutoburger forest. Still, the scientific consensus is that LS was rare in the Augustean armies and only became popular around 50 AD. By which time EB has already ended.

I know LS is iconic of the Roman army, but in reality most of Rome's conquest were carried out by hamata-wearing legionaries. This mod is about historical accuracy, not about replicating stereotypes.

There will be no lorica segmentata armor for EB.
    Thank you.
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

Hopefully this will end it.

Game of the Fates

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

Yeah the OP could've checked the two closed topics that are still on the first page as well, both were about LS and the OP's questions were answered in them. We should start making bets on when the new thread will be started.

I check the others but well is always good to discuss things that is what makes a mod or game great well I pretty much find plausible the fact that segmentata be inclued in mod as the armour appear around the time frame that game ends so is possible that armour be inclued and the game still be historical accurate.As I said before in Teutoberg Forest Battle(in 9 AD few years previous to the game ending) the armour already exist and theres arqueologal finds of that.So the armour already exist when game ends.

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

Well nobody goes on till the period in which LS was considered to be widely used, to remind you start at the starting year of EB and go till the where this occured, then multiply it with 4 and you see how many turns it takes. In EB (and rtw with or without any mod) it's about changing history and the chain of events that led to LS being used would defenitely be different or non existant. For the same sake they could've invented plate armor along the way (although less likely of course).

Icon3 Re: Will the Legions of rome have Lorica segmentata?

I check the others but well is always good to discuss things that is what makes a mod or game great well I pretty much find plausible the fact that segmentata be inclued in mod as the armour appear around the time frame that game ends so is possible that armour be inclued and the game still be historical accurate.As I said before in Teutoberg Forest Battle(in 9 AD few years previous to the game ending) the armour already exist and theres arqueologal finds of that.So the armour already exist when game ends.
    The fact is, it has been brought up so many times we tired of it. Yes, it existed, but it wasn't common so it won't be used. I do not think the Roman army is incomplete without the LS.

It would basicaly be like adding female fighters.

You guys should post a big n' flashy stickied tread reading ' NO SEGEMENTATA! '

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Tankai View Post
    You guys should post a big n' flashy stickied tread reading ' NO SEGEMENTATA! '
    Agreed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast