Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoke and Blood Mod Thread (Last Update: 28.02.10 - Blood Mod for NTW ;) )

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: The Battlefield Smoke & Sound Mod

Ok i got it working and its outstanding thanks guys.. dont know what i did wrong! haha

for the soundmod, if i want music and sfx, i put both files in data?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediteran View Post
    for the soundmod, if i want music and sfx, i put both files in data?
    Yep, easy as that.

The sound mod is great! (The smoke mod is too much for my system :p)
    But I wonder... is it possible to have different "drums&pipes" for different cultures? It would be nice to have distinct marching music for Ottomans and Indians!

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Weirdly enough, US used a march that sounded the same. Was a song made by a man named Joseph Warren based off of the british grenadier song, called Free Amerikay.

Basically the same song but with different lyrics.

http://www.amazon.com/Free-Amerikay-.../dp/B00106IB36

If you go to that page and click the Preview all button, and listen, you can hear it sounds practically the same. The march they would have used for the song would have sounded exactly the same.
    Good find! Question: does anyone here know the individual who actually wrote the original British Grenadiers tune? It's often credited to "traditional". Another use of this music was of course John Tams' "Gentleman Soldier" (on the Music of Sharpe soundtrack album).

As a side note, I seem to recall watching a history documentary once about the SS regiments of WW2 and at one of the Nazi rallies this famous marching song was playing, which at first I thought was quite weird... but then again... perhaps not.

Thanks again for this awesome mod Mech_Donald! I think that R4nd0M deserves some credit for originally repacking the mod with LtChambers patch packfile method. He helped discover this way of modding and it's so much easier for us to do now thanks to him (I've already repacked my own battlefield music with my collection of fife and drum tracks edited in Cooledit pro).
    + Total War without Jeff van Dyck is like Star Wars without John Williams +

"Sum tempestas fusca, qua perducit terra"

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Yep, easy as that.

thanks!

i hear there is the grenadiers march in? but, will it also play it if i am austria for example? or is somehow faction based?

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Downloaded. Tried. Recommend.

+rep

Its would be cool to have a variety of Drum files there

Downloaded and tested!
    Everything works very well, and i recommend this mod to all!

thanks,
    +rep

Ordinarius

Hi guys!

The mod was now updated to Version 2.4!!

I have improved ship cannon effects much more an added a small blood mod. Have a look in the starting post for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Teodosio View Post
    The sound mod is great! (The smoke mod is too much for my system :p)
    But I wonder... is it possible to have different "drums&pipes" for different cultures? It would be nice to have distinct marching music for Ottomans and Indians!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_vamp View Post
    Just finished installing the sound mod. It works great- except for my American soldiers marching to the "British Grenadiers." Is this just something I'll have to live with?
    Yes, unfortunately. At the moment there is afaik no way to let the game choose marching musics for a single faction only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    This Mod is great.

If there is any way to add a little flash from the pan to the musket I would myself from happieness.
    Try the new Update 2.4!

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Nice work!

my first battle didn't have the drums or fiddle, but my second battle had the drums, no fiddle? The smoke and better gun sounds are real nice addition, hope to see more, +rep for you.
    Thank you for +rep! I don't know why you have this trouble with the soundsmod. For me everything works fine. :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Kohvi View Post
    So this also removes the trails ? Atleast that's how it seemed in the video. But great job, +rep
    The "anti-trail mod is not included. You can do it by yourself: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=233946

And Thank You for the +rep!

Quote Originally Posted by G.Seimore View Post
    You are my savior! I have been playing marching sounds in the background for now, this is indeed one hell of a game enhancer. +1 Rep
    I am pleased that you have fun with my mod. Thank You for the +rep!

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR-Spieler View Post
    Does this work with the German version of the game??
    Yes, of course! I'm german and use the german version.

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Hey Mech, thanks a lot for both the smoke and sound mods. Created an account just to let you know. Also, although the smoke light mod works perfect for me, I am encountering some problems with the fife and drum part of the mod.

After hearing the same few songs over and over again, instead of the 6 promised, I unpacked your patch mod and listened to all of them. There are indeed a few I have not heard in battle.

They are the 5, 6, and 7 wav files. I don't think the game is able to add them on as marches and instead it only replaces the original 4, an unfortunate limitation as I wish to have the more variety. Can anyone else (or you Mech) confirm this?

Again thank you for the mod. Even with just the 4 marches its still good. Also, I still sometimes hear the original march with just drums. Do you?
    Have you tried it more times? Usually the game handels more than 4 different songs. I have tested it many times. :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes33 View Post
    Thanks again for this awesome mod Mech_Donald! I think that R4nd0M deserves some credit for originally repacking the mod with LtChambers patch packfile method. He helped discover this way of modding and it's so much easier for us to do now thanks to him (I've already repacked my own battlefield music with my collection of fife and drum tracks edited in Cooledit pro).
    Thank you for the advise! I have updated my first post in both threads!

Quote Originally Posted by Walkman810i View Post
    Downloaded. Tried. Recommend.

+rep
    Thank you for the +rep!

Decanus

If you want some drums for the Frenches I founded a lot here in this youtube list, but these are Napoleonic :-/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpqT0...017633&index=0

Bocah_Bali's Avatar Civis

Excellent update Mech_Donald!
    Bored/Frustrated/Angry at inaccurate in game uniform?
    Want to see another historical variation instead?
    Or are you a someone who wish to show your work on how "it should
    have look like"?
    Go and visit
    TWC community ETW re-texture compilation!!

MECH thanks again your mods rock!!! I never rep anyone before but... +rep! hehe hope that works. EDIT... the blood is crazy!!!!! makes it like the real thing
    Last edited by baz44331; March 15, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

Way to go MECH, the mods just keep getting better and more spectacular!.

One quick question, is the Blood mod tied into the full smoke mod? I currently use the light version of your smoke mod and dont want to install the full version of the smoke mod just to use the Blood mod. Can this be made as a seperate mod?

It seems I'm having a bit of trouble installing this mod. How do I "copy" the pack. file? I extracted the .pack file to the data folder but still, to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by therifleman View Post
    It seems I'm having a bit of trouble installing this mod. How do I "copy" the pack. file? I extracted the .pack file to the data folder but still, to no avail.
    Once the .pack file has been copied into your "\empire total war\data" folder thats all you have to do. Just run the game to see the new effects

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer_UK View Post
    You do not need to extract the .pack file once its been copied to "\empire total war\data"
    I didn't even copy it. I downloaded the mod using WinRar, then extracted the .pack file to the empiretotalwar/data folder. Am I supposed to copy it instead of extracting and how do I do that? Thanks.
    Last edited by therifleman; March 15, 2009 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks for the quick reply Mech. I have tried in several battles, but I will try again and I'll get back to you. Are your files unpacked when you test or is it in the patch pack files you have uploaded?

+ repped awesome!
    http://porkyjack.shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You nosy sig reader!

It would be nice to have some of the Sharpe music in there, if it fits that is. I would like to see the over the hills and far away song in there, maybe not in the battle mode but maybe on the campaign map as England.