Thread: Can somebody make a 'permanant' rank fire mod?

Default Can somebody make a 'permanant' rank fire mod?

Basically a file that allows you to permanently use rank by fire no matter how you upgrade... because I upgraded to rank and advance + platoon fire, but neither of them work and they go back to the default firing drill before fire by rank...

Anyone?

Default Re: Can somebody make a 'permanant' rank fire mod?

Ask in the Darth Mod thread? I would like a choice to fire by rank, of fire by platoon myself

really?!?!??! they dont keep old tactics? Wtf!

Favorite Goalies

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Lineman ALLWAYS use Rank Fire(If it's researched), Elite troops are the only ones that use Platoon fire(Also, if it's researched).

Really don't get whats so difficult about this.

None of the units use both.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Lineman ALLWAYS use Rank Fire(If it's researched), Elite troops are the only ones that use Platoon fire(Also, if it's researched).

Really don't get whats so difficult about this.

None of the units use both.

Buddy.. I upgraded to platoon fire and
    rank by firefor normal units.. isn't working.

Nor is fire and advance. This anomaly occured after upgrading to platoon fire drill.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarbinger View Post
    Buddy.. I upgraded to platoon fire and
    rank by firefor normal units.. isn't working.

Nor is fire and advance. This anomaly occured after upgrading to platoon fire drill.
    Works for me...buddy...

Yeah Line infantry use Rank By Fire if you have platoon fire upgraded becuase only Elites use platoon fire. Dont know why its so hard to understand this.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Maby its hard to understand, because nothing in the game states anything about what units can use which tactics. Not in their abilities tab, not in the research window, not in-battle. Not anywhere..
    And no, i dont count the Descriptions box, which has a wall of historical text and RARELY some actual gameplay info thrown in there like a piece of cheeze in a maze.

Fire and Advance doesnt work for me either. Since again, there is NO tooltip or any description what so ever on how exactly its supposed to work.
    I click the button, and move my troops closer to the enemy, they just walk like normal, no firing.
    I hold the little forward-arrow a bit to make them advance that way, they just walk like normal, no firing.
    I drag out a new formation a few meters ahead of my men, they just walk like normal, no firing.
    I click on the enemy in hopes that they will advance on their own then, they just stay put and shoot as normal.

Really, no need to insult people when the game itself fails to provide basic info ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Baleur View Post
    Maby its hard to understand, because nothing in the game states anything about what units can use which tactics. Not in their abilities tab, not in the research window, not in-battle. Not anywhere..
    And no, i dont count the Descriptions box, which has a wall of historical text and RARELY some actual gameplay info thrown in there like a piece of cheeze in a maze.

Fire and Advance doesnt work for me either. Since again, there is NO tooltip or any description what so ever on how exactly its supposed to work.
    I click the button, and move my troops closer to the enemy, they just walk like normal, no firing.
    I hold the little forward-arrow a bit to make them advance that way, they just walk like normal, no firing.
    I drag out a new formation a few meters ahead of my men, they just walk like normal, no firing.
    I click on the enemy in hopes that they will advance on their own then, they just stay put and shoot as normal.

Really, no need to insult people when the game itself fails to provide basic info ^_^
    Nobody is insulting you friend...

When something is not explained fully or at all in the manual, that is nothing more than a few pages smacked together, it is not self evident that people should understand this. The manual is lacking in oh-so-many-ways. And my Line infantry stopped using Fire by Rank too. This might be a bug though. As some times the AI does something for some, and not for others.