Thread: Wheres the online campaing ??

Default Wheres the online campaing ??

Hi. I havent played the earlier total wars, but i think the option to play an online campaign has been available, where the hell is it in this one ??
    Is it gonna be included ??
    I will grow tired quickly of the normal battles.

Default Re: Wheres the online campaing ??

The MP campaign was announced but was not included, as the ladder: was announced but not included.

ok, thanks.. any idea when an update will occur ?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    ok, thanks.. any idea when an update will occur ?
    Last I heard was 'very shortly'.

The multiplayer campaign was never promised on release date. It was a plan that was stated to be in the works and ready for release several months after empire hit the stores... even then itll only be 1v1 at first.

I think the campaign will be rly hard to do online seeing you got leavers and even the normal campaign takes days
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlan View Post
    I think the campaign will be rly hard to do online seeing you got leavers and even the normal campaign takes days
    It won't be for the casual gamer that's for sure.

Well it rly depends on how the play it out.

Timers and such seeing a online campaign is not something finished in an hour.
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlan View Post
    Well it rly depends on how the play it out.

Timers and such seeing a online campaign is not something finished in an hour.
    With quick battles and simultaneous turns its possible to finish in an hour or so . But that takes away some of the fun, the battles. Could be as in heroes5, quick battles unless you face an opponent.

Yeah but it might indeed ruin the fun a bit.
    Still If they implent with turns and full scales battles a campaign will take problaby days
    ~PrimeChaosVC

It's supposed to be a 2 player campaign, with the other player fighting as the enemy army if wanted, which is really nice, no more stupid AI and killing your enemies to boredom with one tactic to beat them all.

The only reason I bought this game was cos of the multiplayer campaign, but sitting here waiting for it, it just doesn't seem worth it anymore, with all the flaws in the game etc, I'd actually rather be in school than sitting at home playing Empire. Yeah..

Laetus

Agree really looking forward to seeing how multiplayer campaign develops, this is one of the reason that buying ETW a no-brainer. I have a couple of mates lined up already doesnt matter if it takes weeks or months to play just want to get it underway