Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How hard is it to make a small blood mod?

Default How hard is it to make a small blood mod?

Hi ,i don't know much about modding,but as i said,how hard is it to make a small blood mod?is it possible to implement is the question,i wanted to ask? after seeing the smoke & music mod,these details make the battle atmosphere so much better!
    Last edited by masliko; March 13, 2009 at 07:57 AM.

Default Re: How hard is it to make a small blood mod?

i also wondered this as sum blood wud be quite gd

The way the textures are set up, no.

Maybe if there's an animation of a power mark/burst when a bullet hits, you could colour it red, but otherwise I dont see it is easy. I also dont see it being high enough on anyone's list for them to dedicate time to it.

Libertus

There was blood in both RTW and M2TW, it was just not implemented. I am sure it will be the case for Empire as well, just give the modders some time.

I dont know but James Wolfe can burn in HELL

I hope yoou or someone else does find a way.

BTW in the same file that the smoke mod changed, there is a reference to blood splatter effect.

they're not humans, they're robots, get hited and no blood *lol*
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Miles

it's better sometimes when there is no blood puffs to drop frame rates... i like the idea that they must be modded in.
    Slovenic by birth, Christian by the Grace of God.

WWI Total War Mod Member
    Družina Kagana

I've found that in the landbattle.xml file if you modify the effect of the musket impacts such as musket_impact_human so that the effect ='s small_bloodspray1. You will in fact randomly get what looks like a small "black" spray of blood from units being hit by fire.

It actually looks pretty decent, unfortunately I'm an idiot and incapable of changing the black to red. If someone who can did however it would actually work as a pretty decent poor mans blood mod for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Tomasovic View Post
    it's better sometimes when there is no blood puffs to drop frame rates... i like the idea that they must be modded in.
    No it's not. This should have been in the game with an option to turn it off for those who like PG rated games. "It should be modded in" sounds like an excuse to release unfinished games.

Also, great find lettuce. Hopefully guys from the texture thread can help us out and make it red.
    ETW ship combat with pirate rap:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SyN0QdEZyA

Zebedee's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ZKnight View Post
    No it's not. This should have been in the game with an option to turn it off for those who like PG rated games. "It should be modded in" sounds like an excuse to release unfinished games.
    Couldn't agree more with you.

Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by ZKnight View Post

Also, great find lettuce. Hopefully guys from the texture thread can help us out and make it red.
    sorry i didn't put that correctly... i meant basically what you said, that you could toggle it on/off... not mod it in... apologies.
    Slovenic by birth, Christian by the Grace of God.

WWI Total War Mod Member
    Družina Kagana

Quote Originally Posted by lettuce View Post
    I've found that in the landbattle.xml file if you modify the effect of the musket impacts such as musket_impact_human so that the effect ='s small_bloodspray1. You will in fact randomly get what looks like a small "black" spray of blood from units being hit by fire.

It actually looks pretty decent, unfortunately I'm an idiot and incapable of changing the black to red. If someone who can did however it would actually work as a pretty decent poor mans blood mod for the time being.
    That's interesting. I'll look when I have some time.

Does it give any kind of file directory for say, a skin? If you can find the skin then you can easily open it in photoshop and change the color.

In effects/textures there are files called emp_humanhit_diffuse.dds and
    emp_humanhit_diffuse.tga , which are both black. Presumably altering these would get you the red blood

If i can emulate what lettuce did and get it going on my set up, I'll upload the edited texture. Also it looks as if all the paramaters to edit the size etc of the spray are within landbattle.xml. Not so hard after all

edit: cant seem to get those black sprays to show up? can you post exactly what you did cabbage?
    Last edited by waronmars; March 14, 2009 at 03:06 AM.

If anyone is going to make blood, decapitation PLEASE!

Modding wise, blood and decapitation are two REALLY different things.

Lettuce, can you post your edited landbattle.xml? Then we can change the texture.

Hmmm everyone is saying that they can get into oh so many files and stuff....but I on the other hand am geting weird things, for example, I go into the any sub file in ui, and open their sub folders, when I open them, show..nothing! its really weird (eg, I go into battle ui, then layout scrips or any other sub file, and their is nothing there!)

I dont know what to make of it lads! Because I would LOVe to be able to edit the scripting and what not so that I can play minor factions and stuff

Bow down to the glorious largest barbeque in the world

Don't freak out...they are just empty folders :p

Quote Originally Posted by MRussell View Post
    Hmmm everyone is saying that they can get into oh so many files and stuff....but I on the other hand am geting weird things, for example, I go into the any sub file in ui, and open their sub folders, when I open them, show..nothing! its really weird (eg, I go into battle ui, then layout scrips or any other sub file, and their is nothing there!)

I dont know what to make of it lads! Because I would LOVe to be able to edit the scripting and what not so that I can play minor factions and stuff
    It's not scripiting. All the files are locked in binary. For the UI files and such you will need to download an unpacker.

As for unlocking minor factions, you need a hex editor. Open the Startpos.esf file using a hex editor and seach for position 0008121c
    then find the name of the faction you want to unlock. after the last hex value representing the last letter of the name of said faction, count over to the right 5 bytes and change it from 00 to 01.

That will unlock the faction.

Hey, looks like this has been sorted out elsewhere. Hurray, blood!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237457

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast