Thread: Wow. My first naval victory in MP!

guerra's Avatar Biarchus

Default Wow. My first naval victory in MP!

Well. I just had an epic multiplayer naval battle which I miraculously won. I played the French, my opponent was the British.

The wind was with the other guy despite my positioning, but I managed to trick him and come out from behind him and steal the wind advantage early on. I had two lines. My heavy line of ships and my light frigates and other ships (including one immensely successful cannonade frigate)

First I attacked his rear ships, mostly weak ones, and I used my quicker ships to split his forces, I lost 2 ships in it, but was worth it because I managed to get him to bunch up his fleet in one small area which I harrassed with a single rocket ship. I don't think it did anything, but it was still funny.

My cannonade frigate was micromanaged most. Swerving like a Quebec driver inbetween his gargantuan ships of the line, I managed to really damage the rear of his big ship.

My main fleet first did a raking sweep, then curved around and stopped, blocking his movement into the wind. I was concerned because I lost the wind advantage, but my wall of ships managed to keep them in. He tried to break out inbetween my ships (which would have been painful) but I managed to chain shot and slow him down, then blocking his cannonade frigate with my admiral's 5th rate. At that point, it was so chaotic I didn't think I would win. Half my fleet started routing on me, so I got my admiral's 5th rate and managed to rally them, turn the ships against them and blow them to smithereens.

Phew! That was intense.

Default Re: Wow. My first naval victory in MP!

That must have been intense

I played one naval battle and quit straight away there was sooo much lag I just couldnt take it but I have to try it out more times.

Nice one guerra.
    If you have the replay mind posting them in the replay thread so we can wacht it?.
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

guerra's Avatar Biarchus

I saved it. How do I post it?

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Yes please submit it. It sounds very interesting and I would love to see it.
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

guerra's Avatar Biarchus

Enjoy! Let me know what you guys think.

il watch it tonight before going to bed.
    But i think sea is pretty awesome a bit slow from time to time and boarding takes hours to finish.

I won 8 games in ranked naval battles and lost 1.
    Mostly because that 1 the other guy played smarter we both decided no rocket ships but he had more ships and had wind on his side still he was one hell of a naval player.
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!