Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Land Unit Stats Editor v0.1

Default Re: Land Unit Stats Editor v0.1

Can't anyone just say which file to open?!! I hate when these programs got ´tutorials to use it but not to open it

Hello!!!

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

I assume this program is pretty much outdated... use the DB Editor or the newest PFM Switcher by Husserl.

Last time I used DB editor I crashed the game 3 times. 3 fails/3 tries= Very bad

I just wants something simple for editing units

Use pack file manager, Download it, extract the zip, install it, launch the program.

File, open patch.pack( just friggen pick one), navigate to the DB folder expand it, highlight unit_stats_land folder, right click it, select extract selected, extract someplace you can find it. exit the program without saving (close pfm).

Open Pack file manager again, File, New, Select a folder (make one on your desktop or something), right click the folder in your Que on the right top. select ad directory, ad the db folder you extracted before, now open the unit_stat_pack folder in your directory, select the unit_stats_pack which is in that folder , it will open editable unit stats on the right, edit what you want. The units you don't edit you can delete if you want ( I do) . When your done right click on the top folder on the left in packfile manger and change pack type to.... lets just use movie format ( it works). Save to your data folder.

Easy right lol!

what programm i must have to make this work and how i use this

in db i select units_stats_land i press right click and then nothing...any help???

Hey, I try to open up unit_stats_land with Land Unit Stats Editor, and I get this;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And yes, I have it unpacked - the file is on my desktop.

Default Re: [Tool] Land Unit Stats Editor v0.1

how di i find the unit_stats_folder? (i'm new to this ****)

i don`t know how to unpack empire files and which file is needed

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Quote Originally Posted by asiazh12 View Post
    i don`t know how to unpack empire files and which file is needed
    You need to download Pack File Manager:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2409

Next open this tool and select i.e. patch.pack file (first you need to select your Empire Total War data directory).

You will see a list, select db subfolder and then units_stats_land table.

Right click on it and export it somewhere on your hard drive.

Open PFM once again and create a new pack file with this table (add a file), then edit it and save as a mod pack type (drop-down list above).

Others db tables could be open, edited and exported in the same way.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Icon13 This does not work!

This does not work, it would open but I can't do anything, reply ASP. I wish it worked

How i use this program in napoleon ?

Why isn't there any download link? I want it soo badly, even the naval editor is great but I can't seem to find the download link ANYWHERE
    Either I'm stupid or someone please tell me

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Welcome, msomg123.

There are no download links for some older files because, if I understand it correctly, the links disappear after a period of time if no-one has downloaded the file.

The good news is that you can still edit the stats of land units. You can use Pack File Manager to make a mod pack file containing the unit_stats_land table, make it a 'movie' type mod, edit the unit stats and put the file into your C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data folder and you should see the changes appear in the game.

Instructions by erasmus777 on how to make a mod pack file are here (they are for Napoleon Total War but they work for Empire Total War too).

I normally use Pack File Manager 1.5.9 to make mod pack files, using the following steps:-

1. Open a copy of a vanilla patch file (the patch.pack, patch2.pack, etc, files are in the C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data folder), to find a database table which I would like to edit

2. Right-click on my chosen database table and and select 'Extract Selected' to save a copy of the database table. You can do this more than once, if you want to make a mod which includes several database tables.

3. Select 'New' to make a new mod file

4. Right-click on it and select 'Change Pack Type' and select 'Movie'

5. Right-click on the mod file and select 'Add File', then select the database table(s) which I saved earlier and select that table to add it/them.

6. Save the mod file

7. I then close PFM 1.5.9, start PFM 1.5.3 and open the mod file (if you use PFM 3.5.1, you probably won't need to do this)

8. I then use Pack File Manager 1.5.3 (which you is a feature of husserlTW's EasyDB resource, just start EasyDB and select 'PFM' from the options at the top of the screen) to edit the database tables in mod files when I have created the files. Alternatively, you could use the latest version, Pack File Manager 3.5.1, to create mod pack files and edit database tables.

9. On the left hand side of the Pack File Manager screen, I click on the name(s) of the database table(s) which I have edited, to rename them. For example, unit_stats_land could become new_unit_stats_land or mod_unit_stats_land. (Sometimes I need to do this more than once - when I rename the database table, save the file and re-open it, sometimes the changed name has not taken effect so I need to re-name the database tables again). If you do not do this, it is likely that the game will crash when loading or that the mod will not work properly.

10. When you have saved the edit mod file, just put a copy of it in your C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data folder

Most of the database tables you are likely to want to mod, including the unit_stats_land table, are in files called patch.pack, patch2.pack and so on, up to patch5.pack. These files are in the C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data folder. Sometimes there is more than one version of these files in different patches, e.g. there are several versions of the unit_stats_land table. (This partly reflects the development of the game through a series of patches and partly reflects the addition of DLC units.)

I made copies of the patch.pack, patch2.pack (and so on, up to patch5.pack) so that I could extract database tables from copies of the vanilla files rather than the originals.

Would you like to see a working example of a mod which edits unit statistics, which you can edit to create your own unit statistics mod?

Select this mediafire link if you would like to download an example of a mod file containing the unit_stats_land table from the patch.pack file. The only changes which this mod makes are to edit the statistics of African Native Infantry (euro_african_infantry) so that they have accuracy of 40 (not 30) and reloading of 25 (not 20). (I made this mini-mod using Pack File Manager 1.5.3 and 1.5.9). If you edit this mod file, then you can skip steps 1 to 7 above, and begin with step 8 instead.

To use (or look at and edit) this mod file, download it, unzip it (it was zipped with the free software 7zip) and open it with either Pack File Manager 1.5.3 or Pack File Manager 3.5.1. If you want to see the changes have effect in the game, put the mood in your C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data (it is a 'movie' type mod so you do not need to activate it with a mod manager or a user script file). If anyone would like to edit this mod file to make your own mod and release it on the TWC forum, you would be welcome to do that.

I recommend making a few small changes and testing those changes. Even a small typing error in a mod (e.g. if you type 'euro_dragoon' instead of 'euro_dragoons' in a mod which is intended to unlock the Dragoons unit for a faction) can cause the game to crash when loading or cause unexpected effects. Experienced modders recommend that we only edit mod files which we have made - in other words, they recommend that we do not edit the original (vanilla) game files.
    Last edited by Alwyn; April 15, 2015 at 01:55 AM.

Thank you! But if you still have the download file, that'd be awesome, thanks ^o^
    I'm gonna start messing with the modding tools now

Sorry, I don't have the download file for this tool. (I'll send a private message to the person who released the tool, to see if they can make a new download link available.)

The simplest thing to do is probably to download the mod file which I made using the mediafire link, above, and edit it with Pack File Manager 1.5.3 or 3.5.1. Good luck!
    Last edited by Alwyn; April 15, 2015 at 02:00 AM.

I probably still have the source code for this at home, so I'll package it up again if anybody wants it. Thanks for the PM @Alwyn for the heads up.

lol just registered how do I download

Welcome, TheMaceOfRome.

You download by clicking on the download links, when there are some. Often there are download links at the end of a post; sometimes there are links to a file-sharing web site such as mediafire. For example, if you click on this link to visit the home page of my These United Colonies mod and look at the bottom of the first post on that thread, you will find some download links (in a box with the heading 'Attached Files); there are also links to mediafire. Unfortunately, for older mods and tools, the download links have often disappeared or stopped working.

When the download link has disappeared or stopped working, you can try sending a private message to the person who created the mod or tool - when people have done this, sometimes the person who made the mod/tool has provided a new download link.

I explained how to edit the statistics of land units in this post.
    Last edited by Alwyn; May 25, 2015 at 10:02 AM.