Thread: Every Region Emergent?

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default Every Region Emergent?

Hey guys,

I have a mod idea, and I was wondering if you guys had some thoughts. Since emergent factions are a cool feature, I was wondering if they could be programmed for every single region, so that there would be no generic "rebels" taking control of any regions. It would take plenty of research, but each faction would just need a simple reskinning and recoloring of current units for its roster (and some unique units could of course be added too), and a flag.

We currently have emergent factions such as Greece, Ireland, Scotland, and Norway, but what about "bare" regions where a rebellion is just a generic rebel spawn? What about Serbia? Bosnia? What about some independent Indian states? Maybe some break-away Arab states in the Ottoman Empire? Every single region on the map could be given its own emergent faction with some research (Some would of course be ahistorical in the sense that they never emerged in real life, but still would be cool).

Is there a faction limit? Would it slow down turn times too much since there could be even *more* factions to simulate through?

All thoughts welcome!

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Every Region Emergent?

So , you want to create a hell of a lot of factions (Lots of work) so that they MAY appear IF there happens to be a rebellion there.
    Rebellions are rare enough (if you don't intend to make them happen)

For the small percentage of actually seeing some of these faction compared to the amount of work needed to include this feature makes this a rather ineffecient and not really needed project .

sorry for my negative stand about this , but that's my opinion.

I've been having this thought myself. It sounds like a great idea. And with Empire's new skinning system, it seems like it won't be too much work (once we've unlocked the files).

Coder on Dark Ages: Roman Revival, the alternate history mod for BI.

Under the Patronage of Augustus Lucifer, member of the House of Ward.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

@Greve:

Well either you're wrong or or Mythic_Commodore is wrong, and given Mythic's modding experience (from his sig) I tend to believe him. So if its NOT that much work (it would literally be recoloring, flag design, and some code work) I think it would be really cool.

Its true that many players would never see these factions emerge, but the times that they do would be extra cool... and plus, it would make every campaign different, since you couldn't count on any given factions rebelling.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well now that i've seen how to mod the textures etc , it might not be as much work as i thought.

If anyone would pick this up and do it , i would surely get it