Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brothers In Arms? Anybody tried it?

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

Has anybody tried brothers in arms?, it is one of the best tactical shooters available right now on consoles!. Its soo dramatic , like COD, but what makes it better is the Blood, and Cursing and Emotions that make it have a good story! Your teamates get killed and you actually curse and wanna destroy all the stupid Mg42 nest, Panzer Tanks, and Stukas you can find! The Music is top-notch too, as the battles intensifies, (especially on the final defense in the last mission), you hear your squad shouting, moaning, and acting like they are in war and their life is on the line, acompanied by a great Musical Score too. AI is superb, this aint to Medal of Honor rambo thing!. The German Army will fight for their lives like your fighting for yours and you squad's lives!. You will get Destroyed if you charge into an awaiting German Trench with 2 rifle men, and 1 guy holding a mp40. The Germans will try to fire and supress and flank you like you are trying to do to them! Theres no healthpacks! Every soldier has a limited health span!, if you get headshoted, your dead! 2 body hits and you will probably be wounded and near death, and if you charge your squad into an mg42 pit, .... :sick . All i have to say is that if your a WW2 tactical shooter fan or HIstory buff, or a person who just loves great games! get this right now! its incredibly, dramatic, and intense!

10/10. *tongue*

I heard the drama in it is overkill. Also, you can't go prone or lean around corners. Big no-no for me. If they add those features with a patch or expansion, then, maybe I'll get it; the addition of leaning only would sate me, too. I have standards for tactical shooters. :grin

BTW, wrong sub-forum.

Semisalis

I tried it in a Friend's house, it's one helluva game
    In ethical theory, I should care. I know that I should care. However, emotionally, to be perfectly honest, I don't give a damn.
    --Darth Wong

Originally posted by Carsomyr@Apr 23 2005, 01:14 PM
    I heard the drama in it is overkill. Also, you can't go prone or lean around corners. Big no-no for me. If they add those features with a patch or expansion, then, maybe I'll get it; the addition of leaning only would sate me, too. I have standards for tactical shooters. :grin

BTW, wrong sub-forum.
    its a little over kill in the diaglouge lol, but i think the story and action is dramatic.
    Yea i heard the Expansion coming out this year will add all those features, and MP should really be given a boost! right now the CAP is 4 players..each can control a 2 AI squads which is amazing! now if you can just raise the cap and get 32 people each with 2 squads, then you can have like giant army skirmishes!, but i wouldnt know how they would pull it off...would prolly be too laggy.

Civis

Originally posted by barbarion horde@Apr 23 2005, 12:15 PM
    I tried it in a Friend's house, it's one helluva game
    dude the game is amazing. blood splashin of my screen. and weirdest thing is the game is cheaper than CoD or MoH when they came out

Semisalis

Originally posted by emperor umeu 1@Apr 23 2005, 12:19 PM
    dude the game is amazing. blood splashin of my screen. and weirdest thing is the game is cheaper than CoD or MoH when they came out
    :wub:,

cuz if it is I'm gettin in my next paycheck :w00t
    In ethical theory, I should care. I know that I should care. However, emotionally, to be perfectly honest, I don't give a damn.
    --Darth Wong

Originally posted by {nF}remix+Apr 23 2005, 01:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> ({nF}remix @ Apr 23 2005, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Carsomyr@Apr 23 2005, 01:14 PM
    I heard the drama in it is overkill. Also, you can&#39;t go prone or lean around corners. Big no-no for me. If they add those features with a patch or expansion, then, maybe I&#39;ll get it; the addition of leaning only would sate me, too. I have standards for tactical shooters. :grin

BTW, wrong sub-forum.
    its a little over kill in the diaglouge lol, but i think the story and action is dramatic.
    Yea i heard the Expansion coming out this year will add all those features, and MP should really be given a boost&#33; right now the CAP is 4 players..each can control a 2 AI squads which is amazing&#33; now if you can just raise the cap and get 32 people each with 2 squads, then you can have like giant army skirmishes&#33;, but i wouldnt know how they would pull it off...would prolly be too laggy. [/b][/quote]
    Cool. I really hope they add those features. Without them, they game&#39;s style will merely encourage run-n-gun style gaming and there are already enough games for that. Can you control vehicles in BiA?

nope, cant control vehicles , but you can control them in what direction they go and what to fire at yes , pretty cool when taking on panzers, but they are vulnerable by the damn artilerry, so you always have to scout ahead and clear those out.,Even withtout, prone in BIA, you can never run and gun...You will get killed the moment you pop out of your cover my mg42&#39;s, Kar98&#39;s, and panzers popping lead at you from everwhere. Fire and flank is the key to winning this game

So remix I take it you like it? I have just started playing and I must say its da bomb.
    "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

It is&#33; its the best shooter experience since Call of Duty for me

Civitate

The best game i have played this year. Its a deff must buy.

The_Enigma's Avatar Decanus

I am going to buy it today, assuming my video game store ran out of HOI2 again.

There is No Foreign Policy Only National Interest
    All my post require 2 minute editing time

Originally posted by The_Enigma@Apr 23 2005, 02:09 PM
    I am going to buy it today, assuming my video game store ran out of HOI2 again.
    Order it via the intarweb. You can get HOI2 for about 15&#036; cheaper than retail prices. Although be warned you might receive a defected box; for example, my copy of HOI2 I ordered had a ripped box, no CD jewel case, and a worn manual. Still worked though. *shrugs*

?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

Maybe its good on console but it feels like I wasted 30 quid on it for the pc... Hated the game, played until the glider level and gave up, I mean, it felt like you couldn&#39;t aim properly, you couldn&#39;t even jump over walls, and some bits were so badly dumbed down like the suppression meter.

How does the whole aiming thing work on consoles? Because for the pc it was impossible to shoot anyone yourself, the squad commands didn&#39;t feel any better than republic commando, really shallow, and flanking didn&#39;t make any sense, Germans could hide behind a fence 5 meters from you, but you couldn&#39;t kill them unless you pressed the magic flanking button - never felt tactical, it felt like every situation in the game was suppress, flank, kill, you never did anything else&#33;

Aaaand the dialoge was so so so bad, I got embarrased watching it...

Originally posted by Dangerchicken@Apr 23 2005, 02:19 PM

Maybe its good on console but it feels like I wasted 30 quid on it for the pc... Hated the game, played until the glider level and gave up, I mean, it felt like you couldn&#39;t aim properly, you couldn&#39;t even jump over walls, and some bits were so badly dumbed down like the suppression meter.

How does the whole aiming thing work on consoles? Because for the pc it was impossible to shoot anyone yourself, the squad commands didn&#39;t feel any better than republic commando, really shallow, and flanking didn&#39;t make any sense, Germans could hide behind a fence 5 meters from you, but you couldn&#39;t kill them unless you pressed the magic flanking button - never felt tactical, it felt like every situation in the game was suppress, flank, kill, you never did anything else&#33;

This is something I have been noticing lately and I can&#39;t say I like it. The "dumbing down" of games, as you pointed out, is growing more evident each year. Half-Life 2 suffers from this; the game screams, "Scripted&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;". BiA apparently has the scripting blues as well. Even RTW feels the blues. MTW was much more open-ended; with RTW, however, generally the same things happen each time you play the game.

I loved half life 2 because it felt like a movie, imho the scripting really works for half life 2 and CoD because that&#39;s what the whole half life and CoD brands are about, it&#39;s supposed to be as much movie as game, and it just really feels like it works. Im shabby on fps games though, so i always go for games i can relax and watch the action in&#33;

BiA doesn&#39;t use the scripting well though, it looks out of place and stupid, but the real real dumbing down bit is because you can&#39;t jump, you can&#39;t go prone or lean round corners, missions are linear but still boring so it sort of falls in the gap between half life 2 and farcry, no freedom but no fun either... The worst bit though .... grrrr.... the way you flank people is to suppress them with fire, but there&#39;s actually a little meter above their heads which shows you how suppressed the enemy is, so it makes the whole thing feel pointless and mechanical, you find enemies, wait untill they&#39;re suppressed, press a button and kill them, for every bit of the game&#33;

Originally posted by Dangerchicken@Apr 23 2005, 02:19 PM

You can shoot some1 if your lucky and they are standing up and trying to shoot you, but if they are under cover? then of coarse you wouldnt be able to shoot them, the only way is to flank...

I&#39;ve recently just gotten back to Call of Duty Multiplayer and I have to say, I don&#39;t have time for any other FPS. I love my CoD too much. :grin It&#39;s weird, though, my skill level seems to have dropped. One night I was owning a bunch of Ruskies with my MP40, then after that until and including now I generally have one of the lowest scores on the server.

Meh.

EDIT: Alright, to say I have no time for another FPS is inaccurate, I intend to get TimeSplitters 3 today ... but other then that ... no more.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

u can shoot almost anybody if u can control your gun (recoil control)
    btw this game disappoints me, germans fighting for their lives? they are taking cover but and thats all, if u flank them u won, they wont change position, wont cover each other, their purpose is to take their position and wait there until the player can kill them..
    you cant interact with the enviroment, too many default covers
    +there are some dumbed parts:gliders
    in the swamp
    tbh its another game about: kill the stupid nazis they are minions of evil and so on...
    but its still better than any other ww2 fps (singleplayer)

Originally posted by h4ns@Apr 23 2005, 03:04 PM
    but its still better than any other ww2 fps (singleplayer)
    I take offense&#33; :angry No, I&#39;m kidding. I&#39;ll be the first to admit that Call of Duty&#39;s SP wasn&#39;t amazing. Still fun, though.

tbh its another game about: kill the stupid nazis they are minions of evil and so on...
    What I want to see is a game where you play a German infantryman in WWII. You wouldn&#39;t have to be the same person; you could take a Call of Duty-esque approach by using different characters, but instead of switching nations (America, Britain, Russia) you&#39;d switch fronts ... France, Russia, North Africa, et cetera.

You could make a very good game. But who is unbiased enough to do it? And even less likely, who would have the guts?

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast