Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Polish version

Icon4 Polish version

Hello folks!!
    I am a Polish translator and I would like to help my countrymen understand the game. Many Poles are good at English in the perfectionist rank but they are so who don't know it. I noticed that the mod was developing in technical direction. It will be possible to reveal his integrity being good at an English or explaining mod to vernaculars. Mod will become then widely available.

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

Default Re: Polish version

//

like KingKong recently mentioned, after the mod is done and
    released, everbody can translate the mod into a language
    of choice on his own. notice that there will not be any further
    language versions created by the actual TATW team.

doing a polish or german or spanish translation would be a
    whole new project, which has to be realized by whole
    new team, because it's really a lot of work that has
    to be done.

but feel free to organize such team. i think you gonna
    find some polish guys somewhere here in twcenter.

//

I'm Polish too, but I don't know english very good ;P
    But I think, when you have time, you can translate all text
    A tak w ogóle to witam rodaka
    Last edited by JohnLenon; March 11, 2009 at 05:15 AM.

I can help translate to polish too. It will be great revision for me

I can help you, too.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

My friend is Polish and he is from Krakow. Maybe I can introduce you to him

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Let KingKong ( or somebody ) send me Lang mod files to my e-mail: lordwiesiek@yahoo.pl

Napisz do King Konga , będzie najszybciej

KingKong napisał że w ciągu kilku dni wyśle mi teksty do tłumaczenia...Hura!!

zajebiście

playing game in english, have 2 advantages.. first.. silly translation didnt made it sound like "crap "second it helps you to learn english.. so yeh..

No to gites ;D

Phunkracy's Avatar Senator

Piszę się na to. Jako przyszły polonista i ktos, kto umie angielski na poziomie dosć dobrym

Quote Originally Posted by Smikis View Post
    playing game in english, have 2 advantages.. first.. silly translation didnt made it sound like "crap "second it helps you to learn english.. so yeh..
    Kudos ! More ale for him!

I, too, agree, despite being Polish myself, that Polish language fails to communicate climate within PC games. There is something about english language that synergizes perfectly with general pathos of the game (such as TW series), or comedy (The Witcher: English ver > Polish ver) or any other game genre to which language has to match graphics and its climate!

So yes, definitely playing english versions, like always : ) I was afraid Empire total war would be only in pol ver but steam (which you all hate for some reason) saved me..

(Polish offtopic: niemniej przyda sie dla ludzi ktorzy sa zbyt leniwi by angielskiego sie nauczyc.)

Ja powiem tak - lepiej żeby było niżeli by nie było Oczywiście, że to nie jest konieczne, nawet ja, średnio znający język angielski spokojnie będę obczajał grę, ale polska wersja, jeśli ktoś ma czas, umiejętności i ochotę może jak najbardziej być

Quote Originally Posted by Kaamos View Post
    Kudos ! More ale for him!

I, too, agree, despite being Polish myself, that Polish language fails to communicate climate within PC games. There is something about english language that synergizes perfectly with general pathos of the game (such as TW series), or comedy (The Witcher: English ver > Polish ver) or any other game genre to which language has to match graphics and its climate!
    That's probaly because most of polish localisations are crap? Also, I think that Witcher suits much more Polish than English, but again, localisation was crap.

So yes, definitely playing english versions, like always : ) I was afraid Empire total war would be only in pol ver but steam (which you all hate for some reason) saved me..
    Same Steam which made my original Half-Life 2 game non-playable (Steam issues made registration impossible, thus preventing me from playing H-L2, I had to buy it on X360 )?! I hate it!!!

I could help translate TA:TW, I know English well and I know the history of the middle-earth.

Polonizacja przeciąga się ponieważ KingKong nie odpisuje na moje wiadomości PW i nie chce wysłać plików Lang.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

First, you really shouldn't divulge your e-mail in a public forum.
    Second, speaking in a language other than English is forbidden in these forums.

I speak four languages and I find English the easiest and most expressive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    First, you really shouldn't divulge your e-mail in a public forum.
    It's a matter of trust, Luis. If you don't trust TWC community, then it's your problem.
    Second, speaking in a language other than English is forbidden in these forums.

I speak four languages and I find English the easiest and most expressive one.
    But maybe some others do not?

Seriously, give it up, mate. Nobody had a problem with that and you don't need to be self-proclaimed moderator where there's no need to be such.
    Look at the title. Then look at other translation threads. I think that speaking native language in such thread is justified.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast