Thread: EB: III / RTR 8?

Default EB: III / RTR 8?

I'm not sure if the teams that brought us those games have announced any plans for the release of a rome stile mod but i would personally love to see one. That has always been my favorite era of warfare and i still think rome total war was the best total war game to date.

With Sea battles, the expanded map and slots for so many factions seems like all the things the community has been trying to do with games like EB for years.

Plus you could scrap the americas, keep india and move over to china. If you made it so i could take a roman empire and keep moving east or relive Alexander but without turning back i would love you forever.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Default Re: EB: III / RTR 8?

Han Dynasty v.s. Roman Empire!

No chance I think . Even if such a mod will be started it takes years to complete.

If someone made a map of china, it could replace the american theater. it could even transfer through the way india and europe do. if your going to do rome era mod why not add china. my wet dream but someones got to share it

Lord Anubis's Avatar Senator

EB II and RTR7 aren't even done yet so probably not any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I want to read Akarīs LOTR synopsis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    A wizard and a bloodshot floating eye attempt to begin an age of industry and progress and to rescue the oppressed minority of the goblins/orcs/trolls from the racist human/elf alliance.

Campidoctor

Too much work has already been done for EB II. Assuming the team wants to even make an EB III (here's hoping they do) why not do it for the next game anyway. If CA is going to continue using a one engine two game model, why not use the second game and what should be a more polished engine each time.

All depends on what CA give us in the area of modding tools. if they're just give out bits of code to do a few things then probably not. If CA SELL / release a group of front end time-savers , like

(1) map editing tool
    (2) mesh / skin editing tool
    (3) Political editing tool
    etc etc

Then probably YES! .. at least for Romulus! (ok, i know i'm dreaming .. they have my money, end story)

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis1 View Post
    EB II and RTR7 aren't even done yet so probably not any time soon.

Lol - you're quite right there matey, we are nowhere near finished with RTR VII yet, so RTR VIII isn't going to happen anytime soon.

We are actually considering the ETW engine for a Rome Total realism mod but, until we are given the modding tools that CA have promised, we are not going to be able to assess its suitablility for conversion to a classical era mod.

I do hope that we find it moddable, as there are a number of new features and abilities in the Empire campign that we would love to implement.