Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Japan VS China. Mini Cold War

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

As the rising tensions between japan and china, what do you guys think would happen if China made a move on Japan, i mean the japanese never apologized for the Rape of Nanking, and even some part of the society never said it never happened. So what if the more aggressive China invaded Japan, personally i think China would steamroll over Japan, The Japanese are probably scared of China right now.

Semisalis

Your kind of right, most of Asia is scared of China at this point.
    But the U.S has at least 50,000 troops stationed in Japan, They've been there since WWII, there practically the backbone of Japan's Defense. So invading Japan would be like declaring war on the U.S and I'm sure none of the countries mentioned wants to go to war with each other anytime soon.
    In ethical theory, I should care. I know that I should care. However, emotionally, to be perfectly honest, I don't give a damn.
    --Darth Wong

NOT THIS AGAIN!! SHEESH!!

Ok look, we Asians arent a bunch of destructive idiots. Both the Japanese people and the people of China have been trying their best to smooth out relations. The only "tension" is between the extremist idiots on both sides (who hate each other simply to hate), and the idiotic governments. You do know that Japan had apologiezed to the Asian countries several decades ago and Koizumi just apologized to Indonesia. China isnt about to attack one of its greatest economical and cultural partner for the sake of a few extremist fools

yea your right, China would not want to mess with the US, but they sure wana get the Japanese..but what if they invade taiwan...= US troops sent to Taiwant= Vietnam all over again..., but that is very unlikely, just a thought.

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

China is becoming to big a player in the global econmy at the moment to risk losing it all by going to war. Perhaps in 10 to 50 years time when they are the centre of a global economy then they might consider retaking Taiwan and having a crack at Japan. At the moment, its the Japanese who are provoking things, with the commencment of oil exploration in disputed waters etc. I dont think the missiles are going to fly anytime soon, but Japan better watch itself because in the decades to come, things might go very bad.
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

For starters, your post is a bit illogical; no offence, but you're assuming people, and national leaders, are warmongering idiots who'll initiate a war without considering its full ramifications. Granted some are / were, but not as many to underestimate a global scale conflict. Taiwan, however, is another story; I can possibly see something happening in the future; but Japan is too troublesome and too many world powers would be involved at this time.

Apologizing? It's already not common. I don't know why Chinese are gettin' their panties in a collective knot about that. The US never apologized for Little Boy and Fat Man; the Turks never apologized to the Armenians; Germany never apologized to Jews. Should the Spanish and Portuguese apologize to Native Americans for introducing diseases to them and defacing and pillaging their cities? I don't think it'll help anyone, let alone be productive.

dont forget about the US army base in japan, i wonder what would they do. (the soldiers in the base that is)

But im not so sure China would steamroll Japan, China has the population, Japan has the money (and a sizable poulation as well)

However, i dont know the state of the Japenese Military after WW2 so it could go either way.

off-topic
    I did see a picture once of the japanese airforce and they were in mini jets that wernt any bigger they were.Im not sure if it was a joke or not but it looked funny.

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg@Apr 23 2005, 12:56 AM
    China is becoming to big a player in the global econmy at the moment to risk losing it all by going to war. Perhaps in 10 to 50 years time when they are the centre of a global economy then they might consider retaking Taiwan and having a crack at Japan. At the moment, its the Japanese who are provoking things, with the commencment of oil exploration in disputed waters etc. I dont think the missiles are going to fly anytime soon, but Japan better watch itself because in the decades to come, things might go very bad.
    You do know that the Senkakus were Japanese territory for the past hundred and fifty or so years and that the CHinese started the whole thing right? Besides, we have already agreed to work on the place together.

Both the Japanese and Chinese people have witness the horrors of war and arent about to repeat their mistake.

This thread is practicly an insult to the intellegence and culture of my and the Chinese people.

Right now is actually the LAST chance for Japan to suppress China... wait any longer, and China will be unstoppable. By the Japanese anyway. So I'm rooting for the people of China, this is our darkest and finest hour, we must persevere and win this, for if we don't, we'll be thrown back to anonymity.

The problem is, certain elements in both governments seem to be in bed with each other.
    Back to play MTW2...

Originally posted by mib@Apr 23 2005, 01:03 AM
    Right now is actually the LAST chance for Japan to suppress China... wait any longer, and China will be unstoppable. By the Japanese anyway. So I'm rooting for the people of China, this is our darkest and finest hour, we must persevere and win this, for if we don't, we'll be thrown back to anonymity.

The problem is, certain elements in both governments seem to be in bed with each other.
    You seem to misunderstand the situation. Japan doesnt seek to triump over CHina. That nonsense ended several decades ago. If the CHinese get rich, the my people can sell our stuff there while the CHinese sell more of their stuff here. Unlike in military power, if the Chinese get richer, so do the Japanese.

damn 7 posts finished before i typed my crappy one

I could be mistaken here but i thought Japan simply denied that Naking ever happened.

Well acutally Japannese military is only a shell of what it was. After the restrictions and after the experience of WW2 Japan is no longer the military powerhouse it once was. All it have is a small defense force so at least something if they get attack even though it not much. In fact, it was just recently that it even have combat troops again due to the "war on terror" and it the first combat troops since WW2. If the Chinese invade Japan it will have a very unruly poplance but don't expect heavy resistance from Japanese military. China have the military and resources, Japan barely have anything they can immediately mobilize.

Originally posted by Maximo@Apr 23 2005, 01:07 AM

I could be mistaken here but i thought Japan simply denied that Naking ever happened.
    They ignore the records about Nanking. However, Japanese prime ministers have apologized about the war. Prime Minister Muryama expressed his apologys about a decade ago and Koizumi apologized to Indonesia yesterday. If in a manner that isnt accepted by China.

ANd all this idiocy of conquering Japan. America have as much reason to conquer France. Do you think that the Chinese people will actually try to annex a country that had been independant for 2 millenia for a war that happened half a century ago?

Originally posted by Maximo@Apr 23 2005, 01:07 AM

yea, they denied it, but then some japanese people, i believe it was like university professors like dug out evidence and started going like nuts, and then the Government amde a public announcement that it was real. That only happened like within the 10 years i believe. Other than that they denied it, and these textbookis, new ones, put all those atrocities into a couple of sentences that follows: (somehwere along the line):
    there were incidents that happened between xxxx -xxxx. and yeah

sry for going off topci btw, just had to mention it.

Originally posted by BassV2+Apr 23 2005, 01:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (BassV2 @ Apr 23 2005, 01:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maximo@Apr 23 2005, 01:07 AM

yea, they denied it, but then some japanese people, i believe it was like university professors like dug out evidence and started going like nuts, and then the Government amde a public announcement that it was real. That only happened like within the 10 years i believe. Other than that they denied it, and these textbookis, new ones, put all those atrocities into a couple of sentences that follows: (somehwere along the line):
    there were incidents that happened between xxxx -xxxx. and yeah

sry for going off topci btw, just had to mention it. [/b][/quote]
    The "new textbooks" are used in ten schools out of thousands. I was taught in the 5th grade about the rape of Nanking, and in the entrance exam to the private middle school I got into, I remember a question on the rape of Nanking.

yea the pride and streghth of the japanese imperial military is gone, no more buishido code and fanatical charges for the emporer, but i think now they are more strategic soldiers.

Originally posted by deathdoom56@Apr 23 2005, 01:16 AM
    The "new textbooks" are used in ten schools out of thousands. I was taught in the 5th grade about the rape of Nanking, and in the entrance exam to the private middle school I got into, I remember a question on the rape of Nanking.
    hey, where did you go to school in 5th grade?

{reduced oversized pyramid quote}

Originally posted by {nF}remix@Apr 23 2005, 01:17 AM
    yea the pride and streghth of the japanese imperial military is gone, no more buishido code and fanatical charges for the emporer, but i think now they are more strategic soldiers.
    There are no soldiers, there are no militaries, and there are no Chinese invasions of a pacifist nation that disbanded its armed forces and havent waged war for 50 years.

Originally posted by deathdoom56+Apr 23 2005, 01:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (deathdoom56 &#064; Apr 23 2005, 01:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maximo@Apr 23 2005, 01:07 AM

They ignore the records about Nanking. However, Japanese prime ministers have apologized about the war. Prime Minister Muryama expressed his apologys about a decade ago and Koizumi apologized to Indonesia yesterday. If in a manner that isnt accepted by China.

ANd all this idiocy of conquering Japan. America have as much reason to conquer France. Do you think that the Chinese people will actually try to annex a country that had been independant for 2 millenia for a war that happened half a century ago? [/b][/quote]
    Was never aware Japan officially apologized. Even so, I still maintain it&#39;s a pointless thing to do. All of this crap reaffirms my opinion. Currently, Chinese are behaving comparably to Americans who boycott(ed) French products over a silly grudge; in other words, they&#39;re acting like children.

Originally posted by BassV2@Apr 23 2005, 01:19 AM
    hey, where did you go to school in 5th grade?
    Saitama, Japan. Then I attended a private middle/highschool in Chiba, Japan.

{reduced oversized pyramid quote}

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast