Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Religions

Default Re: Religions

Quote Originally Posted by James the Red View Post
    so, I was thinking about how religion could be implemented. And I was wondering. What if there were different levels of religions? A 'factional religion' and the various agents would have 'personal religion'. The factional religion being the religion of his faction, which would have religious agents and such. But personal religions wouldn't have that, its just a trait characters can have and not something that is in the religious percentages or anything like that.

If this were to happen, then I guess the religions that have agents and stuff would be...

Mahayana Buddhism
    Theravada Buddhism
    Vajrayana Buddhism
    Daoxue (Neo-Confucianism)
    Tengriism
    Hinduism
    (+ Default/Heretic)

But characters in those factions might have 'personal religions' that differ from the factions, So a Song general would have Daoxue as his factions religion, but could have Islam as his 'personal religion'. A Mongolian general would have Tengriism as his factions religion, but could possibly have 'Nestorian Christianity' as his personal religion.

Having religion be like this would also allow Shintoism into the game, just not as something you convert the map too. Is that a good idea?
    i think Confucianism is not a religion, it's just an ethical and philosophical system. The factions religion of the Song Dynasty is Mahayana Buddhism (look here) or Taoisim.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Religions

I suggest reading the first couple of pages before responding to a thread, they explained it already.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123