Thread: Getting Infantry to Stay and Shoot.

Default Getting Infantry to Stay and Shoot.

I have been having a little bit of an issue with my infantry. Here is the situation. I am defending a siege and the enemy breaks through my fortification. One unit attempts to enter and half of them are in and half are out behind the wall.

When I order my infantry to fire on them they always try and leave my fort and attack the back half of the enemy unit.

How can I get them to stay still and just shoot into the enemy?

Default Re: Getting Infantry to Stay and Shoot.

Don't issue the attack order and let them fire at will.

My problem with fire at will is sometimes they still move and sometimes they take forever to start firing (like when the entire unit is already past the wall). I guess this maybe just a bug.

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Plinpod View Post
    My problem with fire at will is sometimes they still move and sometimes they take forever to start firing (like when the entire unit is already past the wall). I guess this maybe just a bug.
    Put them in defensive mode. They will stand their ground and fire from whatever ground that is.

The fort walls appear to be hard to manage. Guard mode will ensure they stay in place, as previously mentioned, don't select targets or they will follow the center mass of the enemy group as they wander around the wall.

Could be improved.

The thing that bugs me is that the entire line needs to be fully reloaded before the volley and sometimes that just sucks if its one guy and you have some mob charging you.