Thread: Clean Install- patched to 1.2 but cant do battles due to crashing.

Icon4 Clean Install- patched to 1.2 but cant do battles due to crashing.

Like to take a moment to thank everyone who contributed to this site/mods and generally found answers to every problem i have encountered whilst playing the total war series. Have a morgage and no money for games so you champions who create these mods practically give me a new game each time.

Now brown nosing aside-

1. I have me2tw 1.0 the GC cheepie. I have patched it to 1.2
    2. I have tried it unpacked.
    3. I have then followed the instructions to install the westeros beta and the 5.1.
    4. I have run the game perfectly until i try to battle.
    5. It loads show's me a frustrating glimpse of the units a quick cheer from my army then crashes. Unspecified error shutting down ect.
    6. I have tried it unpacked but cant find the Geography files specified the the unpacker readme.
    7. Even without deleting these it still runs until the battles.

If anyone can help me on this you would truly be a hero in my book's. im up to my 18th re-install and am close to giving up.

Finally without even playing the battles i love the westeros mod. Cant comprahend the level of commitment, time and skill that goes into something like this and to choose one of my favourite books, awesome. Thankyou

Default Re: Clean Install- patched to 1.2 but cant do battles due to crashing.

Hi!

I strongly believe your problem resides with the mentioned files from the unpacked version.

Open the folder where the files are and order them by name. This will help you finding them.

Deleting these two files was the solution for me. Aditionaly and probably very important also, you should note that on my first attempt, deleting the files by itself did not solve the problem.

I had to uninstall the game and expansions, then I cleaned from the registry any traces left of the game (and believe me, there are plenty left). Only then did I make a clean install and deleted the two files. This was the successfull aproach for me. No more CTD since then.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

wonder if that helped...

It worked 100% for me.

I have not had a single CTD before a battle since I did this. Only the thread creator can tell us if it solved his/her problem or not.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I had to uninstall the game and expansions, then I cleaned from the registry any traces left of the game (and believe me, there are plenty left). Only then did I make a clean install and deleted the two files. This was the successfull aproach for me. No more CTD since then.
    That looks more like a faulty installation. The only thing that you have to do after unpacking is deleting the geography files in the data folder.
    If it crashes only in siege battles then the developer has forgotten to add the necessary files to his mod. (see my 'Bare Kingdoms" mod). But then 1.2 isn't Kingdoms to start with.

Sorry for the late reply. Worked a treat.