Thread: You can change the unit?

Icon5 You can change the unit?

I was wondering if you could change the unit, as in medieval or Rome, or change other parameters, such as cost or the moral of each unit.
    I know that you can change the maximum number, I had a battle where each unit had 800 men, it was fun, but I like to change or other things that I do not go well.
    Where do I find the file?
    Another thing:
    anyone know tell me how do I find my game folder?
    in programs there is a hidden file?
    someone knows me the way?
    thanks
    Last edited by joeroma; March 10, 2009 at 03:16 AM.

Default Re: You can change the unit?

You can change units, in theory, but at the moment, it's very difficult, and involves doing things that I wouldn't recommend a modder tries unless they know what they're doing. I certainly don't, which is why I will never try hex-editing. Ever.

It involves hexediting (directly editing the binary code) of the files (each in their own folder) in the db sub folder. (in main.pack)

All of the stat files are in main.pack, inside that, there are loads of folders, including one called db, inside that, are several folders, inside each of those, is a tables file, and those are what you edit.

The best solution here is to wait for CA to give us the tools to decompile and convert those files to editable txt or xml files, then recompile them when we're done editing. That's the only way we're going to be able to properly change unit stats or add new unit stats without worrying about the game crashing because of overlooked mistakes. Since, apparently, when you hexedit one of these files, IT MUST remain the same size, so if you take something out, you must add something somewhere else.

CA said they WOULD give us the tools, and it's not in their best interest to lie to us.

Your default install directory for Empire is:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war
    Last edited by Captian Barbossa; March 10, 2009 at 03:47 PM.
    My named ships in Empire Total War: (that i can remember)

Fifth Rate, HMS Poseidon.

Fifth Rate, HMS Dauntless.

Fifth Rate, HMS Enterprise NCC-1701

Fifth Rate, HMS Simi.

------
    "Ya best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're IN one!"