Thread: Save bug solution? should it be so easy?

Icon3 Save bug solution? should it be so easy?

Hi!
    i experienced a very interesting thing. My first campaign with austria has been destroyed after 33 rounds because of crushed save games. I had about 7 save games and saved several times with the quick save. The CTD-Mania started in round 22.

so i started a new campaign with GB. Now i´m in round 46 and i have 1 save game! NO CTD´s at all!

So my thesis: ETW has probs with multiple save games...

Solution: Only have 1 save?

My Question: i have no proof for this thesis, so please post your experiences!
    "Für Gott, Kaiser und Vaterland!"

Default Re: Save bug solution? should it be so easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Freiherr von Kienmayer View Post
    Hi!
    i experienced a very interesting thing. My first campaign with austria has been destroyed after 33 rounds because of crushed save games. I had about 7 save games and saved several times with the quick save. The CTD-Mania started in round 22.

so i started a new campaign with GB. Now i´m in round 46 and i have 1 save game! NO CTD´s at all!

So my thesis: ETW has probs with multiple save games...

Solution: Only have 1 save?

My Question: i have no proof for this thesis, so please post your experiences!
    I will back this theory up as have only had one save game so far since buying and playing the game, have had no problems so far:hmmm:
    There is no such thing as Failure,
    You either succeed or you learn!

I have another 2 (I think) save games and the one of Prussia that I am using is at 1720, which beats out the British 1706, which constantly crashed. My thought on this would be the first game always screws up, but the second is fixed. I still have a lot more turns to go, so I might be wrong.

Welfur's Avatar Libertus

I have always multiple save games and never encountered that bug. At least not since I don't use my agents to steal technology. That's one sure way to corrupt your save files to steal technology.
    Lord of Scotland and uisge beatha Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Welfur View Post
    I have always multiple save games and never encountered that bug. At least not since I don't use my agents to steal technology. That's one sure way to corrupt your save files to steal technology.
    I steal technology and have no experienced any corrupt saves. Whoever spread that "idea" is a liar.

Ightenhill's Avatar Senator

in my first R2I pt 4 attempt I saved every move.. Still no CTD though.. and still lost LOL

E8400 on Asus P5N32-E overclocked to 4.00ghz with arctic cooling
    POV GTX 285 XP (SP3) Crucial Ballistix 2gb DDR2 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Taiko88 View Post
    I steal technology and have no experienced any corrupt saves. Whoever spread that "idea" is a liar.
    well i had that problem with 3 campaigns now, and 2 out of the 3 it might have something to do with agents as well as not. in my actual campaign (i wonder how i could arse myself to ANOTHER ONE) im well into the '50ies and i saved every other year, so i had like 1,5 GB of savegames for that campaign alone, and until now, it hasn't died on me. in this one, the only thing i've done with my gentlemen was research in my own schools.

so it both may or may not be true
    Bad Feeling Like Horse Cannon

ssmarine's Avatar Biarchus

the stealing tech rumor is bogus. i think u might be on to something with the 1 saved game theory though.

Quote Originally Posted by Welfur View Post
    in my austrian campaign i haven´t stole any tech but experienced many CTD´s!
    "Für Gott, Kaiser und Vaterland!"

i had no crash for about 38 hrs then they started comming, i was always saving new save games... it just started...

XiombargDei's Avatar Civis

right now i think i have a 100th saved games with multiple factions and I never got a problem

notger's Avatar Decanus

I have multiple save-games and multiple campaigns and the save-game crash only occurred in my second or third campaign.

-> Thesis proven to be wrong, end of story.

I've got about thirty savegames n my current campaign, and the only crash I've had thus far has been because my laptop overheated.
    I agree, with notger, theory refuted.

Laetus

I have heard that Austria is the least bugged faction, with the leasat amount of "possible" CTD's. Also I've heard that saving your game with 6-10 letters is your best choise and without any spaces. But I can't back up any of these. All I can say is that I've had no CTD with austria so far, I have more than 1 save for it. But then there is all the instability issues so I crash every now and then still ^^

GTFO. Jamie's Avatar Decanus

all my saved games were lost, i cant start any of them without a CTD.

I have completely reinstalled the game, and my saved games are still there! Does anybody know where they are so i can delete them?

Naked Emperor's Avatar Centenarius

Well I started up my british campaign which is at turn 37 post patch and I still have the same CTDs. Whenever I take Calcutta the game crashes and I have this stuck general, if I move him the game crashes.

I'm gonna try to start a new game and hope for the best
    No battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy
    - Field Marshall Helmuth Carl Bernard von Moltke -