Thread: What is the research that you will do from a fresh start of a campaign?

Default What is the research that you will do from a fresh start of a campaign?

I'm still quite a novice in this game and would appreciate some advise.

Was planning to use this as a guideline as there are too many to research but time dont permits. lol

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: What is the research that you will do from a fresh start of a campaign?

Honestly, it depends on what Nation I'm playing. If you can tell me what Nation you are playing that would help. But untill then I'll list some of the ones I play.

If I'm Great Britain I go right for anything naval related. Usually I don't listen to ingame tips and tutorials as they are usually wrong, but they are 100% on the money for GB, beef up your navy in every way.

For Nations that lack the extra military punch like United Provinces, Go for stuff like canister shot or plug bayonet. It comes in handy to have bayonets when facing an enemy with stronger melee units.

Maratha Confederation is a freaking ball to play. They have good melee units as shock troops, and thier line troops aren't half bad. I usually research education stuff, or whatever the last tab is called for MC.

For Russia, go for farm based upgrades at the start, your money will start piling up if you go that route. Or you can upgrade your military more. I would ignore navy stuff for them at first though.

So as you can see it's honestly up to the player. Heres what I would suggest, take a look at your starting position. Keep an eye on diplomatic relations and try to forge a good alliance with someone of the same religion, so you can trade technologys with them(It helps).

Also, Play on Hard Campaign/Medium Battle difficultys. It makes for the most balanced play IMO. If you're on Very hard campaign the AI won't accept things like Technology trades even if it's good for both partys. Battle difficulty is best on medium because the AI doesn't get any smarter at high difficultys, they just get stat bonuses.

Most people will disagree with the difficulty changes, I know they are off-topic but they make for a better gaming experiance.