Thread: Siege lifted after defeating a lift attempt

Default Siege lifted after defeating a lift attempt

Is it only me? What am I doing wrong? I siege a a city till the end, in the last year the defenders try the all-or-nothing attempt to lift. I defeat them and my siege is lifted/restarts counter nonetheless. Cant remember exactly if year-counting restarts of if ther siege is lifted; but I definately cant conquer a place simply by waiting during siege.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Siege lifted after defeating a lift attempt

Happened to me before too,but they were so weak at that point I just killed them the next turn in an assault.

I've seen it as well.

Could be an annoying exploitable bug...AI starts sieging one of your cities with an overwhelming force. You wait until the second last turn, sally forth and engage but turn tail before they even get close and flee back into the city and reset the siege counter. Wonder if it works?

If the force is really that overwhelming, I don't think he will sit there and wait for you to starve to death. This isn't Medieval where you had to bash down walls to get anywhere. This is Empire, where I will gleefully cannon an entire town into rubble to kill 3 enemy soldiers.

This happens to me constantly. Since I am new to the game I figured it was the way it was supposed to be. So now every turn I make sure the siege is still in effect. I have yet to have a town surrender, but assaulting clears up the misunderstanding between the generals

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

I reckon this is a bug. Once I killed all the salliers, yet I didnt conquer the settlement.

notger's Avatar Decanus

Seems like a bug to me, too, though it never happens when I command the battle, only when I auto-calc the battle.

It's terrible, though it's good to see that Im not the only one with the prob.! This will probably be fixed on the first patch..

for now, yea, better carry a hell load of guns and just level the city