Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Modders going to actually balance Natives?

Default Any Modders going to actually balance Natives?

The bowmen are silly op.

They fire 3x as fast as muskets and get kills more often per volley.

Only way ive found effective to kill them is to charge them and not try to range them.

VH/VH.

Default Re: Any Modders going to actually balance Natives?

Oh, the natives die easy.

They just run at you like a bunch of savages.

Actually they are a pain...they fire from freaking far away, great aim, great ammo, and they hit alot of time. When you try to charge them they run really fast , and it makes it hard to engage in melee, unless you sandwich them. But still, i dont know if they are OP, or its just me that is doing it wrong lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Hickz View Post
    The bowmen are silly op.

They fire 3x as fast as muskets and get kills more often per volley.

Only way ive found effective to kill them is to charge them and not try to range them.

VH/VH.

On VH battle setting , AI gets huge bonuses (i am assuming like +7 all stats) so even it they were spitting at you , your soldiers would be dying like a flies.

I always wondered how an army of M2TW longbowmen would fare against line infantry

Totally true!

I hold the same feelings, m8. I really feel so dumb now... Im playing with the brits and having a hard time in America against those natives. European arms superiority only shows with the use of more advanced units, and I'm still guessing there. Regular Line Infantry (militia even less), with fixed demi-culverins and some cavalry will often have a hard time against a native army, with the same unit counting (not total numbers, exactly) and with mixed forces (archers, infants and cav.).

However, my biggest complaint is the soun. I can't hear: the galloping of horses, musket firings, and maybe meele sounds are also too timid.

Quote Originally Posted by mlp071 View Post
    On VH battle setting , AI gets huge bonuses (i am assuming like +7 all stats) so even it they were spitting at you , your soldiers would be dying like a flies.
    So really we should be playing on Normal/Normal and hopefully mod the game to be more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by coman View Post
    So really we should be playing on Normal/Normal and hopefully mod the game to be more difficult.

Battle bonuses appear to be similar like in RTW , not M2TW. In RTW there were bunuses to stats ,+4 for H and +7 for VH. In M2TW bonuses worked different way.

You can expect that AI Militia trash your Elite unit , if you are playing on VH. Some people do use it as way to compensate for totally missing AI in GC.

As for GC difficulty, Normal would mean rather meak AI with no bonuses, while H and VH will probably give them money bonuses per turn a, probably faster research speed and more aggressiveness (AI would be probably totaly irrational on VH though) .

I would say, if you want at least some challenge to play H campaign and M Battle (or H batlles if you don't mind losing to some lower units).Don't expect for AI to get smarter on H or VH , becausei don't think that there is any AI in game right now anyways.
    Last edited by Tariq; March 09, 2009 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mlp071 View Post

WHAT??????????? You are kidding me!!

Is this true?? The difficulty settings change the effectiveness of units, rather than making them "smarter"?? In other words, my Line Infantry will be quite inferior to the AI Line Infantry on VH Batte Difficulty??

=\

Quote Originally Posted by JZG_Pedro View Post
    WHAT??????????? You are kidding me!!

Is this true?? The difficulty settings change the effectiveness of units, rather than making them "smarter"?? In other words, my Line Infantry will be quite inferior to the AI Line Infantry on VH Batte Difficulty??

=\
    Yep, your infantry against AI same infantry , you are inferior.For how much i cannot say.Try some battles to test it , if you don't believe.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Moved to modding general discussion.

Can't say I've noticed that, my men frequently pair off against their counterpart units in battles and come out tops.

Quote Originally Posted by lssjmic View Post
    Can't say I've noticed that, my men frequently pair off against their counterpart units in battles and come out tops.

And i play battles on H, while still winning. Didn't say you can't win , just that AI gets bonuses that are looking similar to RTW ones , not M2TW ones.Without any competitive AI to speak of , that is only thing that is helping them.

At least they kill some of your troops instead of you destroying them with almost no casualties.

your first mistake is playing on VH for balance.

H & VH give the AI unfair bonuses in combat so you can't really test gameplay like that.

Quote Originally Posted by keith moons liver View Post
    I always wondered how an army of M2TW longbowmen would fare against line infantry
    Real longbowmen would absolutely devastate line infantry. Much higher rate of fire, much longer range. The only reason they weren't used was because it took so long to for a man to get good with one. They didn't have the numbers they had in the 15th century

Senator

I hope so, I hate when they charge you out of no where.

For one, I'd make sure in any modding releases that all the Natives, and many of the more irregular fighting forces (Ottomans, the irregulars of the Indians) fight in that loose order light infantry doctrine formation. Seems silly for them to be in organized formations.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

I can't believe people want the natives to be even weaker is the game really that hard? Just run them down with cav or bayonets if they are killing you.

The natives were not weak. Europeans desperately needed them to survive. Without clever politics, the real key to success, the European powers would not have been able to even hold their main bases/regions of operation in the New World and the Indies. They allied themselves with local tribes and powerful warlords to accomplish their objectives, without their support the Europeans were doomed.

Angel's Avatar Angeal

Ive worked on the natives. They have the numbers and ability to ambush than the European troops. In my campaigns and battles, the natives aren't as "OP" as some people say. Ive tone them down to respectively and realistically.
    Im making small changes but they are indeed showing great improvement.

I love this new patch.
    Under the patronage of Hader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast