Thread: Information Update

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Information Update

As I am sure many of you are aware, my son was born on January 20. After which time, I have found it to be quite a challenge to squeeze modding into my schedule. However, I have got the bug again, and I have been spending some hours working on a few things for this mod.

That said, I am planning a major overhaul of this game. I am not so sure how that will pan out on the board, since this mod has gone through many changes since its inception and the forum info can be confusing. So, in the coming days, I plan to try to clean this forum up a bit and removed old and outdated information. At the same time, I plan to start up a new thread for the mod which details the changes it will undergo.

Some things to expect:

-Campaign dates moved to 1100 (or thereabouts) to 1400 (roughly)

The Present mod seems to be a bit too bulky for me. 900 turns is quite a bit to handle, which makes it difficult to test, much less play. I feel that this time frame will offer a bit more focus with a more realistic 600 turns.

-Faction lineup changed (slightly) to reflect the dates
    For example...Kingdom of Jerusalem, (playable) Portugal, etc.

-Overhaul of unit rosters for all/most factions...especially minor factions
    I have found that the rosters of the vanilla factions can be far too similar to each other. I tried to remedy this by adding some new units and replacing others, but I still have a problem. This is particularly bothersome when dealing with factions such as Scotland (portrayed as savage painted barbarians) and Denmark (portrayed as Vikings). Both of these factions will have a major overhaul in an attempt to more accurately represent their military structures.

-Removal of New World to put focus on European campaign
    I have tossed this one back and forth for a very long time. I think the benefit of having an extra faction slot and 6 more regions will be worth it. This way, the campaign will be able to focus more in-depth on Medieval Europe.

As always, if anyone is looking to lend a hand, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Speaking of New Units, here is the first look at a Dismounted Danish Knight (basically the Danish equivalent of a Feudal Knight) and his upgrade:

Watch this thread for more information.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; March 09, 2009 at 03:56 PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: Information Update

great job keep up the awesome work

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Great, I totally agree with the removal of America.

I would like to help you but I'm overbooked, the only thing I have the time to help is to add settlements but it's not a good help

Quote Originally Posted by sinople View Post
    Great, I totally agree with the removal of America.

I would like to help you but I'm overbooked, the only thing I have the time to help is to add settlements but it's not a good help
    It's certainly not a bad help. I might even need a hand removing the New World...if you are up to it. I'll send a PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

congrats on your son

good work on those knights, keep up the good work.

"Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?"Pope Julius III
    Want to add your own mercenaries? Read my Tutorial

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

Great idea !

I'm waiting for the next release.

IndianaJoe's Avatar Miles

Lord Condormanus, nice work, guess what, I made that exact same unit. (aren't those men at arms books great?)

aarronpeake's Avatar Civis

Could not be more pleased with this update LC! All sounds great can't wait for this mod even more !

Hi,
    where i can get a download link which works?

Tiglat

good morning,

Where I can download the first version of the mod??
    the links are broken
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    good morning,

Where I can download the first version of the mod??
    the links are broken
    thanks
    Try this (dawnofkingdoms.zip - 534.7 Mb)for now, but I can't offer much support at the moment.

By the time the mod is finished (whenever that may be), it will be quite a bit different from what it is now.

-John G. Hartung

I know L.C, but I like some textures from you, for my personal mod.
    Hope you finish your mod!
    Thanks for the link

No problem.

-John G. Hartung

Torak's Avatar Libertus

sounds good so far looking forward to a completed version
    btw have you implemented a new AI into this mod yet?

I haven't, but I'm leaning in that direction once I have everything else ironed out. Once again, I am picking away at this very slowly.

-John G. Hartung