Thread: Rakes, priests and gentlemen

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Default Rakes, priests and gentlemen

As United Provinces, I have conquered Flanders, Paris, Madrid and Lisabon. So I own pretty much all of west-Europe.

1) Spain is sending a lot of catholic priests to my Paris region. How can you get rid of them? Rakes are soooo ineffective (only having like 5, 10 or 15% of succes). And your gentlemen cant touch em either. And armies cant scare em away. Other priests cant do nothing either. So how do you guys deal with this?

2) Spain is also moving lots of gentlemen around my college city of Utrecht (regio Amsterdam). I tried some duels but usually end up losing (45% of succes). I guess Dutch nobleman are not good in duels. And my rakes cant kill em either. How to deal with them?

As for now, I think Rakes are totally useless!! Its hard to upgrade them in any way....or maybe I havent found a good way. Some help would be appreciated!

Valbruch's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Rakes, priests and gentlemen

Well my Swedish rakes are pretty decent assassins. I have one right know that already ''solved'' about 6 or 8 problems.
    We are the Brunnen-G,
    we're waiting to die.
    We celebrate the death
    that will fall from the sky.

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

How did you upgrade him so that he becomes so good then?

I really want to get rid of those annoying priests at paris!

Valbruch's Avatar Ordinarius

I used him for some time in Courland to sabotage and spy ememy. He gained +2 to subterfuge there. After that, I sent him to Sweden where 2 Russian Gentlemen tried to steal my techs so I removed them. And when I took Coppnehagen, the Danes have left 4 Genlemen in their university there. They were 4 more marks for my rake.

I don't know what makes him so good, probably luck. I get most chances between 25 and 50.
    We are the Brunnen-G,
    we're waiting to die.
    We celebrate the death
    that will fall from the sky.