Thread: ? how the hell do I edit this

Default ? how the hell do I edit this

Hi guys was just wondering if anyone knows were the starting money and turn count is. As I have always like to play the total war game on the hardest setting and have always given more turns to take the map and more starting credits for all factions. I just cant seem to find the campain start files tho or turn files. CA said this would be user freindly lol what a joke I dont even know were to start with these files.

I have always like to be able to take the hole map with plenty of turns to do it in. ETW only gives u 200 turns to do it in, its not enouth. I like the game in genral but come on CA whats with the none users freindly files.

I am so disapointed by this I mite even take the game back as its to sort 200 turns I can do that in 12 hours of play I should know I already did lol.
    Plus the AI seems to have alot more income than the player can get. Dont get me worng I like a Hard AI but when it can fund 3 full armys from 1 city thats abit of a joke in my eyes.

So come on I need to get editing the files to make the game more fun for me.

Default Re: ? how the hell do I edit this

Think we need the tools to open the files first, then we can edit 'em.

Think we need the tools to open the files first, then we can edit 'em.
    I dont understand way they had to make it harder for us to change files. RTW and MTW2 were so easy to make changes too and ETW is not but yet they said it would be just as easy to mod. I have the SF edition so its not like in trying to unlock somthing I dont have actcess to already I just want to give more turns and a better income for all factions instead of the AI cheating and making a daff amount of money from 1 city. I feel let down by CA as they seem to care more about making money now than the players enjoyment of the game they were not like this before. If anything the fact they are using steam and made the game harder to mod is going to make them lose money. As players are being put off because of steam and the lack of being easy to mod.

The end year is part of the victory conditions, specified in the startpos.esf file. Take a look at the image in the second post of this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234722

great Hex editing I hate hex editing hoping TW games would never use it