Thread: [ETW AAR] Poland-Lithuania

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

Default [ETW AAR] Poland-Lithuania

ETW AAR
    Poland Lithuania

This is my first AAR. Thought that giving this a try would be a good idea, to enhance the joy I get from the game and give some AAR hungry forum lurkers something to eat.
    I won't give any fancy introductions, it starts....right now, on VH/VH.

The cabinet is currently a bunch of corrupted scums. Actions need to be taken immediately. Instant elections are held and the results are in:

The opposition seems a lot more competent. The King is pleased.

Only few days after the election, Sweden, the scandinavian might, declared war on Denmark. Not wanting to risk it all and go join a war the nation can't afford, the alliance between our nation and Denmark is broken. Russia, however, takes this as an opportunity to try and expand to Scandinavia.

After realizing that we didn't join the war, Sweden approached the ambassador with a trade agreement deal. We accepted the deal even though it helps the swedes in the war against our good friends. We need all the income we can get. King's strategy is to lay low for a while and make research breakthroughs in industrial technologies in order to improve agriculture.

Our protectorate! They shall pay for this nonsense! The allies are called to aid in extermination of this pesky little nation of Courland. The king however doesn't except any aid in the near future. Saxony is small and has to protect its province and Russia is busy with Sweden and the Ottomans.

But...things get a little more interesting.

Prussia, the army which posesses a state, also declared war on us!

The king tried to remain calm in front of his subjects when heard these news. Courland is known to be an aggressive and annoying on its own. Add Prussia to the mix and only god knows what might happen to Poland-Lithuania.

Our allies again joined but the King takes it as a formality. Russia's motives lies in the huge trade income it gets from us:

It's time to train more and more troops to keep the enemies out of our lands. "I would advice to raise the taxes to support the army" said the Army Chief and the king concurs.

Austria approached us with a proposal:

On paper it sounds like a benefical deal for us. However, Galicia & Podolia is wealthier and doesn't get isolated like Transylvania would. The King rejects the deal.

The Battle for West Prussia

Prussia invades!

Army consisting of Militia and armed citizenry versus the well-trained Prussian Line Infantry Regiments. Let's just say that the odds are NOT in our favour.

How did the battle go? Click the Spoiler button!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The soldiers are feeling confident behind the cover, not realizing how trained and overall more skilled the Prussian professional army is. The General wants to keep it that way.

Without these covers it would've already been over. Our men are already starting to get nervous. Casualties are getting high, fortunately for the Prussians too.

The first line is broken. Now what is left is the courage of the General and the armed citizens in the 2nd line.

Prussians march to the inevitable triumph.

This...is the 2nd line. The other two Citizen squads took good care of the flanks when Prussian cavarly tried to flank our lines. The remains of the army fell quick but the general, he had a statement though:

His name would be rememberd, if I actually knew his name.
    The pikemen also didn't die in wane. The Prussians won't be happy eating their Wurst tonight!

Prussia managed to unite their kingdom. For now!

More bad news! Courland managed to take Lithuania from us! Our main army was late to reinforce...King is not pleased.

With the remains of Courland's army in Lithuania, our 1st (the only one at the moment, to be excact) army quickly recaptured Lithuania.

Austria proposed the same deal as in year 1702. With Galicia & Podolia getting wealthier and wealthier, this deal is now out of the question.

Not much happened in year 1703. Prussia reinforced East Prussian defences, now seemingly impossible for my army of 70% militia / 30% cavarly and line infantry to conquer.

After investing in farm industry technology. It's a great time to invest in military technologies to improve our armies. Plug Bayonets got researched and Square formation was traded from Russia, they got Improved Animal Husbandry in exchange for it.

Courland does it again! This small nation really is getting on my nerves!

The battle for Lithuania

The odds are in our favor. The king is expecting results.

Reinforcements make haste to reach the town before it's too late. It takes more time with the line infantry unfortunately.

Who's mastermind idea was to build a ramp for the rival cavarly to jump over our pikemen? Ok jokes aside, the cavarly did get a beating on this one.

Our line infantry got flanked by the Courland's army before reaching the town. But with our cavarly charging to their flanks, the battle was over in no time.

Take that Courland! If only you would accept peace so I can get serious with Prussia! I guess exterminating the nation is the best option since Courland has yet to research the "Common Sense" tech.

That was the first 4 years. Feel free to give comments .
    Last edited by Arksa; March 09, 2009 at 05:48 PM.

Default Re: [ETW AAR] Poland-Lithuania -

Nice AAR. Your screen shots are lovely. Poor Courland seems to get taken over right away in every game. Good luck. I'll be reading future posts.

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Arksa View Post
    I guess exterminating the nation is the best option since Courland has yet to research the "Common Sense" tech.

lol! good start!
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Default Re: [ETW AAR] Poland-Lithuania

Elections were held and the cabinet kept control of the government. King was happy to hear about the news since the cabinet as it stands is very professional.

The taxes are high but what's left after army upkeep is not much to have fun with. We don't actually have an organized field army that could take on every enemy out there and still the economy's nearly killing our nation.

Now, about that issue with Courland:

It's payback time with a high rate of interest boys!!!

The Battle of getting rid of the damn bees

Our troops march confidently towards the city well aware that the opposing force mostly consists of armed citizens.
    ****Notice that I actually changed the army compositions before launching the assault, the 2nd army consists of 80% cavarly now***

Cavarly distracts and lessens the Courlander forces outside the town, giving our main army the time and ease to assault the occupied buildings.

Courland brings in reinforcements against our 2nd army. The plan is working.

Our soldiers make haste. Now let's flush out those cowards from the buildings!

The 2nd army did its job.

General Pawel and his men after a hard day's work. Courland is ours!

About time!

Bad news! This was the risk I was aware of but didn't really expect them to go so quickly! The invasion of our Capitol!

And no...there's no battle report. It was ugly that's all I could say...our nation is now nothing than a bunch of scattered armies and undeveloped towns! We have to leave Courland Immediately and recapture to take what's rightfully ours!

This is a very important battle. If we lose, Poland-Lithuania is no more. No region in our nation can currently train an army in a reasonable time so if we lose we're left with pretty much nothing. But I have faith, I have a good General and they've got Herrmann with his puberty and all.

Sacrifices had to be made. Courland is left completely undefended. So Prussia, enjoy the city

The Battle for the Capitol

It's important that we found these walls to take cover in.

Our line infantry unit starts moving to the rear of the enemy.

With a mix of flanking generals, command stars, cover and national bride, the victory is ours!

The decisive battle went in our favor. The Prussian army scattered and with not much support from the citizens of Warsaw, it should be pretty easy to take our Capitol back.

Who are these people? Are these citizens for real? Either you get killed or executed for treason later the King doesn't actually care....

With Warsaw taken back. We can finally start producing troops at faster pace. Prussia is still strong and our nation must keep an eye on any armies marching near the border.

Russia took Moldova from the Ottoman Empire. That means we don't have a border with the eastern invaders anymore. Also it seems our ally looks to be somewhat capable of taking care of things.
    Last edited by Arksa; March 09, 2009 at 06:42 PM.

Jwb187's Avatar Semisalis

nice so far

doing prettty good i remember when i first started i took over all of ottomons empire or at least all the way to istanbul sigh sadly as awesome as my game is now i have to restart STUPID CA 1 month delay and it has ALL these bugs they said they were gonna fix bugs WTF man i am at 1744 and i cant go any more turn the empire game jsut CTDS sigh stupid CA no cheats nothing wow really great game but CA has so many screw ups on this people said M2 was buggy not really but THIS this i expected better CA sigh oh well great game still....F*&(

Investing in military techs in this time of constant war and battles is a good idea. Our soldiers can now shoot with their bayonets attached.

The Prussians are coming over and over again! Getting peace with them is very hard. It's hard to develop our nation properly with these stacks running rampant in our land.

Lithuania falls

The Prussians are outnumbering us clearly. It's just a matter of how much casualties our soldiers can inflict. The more the better chances are we can take Lithuania back.

Our general is ready to flank the enemy positions...

and causes a lot of damage...

but death is inevitable. God rest his soul and those who lost their lives today.

These battles are poison for our economy. We can't really upgrade our town workshops and farms. All is spent on infantry training and upkeep basically.

The King sent this army to retake Lithuania. Warsaw now has a better defence in the form of 4000 costing settlement walls. Our Capitol is now easier to defend.

Lithuania retaken

Our troops make their way to the center of the town.

Prussian Line Infantry stationed in the townhall caused massive casualties both outside and inside the townhall.

The battle is going well outside the town. Same cannot be said about the fight in the center (see the unit icons). This is a disaster of sorts. We managed to finally rout the townhall defenders. Only one unit of Prussians remaining.

They killed our General...poor guy.

Massive casualties were suffered during that battle. It's only a matter of time when Prussia sends another army and re-re-retakes it (the scribe has lost count).
    It was only 6 months later in winter when they took it again...I'll take peace anytime.

Prussia also sent a stack to Warsaw. Clearly outnumbering us, our brave soldiers managed to keep the Capitol thanks to the walls preventing their cavarly marching in. If the battle was held in the fields it would've been a massacre.

How will Poland-Lithuania survive this? Constant fighting and taking back the cities and losing them next year is tough for the economy. Repairing buildings and train troops and fight, that's what we do. The next step for the king is to make sure the High Chief of the Polish army is up to the task. A new invention called Spinning Jenny is now in production and soon our weavers start producing more that precious money to support our armies.

Just wanted to inform that I didn't actually give up on writing this AAR, I lost!

I saw 2 and a half big stacks coming for my Warsaw, 1 of my 2 regions and I didn't have the capacity to defeat them. Prussia conquered Saxony and Russia actually conquered Lithuania and the province east from it, from the Prussians. Those regions were quite meaningless for Prussia unlike the city in Saxony lands.

It was fun while it lasted. The AI wasn't passive, at least not against the human player, as some people have complained.

I think I'm gonna start an AAR with Sweden around the time when the 2nd patch rolls in. Feel free to give suggestions on how to make the AAR or what goals I could have while playing with the country. I'm all ears. PM or something. I think I might do a little less detailed once, or if the battles are as frequent as in this AAR, I might do less battle reports or with a little less pictures.

Here's some pictures for you to enjoy from Poland-Lithuania Campaign:

Last edited by Arksa; March 14, 2009 at 05:13 PM.

Wait, did they fix the cover system?