Thread: Ireland, V for Victory, and above all, many thanks

Default Ireland, V for Victory, and above all, many thanks

Dear VI2 team,
    I am finishing an Irish campaign, having won at around 990, and now in 1031, targetting to get back all Celtic lands (only Tintagel still not in) before the end of times, which my magician and primary minister foresees to take place at the end of 1035...
    To get Tintagel back, I have sent a chevauchee of Horsemen with one of my sons, a Prince of royal blood, to seige Tintagel. I hope they will make in in time!
    I just want to thank you very much for a really enjoying game, so much enjoying that I can't stop before 1036!
    Yours sincerely,
    FFJean

Default Re: Ireland, V for Victory, and above all, many thanks

Good job there. We demand screenshots!!

Dear Aradan,
    Don't expect to much from me please ;-) Not only my English has French roots (is "French-rotten" ? ;-)) but I am THE most IT-challenged person alive... So how could I take screenshots? Not that I don't want to, believe me, but how could I do it?
    And just for the sake of completeness, I must confess I played Ireland N/N. But it was quite a challenge, first to unite Ireland against the Vikes, then to invade back good ole Celtic lands on the big Island (how did they call England+Scotland+Wales?). This second step forced me to move my capital from Ireland to England, with very strong and adverse effects on my Irish settlements, dissatisfaction bringing me almost back to red money-wise as I had to move all my income to low... But again, what a fun!
    I have not yet abandoned the idea of playing again as Wales, bringing the old Romano-Celtic culture to the forefront, and using swarms of Cav to do so...
    Again, thank you very much,
    FFJean

Sounds like a fun camapign, well done.

To get pics:

Either press print-screen, alt+tab to desktop, open an MS Paint image, press ctrl+v (paste) and save. 1 pic at a time.
    or
    Download fraps, install, start it up, start the game and press f10 every time you wanna take a pic.

Dear Aradan,
    It is fun indeed! And there have been some hair-raising battles, especially in the beginning in Ireland against Vikes, and then when I landed in England against Saxons with pure infantry armies, and finally in the top-eastern island North of Scotland, with as many as 20 battles for this island, including two terrible losses, as I couldn't bring any reinforcement due to Viking naval blockades on my ports.
    And some of my Cav battles, especially against Viking armies, have been very tough!
    So I will try to d/l and use (a real bet for me ;-)) FRAPS.
    Thanks again for the challenge,
    FFJean