Thread: Installing other mods

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Installing other mods

Does anyone know if it's possible to download and install another mod for "Kingdoms" if I have KGCM already installed?

I want to have a go at "Third Age" when it is released in a few weeks.

P.S.

Does anyone even look at these threads anymore? Or are you all of playing Empire TW?

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Installing other mods

me.

i am very dissapointed of Empire.
    it seems they decided to throw out every decent featurer they came up with thus far and replace them with broken, non-transparent features.

heck, the ETW modding community still didnt figure out how to unlock other factions.

anyways - i think installing other mods should be ok - they each get a separate folder, dont they?

ya you should be fine if it installs into a separate folder and doesn't touch any vanilla kingdoms files. KGCM uses its own folder so it shouldn't be affected

i have KGCM and also stainless steel 6.1 and rusichi and all works without problems.

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

If anyone is reading this and is using steam you might want to check this thread out!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86236

It's a little annoying to switch between mods in Steam, but entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to download and install another mod for "Kingdoms" if I have KGCM already installed?

P.S.

Does anyone even look at these threads anymore? Or are you all of playing Empire TW?
    You can install any kingdoms mod.They run on their own folder.The only time you may have to worry is when you install a submod to an existing mod.The sub mod will over write the mod it was designed for.Example ,There are several sub mods for Stainless Steel mod.One sub mod is called ZUMA 3.It is designed to change Stainless Steel into a different game but use the design.So if you want to keep the original Stainless Steel you would have to create a seperate folder copy all files of SSmod into it and rename it like Stainless Steel.org.Then you can install ZUMA MOD over the one you had on you pc already.Then you could play either.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; March 24, 2009 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post

P.S.

ETW sucks.I have it and it is terrible.I loaded the latest patch and now i can't even play from crashing.I put it up on the shelf until they can fix it.Which will most likely take a year to do.Steam sucks to.I to am waiting for Third AGE.As far as i'm concerned all mods of Medieval Totalwar II are seperior to ETW.It looks like the game developement went backwards.Even the animations suck.Sea battles look nice.But Campaign map and ground battles are trash.The senery looks good.I don't even like the fort seige battles.More i think about it the more i hate that i spent money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koljan View Post
    me.

i am very dissapointed of Empire.
    it seems they decided to throw out every decent featurer they came up with thus far and replace them with broken, non-transparent features.

heck, the ETW modding community still didnt figure out how to unlock other factions.

anyways - i think installing other mods should be ok - they each get a separate folder, dont they?
    Even if they start modding ETW, how will they deal with Steam.Modding requires alot of deletion and reloads to get it right.Something that software protection does not like.Reloads.The whole deal using Steam was a bad decision.Mods like Kindoms Grand Campiagn Have made Totalwar worth playing.So i burned a copy to keep incase i can not locate it again.I will do the same with other mods as soon as they decide that they are finnished.All modders like Dave,KK,Naimad,Xerxy and others have done gamers a great service.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; March 24, 2009 at 10:04 PM.