Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piratesof the carribbean mod?

Default Piratesof the carribbean mod?

i was just thinking about it, and it sound like it could work. But i know right now its literally IMPOSSIBLE to mod ETW, but its just a thought (and hopefully a possibility)
    Last edited by Whitey5150; March 09, 2009 at 04:35 PM.
    Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tril-light scope. - HK-47

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Piratesof the carribbean mod?

No offence but the ability to represent a nation's fleet is far better than to represent singular ships or even pirate fleets.

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

Moved

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    No offence but the ability to represent a nation's fleet is far better than to represent singular ships or even pirate fleets.
    well it doesnt have to be like that. you could be the faction leader of the pirate fleet. like in At Worlds End.
    Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tril-light scope. - HK-47

Relic's Avatar Civis

Quite frankly I can see this as a very good idea. When we get the modding tools we can make a modded version of empire; where you can play as different piraters; and can hire "mercenaries" or something at certain ports.
    We can also put the East India Trading company in it; being a protectorate of Britain. Whitey, if you are interested in designing this with me, I'd be honoured to... although you avatar scares the crap out of me.

"Hasta La Victoria Siempre" - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Quite frankly I can see this as a very good idea. When we get the modding tools we can make a modded version of empire; where you can play as different piraters; and can hire "mercenaries" or something at certain ports.
    We can also put the East India Trading company in it; being a protectorate of Britain. Whitey, if you are interested in designing this with me, I'd be honoured to... although you avatar scares the crap out of me.

I would really love to. But honestly, im more of a researcher then a designer.

And thanks thats the whole purpose of it.

oh, and im still trying to figure out if i should combine all 3 films in one mod, or do them all as different versions.
    Last edited by Whitey5150; March 09, 2009 at 01:49 PM.

The East India was nothing like protectorate. Their trading posts were british territory and the company was subject of Britain.

A pirates' faction will be stupid cause you can't build fleets without land regions income. You will have to put the pirates conquer regions like landlords. That's just stupid.

The East India was nothing like protectorate. Their trading posts were british territory and the company was subject of Britain.

A pirates' faction will be stupid cause you can't build fleets without land regions income. You will have to put the pirates conquer regions like landlords. That's just stupid.
    well the pirates could have Tortuga, that didnt seem like it was maintained by the British or it protectorates.

Or, they could start of as 15-25 units aboard a pirate fleet off the coast of a unspecified colony.
    Last edited by Whitey5150; March 09, 2009 at 04:29 PM.

Berdiche Knyaz's Avatar Biarchus

Maybe you can create your own Pirate Fleet and sail around the Caribbean, select one of the hundred pirate flags, start a fleet and small town and your off:
    You can also meet some famous pirates: Calico Jack, Blackbeard

The factions I guess would be:
    Britain
    France
    Dutch
    Spain
    America
    New Greneda
    Denmark (They owned the Virgin Islands until WWII)

-Berdiche Knyaz
    America: Total War Teammate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=224197

Quote Originally Posted by Berdiche Knyaz View Post
    Maybe you can create your own Pirate Fleet and sail around the Caribbean, select one of the hundred pirate flags, start a fleet and small town and your off:
    You can also meet some famous pirates: Calico Jack, Blackbeard

The factions I guess would be:
    Britain
    France
    Dutch
    Spain
    America
    New Greneda
    Denmark (They owned the Virgin Islands until WWII)

maybe perhaps the east india trade company? or would that be included under britain? :hmmm:

Oh, and btw were the Bahamas a Spainish-ruled colony?

No it was a British Colony
    Though American forces sieged the islands during the Revolution.
    The East India Trade Company was part of Britain

Sweden believe it or not as well had a colony in the Caribbean, but left.

So:
    Playable:
    Pirates
    America
    Spain
    Britain
    France
    Dutch
    New Grenada

Non-Playable:
    Natives
    Rebels

Emergent:
    Denmark
    Sweden
    Prussia (I think they did have some ambitions on the Caribbean)

If you want a Pirates mod, your gonna need alot of settlements

-Berdiche Knyaz

well theres the undead pirates also, which would be a big issue. You could either max out their hit points, or literally make them invincible (which sounds just stupid) and plus, theirs no specified name to call them.

and if its possible, see if their skin changes from normal to undead during night battles (also a big issue) if not, maybe disable the night battles feature to that faction.

Not sure if its worth bringing up but in the game "Sid Meier's Pirates!" they have pirate haven settlements. Perhaps you could have them dotted around the map as the pirate factions bases? They could be very basic like the Gibraltar region in ETW, just a region capital and a port. Also if your going to have multiple pirate factions some could be protectorates of the various nations in the game as a way of loosely representing the letters of marque? Just some thoughts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by killerchinchilla View Post
    Not sure if its worth bringing up but in the game "Sid Meier's Pirates!" they have pirate haven settlements. Perhaps you could have them dotted around the map as the pirate factions bases? They could be very basic like the Gibraltar region in ETW, just a region capital and a port. Also if your going to have multiple pirate factions some could be protectorates of the various nations in the game as a way of loosely representing the letters of marque? Just some thoughts anyway.
    true, perhaps some unmarked islands could be forts,or safe havens for the pirates.

well, theres the sinagpore pirates (Which could simply be called Pirates of Singapore) the Undead pirates (not sure yet) and normal pirates.

and i wonder how big the map should be? should it from the coast of central america the north-east coast of south america, or should it be Cuba to the northeast coast of south america? or should it be something different?

To implement pirates faction you need to capture money or goods with the captured ship to get income. This game doesn't support this function by now. Otherwise the pirates will have to be landlords too.

To implement pirates faction you need to capture money or goods with the captured ship to get income. This game doesn't support this function by now. Otherwise the pirates will have to be landlords too.

well the only answer for that i guess is basic trade rights.

Pirates:
    Pirates of the Black Pearl (Barbossa)
    Pirates of Jack Sparrow (Jack Sparrow)
    Singapore Pirates (Sao Feng)
    The Dutchmen (Davy Jones)
    New Orleans Pirates (Gentleman Jocard)
    Spanish Treasure Fleet (Eduardo Villanueva)
    Famous Pirates: Calico Jack, Blackbeard, Long John, etc

Factions:
    East India Trade Company or Britain (Lord Beckett)
    Spanish Empire
    French Empire
    Dutch Empire

Emergent:
    Kingdom of Denmark
    Swedish Empire
    Kingdom of Prussia

that's all I got and this:

I hope this would help you

-Berdiche Knyaz

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey5150 View Post
    well the only answer for that i guess is basic trade rights.
    You realize that even if you have all trade rights given by default, you will need diff plantations, vineyards etc /all belonging to land regions/ to have what to trade/export ?

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Icon13 Re: Pirates of the Carribbean mod?

I personally i think it would just be better to have the Black Pearl roaming around as a special frigate, which you can capture.
    Same goes for Britain, allow them to recruit the Interceptor, an incredibly fast and manoeuvrable frigate!
    Things to do with PotC just not actually in PotC...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast