Thread: Turreted ships?

Libertus

Default Turreted ships?

From what I've seen, this doesn't seem entirely impossible. I present my evidence as follows: The mortars on bomb ketches swivel to shoot at ships, therefore having 360 degree firing arcs with plausible graphics isn't hard. Second, guns can fire more than one shot, as demonstrated by the ottoman organ gun. The one potential problem I can see is that guns might not be able to turn with another set of guns...as in, turrets can't contain more than a single gun. Any thoughts/comments?

Default Re: Turreted ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Aufneer View Post
    From what I've seen, this doesn't seem entirely impossible. I present my evidence as follows: The mortars on bomb ketches swivel to shoot at ships, therefore having 360 degree firing arcs with plausible graphics isn't hard. Second, guns can fire more than one shot, as demonstrated by the ottoman organ gun. The one potential problem I can see is that guns might not be able to turn with another set of guns...as in, turrets can't contain more than a single gun. Any thoughts/comments?
    Theoretically each turret could act like a stationary battery, that way you can choose targets with each one. Creating animations for such is not the problem also, getting them to work ingame might be. Anyways im eager to work on ship models

I would like to a Bismarck ingame one day I wonder if this will be possible one day
    Don't smoke the seed

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Aufneer View Post
    It's not difficult but the point of the game was to NOT include modern ships. Ironclads incluido.

Merrimack .. Monitor .. anyone good at building ships?

BYE BYE wooden barn targets!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    Merrimack .. Monitor .. anyone good at building ships?

BYE BYE wooden barn targets!

R
    If you are in this set of mind better play Battlestations Midway, not ETW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    If you are in this set of mind better play Battlestations Midway, not ETW.
    I think the letters best suited for you right now are G, T, F, and O. Folks can mod what they want, as long as it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joudahmon View Post
    I think the letters best suited for you right now are G, T, F, and O. Folks can mod what they want, as long as it's possible.
    And you don't mind if it will be stupid ?

Libertus

This is a thread about turreted ships. not flaming. And i really don't care about the fact that they didn't include them, I'm simply opening up the logic for anyone who decides to do it.

Jutland and Distant Guns. Storm Eagle Studios. I play this and recommend both games. Turreted ships out of place here.

This fuels the rumors that CA wants to do WWI next!

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinos View Post
    I would like to a Bismarck ingame one day I wonder if this will be possible one day
    The problem with the Bismark is that The guns might not be able to traverse low enough to hit the ships, but realistically all the Bismark(or any other large, reasonably fast ship, including any cruse ship, or tanker) would have to do is speed up near it and the wake would probably sink it, but since this is ETW and men can stand in water going up to their necks, you might have to resort to raming.

But seriously I look foward to Ironclads, Total war.:original:

Like trolls and hobbits are out of place in medieval 2 i assume? The boundarys of modding are 1. your imagination 2. your dedication and 3. the moddability of the game. So far there are at least 2 mods that plan on adding steam powered ships to the game, and i think its a perfect idea to finally get the sea battles used in any aspect. Id love to see an ancient mod as well.