Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.12 (w/ integrated .loc editor)

twisted's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5 (w/ integrated db viewer and editor)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziem View Post
    Get an error here also after clicking on the unit_stats_land db. This is what I get as error msg

Maybe it helps in finding the error.
    Strange thing is it refers to framework v2.0 while I'm almost sure I have framework 3.5 (any way I can check this?)

Z.
    I had the same problem. Download .Net 3.5 SP1. It will probally tell you 3.5 is broken. Let it repair. Then with Windows Vista auto-update will pop-up saying you havbe to download 2 things for 3.5. After installing the updates it worked like a charm for me!

Ziem's Avatar Civis

Thanks Twisted but I've got it up and running now. Forgot to download an important txt file . As long as it runs that's fine for me. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Z.

Ziem's Avatar Civis

@LtChambers

Don't know whether it already has been mentioned but in the unit_stats_land db. , the 4th column in your spreadsheet where it says unknown. It's actually the amount of cannons per battery.
    You can change that for example to 10 (or any other number) then you have 10 cannons but don't forget to change the unit size also. so 10x6 = 60. Now we can make nice grand batteries!

Z.
    Last edited by Ziem; March 13, 2009 at 06:26 AM.

I now get an unhandled exception error when trying to replace files in a pack. I was doing this yesterday no problem with 1.3

Does anyone know why the projectiletrail.fx file looks different when extracted with this program than with the other programs which unpack the files?

I want to edit the projectile trails out but the code to edit doesn't exist when extracted with this program.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfDude View Post
    I now get an unhandled exception error when trying to replace files in a pack. I was doing this yesterday no problem with 1.3
    Yup, getting it too. I was adding some code to your program and I wanted to see how the replace function worked. Sadly everytime I tried it, it gave the same exception:

Code:
    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException 
    The given key was not present in the dictionary.

That error comes up because it is trying to translate a file without a template (only the 5 db's listed have templates) you should be able to hit continue and carry on with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams79 View Post
    That error comes up because it is trying to translate a file without a template (only the 5 db's listed have templates) you should be able to hit continue and carry on with no problem.
    I do hit continue but the file doesn't turn red, meaning it hasn't been replaced

You're right, I just tried it out myself and it definately won't let you replace files.

lol a lot of the people who had no problems before now have problems and only a few of us dont ok well heres exactly what to do we start first with .netframe 3.5
    1. if your computer tries to auto update and it keeps saying it failed it did for me go to google and download from the site that made it work for me that problem is gone

ok on to the download
    1 just click the link and click save to and save it somewhere that may help not sure it worked perfect for me

now to the actual editing
    1.say we want to edit unit stats land open up patch.pack make one backup if i were you
    2. find unit_stats_land click it and click unit_stats
    3. say i want to change my poland line infantry i look for euro_line_infantry_poland then jusing arrow keys go left and find accuracy and edit it to 75 then go to file save
    4 load the game up go to custom battles and see the stats if you want to edit another unit you have to save and exit then restart program manager.

thats about all i can help with also this file is not broken or anything i have no clue what your doing ltchambers has made a great add on that makes me not hav eto hex-edit so THANKS

-edit- i meant to say go right not left with arrow keys

WOOPS lol this was suppose to be up above lol
    Last edited by moisesjns; March 13, 2009 at 07:27 AM. Reason: uhoh

i try to download packfilemanager, but Winzip is saying the file is corrupt. I even reinstalled .net framwork 3.5 to make sure that wasnt it........

Hmm, the zip works fine for me on two computers using 7zip, Windows zip, and WinZip 12. So it was probably a bad download.

I open the program and it runs with no probs at all... i select the main.pack file in the data folder and go in and edit some of the unit sizes... i.e. grenadiers from 80-160... or whatever... i then save the file (twice just to be sure)... but when i load in the game their is no change... any help would be much appreciated.

i have .NET Framework 3.5 installed
    i am running windows vista 64-bit

I wonder how big of a pain in the rear it would be to get support for the unit_stats_naval_tables :hmmm:

@hedges

Try if the file is not included in the patch.pak. If so, the one in the main.pack gets over-ridden by that one. So make your changes in the patch.pack

@cwm33

You can start decoding the file format using a hex editor (eg Hex Workshop)

Check the Wiki & this thread for info http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=235731

cheers
    B

Anyone got any ideas as to why we can't replace files?

Quote Originally Posted by hedges13 View Post
    I open the program and it runs with no probs at all... i select the main.pack file in the data folder and go in and edit some of the unit sizes... i.e. grenadiers from 80-160... or whatever... i then save the file (twice just to be sure)... but when i load in the game their is no change... any help would be much appreciated.

i have .NET Framework 3.5 installed
    i am running windows vista 64-bit
    Though, if you mean when you load a save game and your current units are not increased in size then try to merge them or reinforce them. In MTW2, if I increased the unit size it only applied to fresh troops.

File is corrupt for me too.

The zip is corrupt somehow, might be vista or winrar. Anyway Porphyr's worked.

This is great, you should put out a guide on how to create mappings for files and we could all help with the work on creating mappings for all the diffrent files.