Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.12 (w/ integrated .loc editor)

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by scivian View Post
    Can someone point me to a guide for this? Thanks
    Step by step guide:

1. You start the programm and select you E:TW data patch
    2. Click on "File" - "Open" and select a .pack file to open (e.g. patch.pack)
    3. Expand the tree view until you reached to final level and select the file you want to extract
    4. Right click on the file and select "Extract Selected..."
    5. Choose a destination to extract to
    6. Modify the file (see http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=232641 for more info on possible changes)
    7. Save the modified file
    8. Go back to the Pack File Manager, right click the file you just modified and select "Replace File..."
    9. Select your modified file and click "Open"
    10. To finish, click on "File" - "Save" and you're done

twisted's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyr View Post
    You simply have to download the binary (PackFileManager.exe).
    In order to start the programm, the .NET Framework 3.5 is required (Download from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-508d977d32a6)

If the .NET Framework is installed, you should be able to start the un/packer.
    Thanks man. Was a bit confusing with all the files.

I get this error when trying to save the patch.pack. Btw if i don't have .Net 3.5. Would i be able to run the packmanager anyway on Vista 64 without .Net 3.5? Cuz otherwise i assume i just need to install 3.5...

Spoiler for error
    Zie het einde van dit bericht voor meer informatie over het aanroepen
    van JIT-foutopsporing (Just In Time) in plaats van dit dialoogvenster.

************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
    System.IO.IOException: Kan geen toegang krijgen tot het bestand D:\Games\Empire Total War\data\patch.pack omdat het wordt gebruikt door een ander proces. // can't get acces due the file being used by an other program
    bij System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    bij System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    bij System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    bij System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
    bij PackFileManager.PackedFile.Read(Byte[]& data)
    bij PackFileManager.PackedFile.get_Data()
    bij PackFileManager.PackFile.writeToFile(String filepath)
    bij PackFileManager.PackFile.SaveAs(String filepath)
    bij PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.saveAsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladen assembly's **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly-versie: 2.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    PackFileManager
    Assembly-versie: 0.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/downloads/Empire%20Total%20War/Tools/Packfilemanager/PackFileManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
    mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

************** JIT-foutopsporing **************
    Als u JIT-foutopsporing wilt inschakelen, moet in het configuratiebestand voor deze
    toepassing of computer (machine.config) de waarde
    jitDebugging in het gedeelte system.windows.forms zijn ingesteld.
    De toepassing moet ook zijn gecompileerd terwijl foutopsporing
    was ingeschakeld.

Bijvoorbeeld:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

Wanneer JIT-foutopsporing is ingeschakeld, worden onverwerkte uitzonderingen
    naar het JIT-foutopsporingsprogramma gestuurd dat op de computer is geregistreerd
    en worden niet door dit dialoogvenster verwerkt.
    Last edited by twisted; March 12, 2009 at 06:04 AM.

Well, you might be able to run the programm if you have older .NET frameworks installed. But given that you received this error message, I suggest you install .NET 3.5 and try it again. It worked fine with me.

It is weird though. It seems to say 2.0 . But i can swear that i installed 3.5 a while ago. When trying to repair, windows told me to do 2 updates on 3.5. So something was definetly messed up. Now i just hope this works as i'm already trying for 2 days to get some damn modding hehe. Thanks for your reply and advice!

Now i don't get the error no more when savind the file.
    But the game still crashes when i edit accuracy on my unit.
    I'm really getting sick and tired off this after just trying for 2 dman days :@.

Btw do i need to change anything to Change pack type? It's now on release?

Ok did something new. I extracted the file. Saved to my desktop. Then i replaced the file with the file on my desktop. Saved the patch.pack in the data folder. Fired up the game. And it crashed again. I didn't even edited any files. how the **** is this possible??

Btw where can i find that i'm using .NET 3.5? So to make sure that isn't the problem.
    Last edited by twisted; March 12, 2009 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyr View Post
    You simply have to download the binary (PackFileManager.exe).
    In order to start the programm, the .NET Framework 3.5 is required (Download from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-508d977d32a6)

If the .NET Framework is installed, you should be able to start the un/packer.
    Hi,

I have .NET framework 3.5 installed, but the programme doesnt run, its not an exe file just an unrecognised file which asks me to select a programme to open it. I tried rightclicking and saveing as, but it still doesnt work. Any help would be appreciated im new to this.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bryapatch View Post
    Hi,

I have .NET framework 3.5 installed, but the programme doesnt run, its not an exe file just an unrecognised file which asks me to select a programme to open it. I tried rightclicking and saveing as, but it still doesnt work. Any help would be appreciated im new to this.

Cheers
    you sure u aint gettin the source code?

No i had the same problem. To solve this:
    - Open configuration screen.
    - Open Folder-options.
    - Click middle tab(not sure what it is called in english..).
    - Scroll down till you see "hide known extensions". Untick that one.
    - Now go to the file. right click on file, change name. and simply put .exe after the name. hit enter, a pop up will come up. Say yes.

And then you can run it. Make sure u change the "hide known extensions"back. Otherwise you can mess up a lot of files. Or you must like it this way.

EDIT: Woohoo i finally made it work! It seem you have to manually set the Pack type to Patch. At least since i do that, everything i edit workd !
    Last edited by twisted; March 12, 2009 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    No i had the same problem. To solve this:
    - Open configuration screen.
    - Open Folder-options.
    - Click middle tab(not sure what it is called in english..).
    - Scroll down till you see "hide known extensions". Untick that one.
    - Now go to the file. right click on file, change name. and simply put .exe after the name. hit enter, a pop up will come up. Say yes.

And then you can run it. Make sure u change the "hide known extensions"back. Otherwise you can mess up a lot of files. Or you must like it this way.

EDIT: Woohoo i finally made it work! It seem you have to manually set the Pack type to Patch. At least since i do that, everything i edit workd !

Thanks!!!

why can't i find a program to open this file? i downloaded .NE Framework 3.5

You guys who are having trouble with needing to set the pack type to patch - are you sure you're using the 1.3 version? Not reading the pack type was the principle bug I fixed in 1.3.

Jakeyjohn, did you download the Windows binary? Just double-click on the .exe file you downloaded...

Well i downloaded the file today. So i reckon i did download the 1.3 version.

@ Bryapatch, glad to be off help .

OMFG. When I edited the URL it only edited the title, not the actual URL it pointed to. So everybody downloaded 1.2 when they thought it said it was 1.3. GRR! Fixed now though.

Thanks for this great tool, Matt. Awesome job! You're hereby promoted to ADMIRAL, GENERAL and LORD Chambers!
    + Total War without Jeff van Dyck is like Star Wars without John Williams +

"Sum tempestas fusca, qua perducit terra"

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    OMFG. When I edited the URL it only edited the title, not the actual URL it pointed to. So everybody downloaded 1.2 when they thought it said it was 1.3. GRR! Fixed now though.
    Ah well your forgiven due to the fact that you actually made the tool.

I'd like to use it, but unfortunately it won't open. It gives me an error saying it can't find the ETW directory. I have the retail SF edition

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfDude View Post
    I'd like to use it, but unfortunately it won't open. It gives me an error saying it can't find the ETW directory. I have the retail SF edition
    Er, that should definitely not happen with 1.2 or 1.3, since I added failsafes since 1.2. It should ask you to pick a folder if it can't automatically find it.

I found out what the problem was. The download link 'http://etw-mod-tools.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/etw-mod-tools/bin/PackFileManager.exe?revision=4' was giving me a bad file, so I deleted ?revision=4 off the end and downloaded it again and now it works

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I committed the file but it wasn't an updated one. I had immediately committed another revision, but that bumped the revision number twice and my previous fix only bumped it up once. So now it's really fixed. Easier to just leave off revision number anyway, I think that will always download the head revision.

Download link is not working.

You can't download the file? The link works fine for me... anybody else can't download it?