Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.12 (w/ integrated .loc editor)

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.8 (w/ integrated db editor)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm getting that error every time I add a new row and then fill in one of the blanks. Any ideas why?
    "When you do something right; it will seem as though you haven't done anything at all." -Space God
    http://www.mtgfanatic.com/?ForumReferrerID=127300

First of all, great work.

I guess I may not understand how to use the tool as I am not seeing the changes taking effect. What I do:

1) I extract the tool and associated files into their own directory
    2) I then open the patch.pack file with the tool and edit the db->units_table with the changes to cost, upkeep and build time as desired
    3) I then go to file->save and it appears to save successfully
    4) Launch ETW, start a new campaign but I do not see any difference in cost, etc.

I looked through the thread for a clue why this is happening but I didn't see anything that stood out to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Miles

Does the units_table turn red in the left part of the editor after the changes? if not it just don't take any change... the best way to check this is to click on some other file in the pack editor explorer.
    Note that after the save it should not be red anymore.
    Hope this help.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

I'm mostly finished on the new loc file editor I wrote for the PFM. It works mostly like the DB editor so you can edit things inside the tool and also export/import it to a text file format.

I guess you'll get it in the next version of the PFM but there's some merging work to do so it's up to LtC when to integrate it

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

It did turn red before I saved.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by dizzymonkey View Post
    It did turn red before I saved.
    then re-open your modded patch.pack, if your changes are still there it's probably because another file is overwriting it at startup of the game, so if you have a backup of your patch.pack in the same directory just move it or change it extention like patch.back...
    PS: Just guessing here...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgrath View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm getting that error every time I add a new row and then fill in one of the blanks. Any ideas why?
    Yeah I get that too.

it seems with each new update theirs problem for a few im sure we can fix it though at least remember people all files that you download with the packfilemanager have to go in the same folder and will the new patch overwrite all our changes? and if so can we just copy and paste our patch.pack over the new patch.pack or re-edit it all?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by RtG View Post
    Yeah I get that too.
    export it as .tsv, change it in the .tsv file, and then import it back in. otherwise you'll get that error and won't be able to add anything.

Sosobra's Avatar Domesticus

argh can someone babystep me through the steps of adding matchlocks to the Streltsy (infantry)
    unit i keep screwing it up.
    I find most people irritating
    SteamID:Sosobra

Quote Originally Posted by Aufneer View Post
    export it as .tsv, change it in the .tsv file, and then import it back in. otherwise you'll get that error and won't be able to add anything.
    Err, whats a .tsv and
    what program do I edit it with?
    "When you do something right; it will seem as though you haven't done anything at all." -Space God
    http://www.mtgfanatic.com/?ForumReferrerID=127300

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    Very strange error. Are you running the exe from a network drive?
    No, just form my C: drive.

I thought it might be OneCare, so I closed that, but the problem persists. I have a pretty plane jane setup, no other anti-virus etc..., high speed cable. It just can't hit that IP for whatever reason I guess.

For setup, all I did was remove the three files (.txt, exe and dll) to the same dir that I had main.pack in, open main.pack with no problems, but it fails when I try to look at a record (I'm using unit_stats_land as my test, but I tried some others that should be supported according to the db file, but it was a no go).

Not really sure what it might be. Maybe there could be a -local switch for the executable which would force it to not look online?

EDIT: btw, I can ping the IP address listed in the exception, so it's probably not some sort of weird connectivity issue.
    Last edited by sage2; March 17, 2009 at 07:01 PM.

no one answered me are we gonna have to re-edit our patch.pack everytime a new patch is released and if so is their gonna be a lot of frequent patches?

awesome LtC finally i managed to edit sound files so some menu press action dont blow my ears off ...

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    no one answered me are we gonna have to re-edit our patch.pack everytime a new patch is released and if so is their gonna be a lot of frequent patches?
    The file named patch.pack? Yes, that's why most people now seem to be leaning towards making their own .pack's instead of editing the originals. And so far as I know no-one yet knows how frequent the patching will be.
    Last edited by Jams79; March 17, 2009 at 08:21 PM.

Seems like the way to do it is not to edit patch.pack but just to make your own pack to "patch the patch". I kinda like this system where the new packs just overwrite the old packs, although I haven't figured out exactly which ones get priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams79 View Post
    The file named patch.pack? Yes, that's why most people now seem to be leaning towards making their own .pack's instead of editing the originals. And so far as I know no-one yet knows how frequent the patching will be.
    Do we know how ETW assigns priority/order to the .pack files. If I add two new .pack files that cover the same db entry, which one will get used?

so can you guys tell me how to use my own pack? i created a pack or a copy of the patch.pack that i edited and named it moises's pack.patch so do i add that in the game folder? and if ii do wont a new patch override it? please explain to me guys

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    so can you guys tell me how to use my own pack? i created a pack or a copy of the patch.pack that i edited and named it moises's pack.patch so do i add that in the game folder? and if ii do wont a new patch override it? please explain to me guys
    If i have undestood correctly you have te change the first letter to start with something that comes after P.
    But even Alpaca has problems, i was so waitin fos holiday and testing.. And where are the bloody CA tools?!

So I went ahead and modified patch.pak to the specifications I needed and I got it partially right, in that all the recruitment is currently at 0 for naval, but on land I have lost the ability to recruit any units whatsoever, no card pictures, just blank space. On closer inspection it appears that the military academy is the issue, Star forts, armies, and lower level army recruitment buildings work fine.
    Last edited by g-gaels; March 17, 2009 at 09:30 PM.