Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.12 (w/ integrated .loc editor)

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.6 (w/ integrated db editor); new download link

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    lol snoken you no longer have to extract anything it's new version heres what you do...well if you want to edit a unit
    1. open up the packfile manager you do have version 1.6 right?
    2. click file and open patch.pack make sure you have backup!
    3. click their should be + on letters and you need to find db then click it go down and find unit_stats_land ps if i knew how to take pics id show but i dont so lol
    4. click it and the right side should fill with units edit all you want but be carefull with the unkowns

hope that helps by the way can some one tell me how to take pics really i dont know how
    At point 4. nothing i edit and save wont work.
    Im in unit stats editing unit sizes.
    What could i be doing wrong?

notger's Avatar Decanus

Matt Chambers, your tool is great, I love it!

If you accept whishes on which tables are to be parsed next, I would opt for the campaign_ai-tables and projectiles_tables, so that we can tackle the campaign AI and the accuracy problem with muskets.

Again: Great work!

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by notger View Post
    Matt Chambers, your tool is great, I love it!

If you accept whishes on which tables are to be parsed next, I would opt for the campaign_ai-tables and projectiles_tables, so that we can tackle the campaign AI and the accuracy problem with muskets.

Again: Great work!
    The campaign AI isn't in those tables, they just set personalities I think.

Edit: Added some more db types, check out the file again. That'll be it with cracking for me today

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

what do you mean you cant save do you save and their is no changes? if so did you edit something before? and save? if you edit a unit and save and try to edit another unit and save it wont work if you save after a small edit you have to restart the packfile manager and edit again

Quote Originally Posted by Theboos View Post

Originally Posted by Sorkenlol
    Good job on the Naval thing, is it possible to edit firepower yet?

Nevermind, figured out how to do it. Finally the galley is fixed.

How?

Many thanks for the Pack File Manager!!
    Yes, I want to know as well!
    great tool by the way

I have tried to change around the hall strength and the crew numbers in the editor it saved alright, but the value is still the same in game. accuracy and reload time seems not working as well - (I supposed that the high the number the better accuracy and reload it is.)

what do you mean you cant save do you save and their is no changes? if so did you edit something before? and save? if you edit a unit and save and try to edit another unit and save it wont work if you save after a small edit you have to restart the packfile manager and edit again
    I change value in the chart, unit size from 200 to 400, i go file/save, the mager seems to save it. Then i exit and go to custom battle, no change.

My backup of the main.pack is in my desktop, if that has any relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Björneborgs regemente View Post
    I change value in the chart, unit size from 200 to 400, i go file/save, the mager seems to save it. Then i exit and go to custom battle, no change.

My backup of the main.pack is in my desktop, if that has any relevance.
    I may have to edit the values in the patch.pack file, as it over writes the main.pack file.

Some of the stuff you can edit works in multiplayer, giving a massive advantage. CA should do something about it, it shouldant let you edit and use those same tables for multiplayer
    Last edited by Weasel; March 14, 2009 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    This program is pretty much a hack.

You can edit the stats of units under Units_stats_land_tables once u use ths DBFilestypes.txt http://etw-mod-tools.sourceforge.net/DBFileTypes.txt , It wont let you play a game if u increase the accuracy or reload skill of your troops but, you can adjust the unitsize and costs without it causing a desycnh, and this works in multiplayer.

I just did a battle where each of my guard units had 500 men each so i had 6000 men in total. the other players didnt stand a chance.

Its pretty stupid really CA should do something about it.
    Wish i could edit the numbers but i cant get it to work, i dont no what im doing wrong.

regemente your using main.pack try editing the patch.pack oh and by the way to LT i hope he reads this ill just pm him it to wait he has to many pms so what the point BUT on to the matter after editing some units and such when i click any of my cities now it takes like 20 seconds to load if it has an army in it even just 1 light dragoon and when i click army tab at city takes like 1 minute to load sigh we need help from ca

regemente your using main.pack try editing the patch.pack oh and by the way to LT i hope he reads this ill just pm him it to wait he has to many pms so what the point BUT on to the matter after editing some units and such when i click any of my cities now it takes like 20 seconds to load if it has an army in it even just 1 light dragoon and when i click army tab at city takes like 1 minute to load sigh we need help from ca
    I was on patch.pack allready but i saved at the wrong place.

But its working now!

You have any idea what controls the unit formations?
    So that we could stretch the bigger units in three rows?
    :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Björneborgs regemente View Post
    I was on patch.pack allready but i saved at the wrong place.

But its working now!

You have any idea what controls the unit formations?
    So that we could stretch the bigger units in three rows?
    :hmmm:
    You can use the full unit UI control, key board short cuts or on screen tab works to stretch bigger unit almost as long as you want. won't work under minimal UI.

is any one esle experiencing wha tim getting where it takes a while to load cities with troops in them? if not please say so all i edited so far have been the technology tables my poland line infantry light galleys and winged hussars its annoying not game breaking.

Good work. +rep. Cant wait to see some great mods soon everybody.

Ziem's Avatar Civis

@moisesjns

You mean the delay when you click on a city or army? Then yes... Dunno whether it has to do with adjustments. Had the same thingie before I used the editor. Strange thing is that I indeed have a delay clicking on a city with or without an army but don't have a "jerky" map anymore. Probabably has to do with the overall programming.

Z.

whew what a relief at least now i know i did not do anything dumb but yyea i did mean the city and army sigh well hopefully the upcoming patch this week for empire will make it so we can edit units and not get that delay

ps. any one know exactly what date the patch is coming out? i know it's this week and tahts all

Quote Originally Posted by scsscsfanfan View Post
    Yes, I want to know as well!
    great tool by the way
    Oh sorry didn't see that comment.

What you do is open the unit_stats_naval table with packfilemanager and find the Light Galley and the medium galley, the medium galley has the same name, but the light galley is called something like "galley/light/fliute" or something like that. After you've located them you'll see a column next to their name called Cannon type 1, in there will be a cannon called "naval_cannon_42" or something along those lines, change the number to something like 6, 9, 12 or 24, I recommend using 9 or 12 though. Gives them about 45-50 firepower.

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Can you guys please make it compatibile with units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions in db ? It dictates what factions make what units, judging by the hex entries, it seems as simple as the name of a unit then the factions it belongs to !

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    An update for you guys: I was working on cracking all the dbs with building_ today. From now on we'll upload the latest DBFileTypes.txt to our project webspace at http://etw-mod-tools.sourceforge.net/DBFileTypes.txt

Download that file and replace the old DBFileTypes.txt in the directory where you put the Pack Manager. Of course the latest version at the time will always be included in the pack manager releases but it'll probably get changed more often than that and it wouldn't make sense to exclude everyone until it is
    Hey great!

Assuming you two are working together, you should get LtChambers to put that link in the first post, so people will be able to come to the thread and grab the latest version immediately.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince