Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.12 (w/ integrated .loc editor)

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.6 (w/ integrated db editor); new download link

yes its naval editing too one question how do i edit the damage the ships make? what i mean is increase its firepower?

i had the game modded before using another unpacker. After the patch, the projectile tracers are back, but unpacking the main.pack and doing what i done before does not work, and i already have a main.pack-backup. any advice will be great, better then reinstalling.

Kye,

my bad if it's been posted before, but if i put edited DB files from the patch.pack file into my own patch_mod.pack file (set to patch type in the file manager), which pack will overwrite which?

This is an awesome tool. Thank you so much for doing this, LT.

Two things that might be helpful:
    1) When editing values, being able to lock the first column, i.e. the Unit Name / category that is being edited.
    2) The battlefield movement file appears to be relatively simple. The format is "Terrain Type" followed by 4 floats; each float appears to be for a unit type. I'm not certain, but I think they are: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, Rangers / Light Infantry; but I have not emperically verified with certainy yet.

Call me stupid but i dont understand how this works, i can exctract the unit file but what do I do then? I have tried to put the editet file back to patch.pack but the this errormessage come up
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    System.ArgumentException: added files must be in the relative directory or a subdirectory
    vid PackFileManager.PackedFile..ctor(PackFile packFile, String filepathToAdd)
    vid PackFileManager.PackFile.Add(String filepath)
    vid PackFileManager.PackFile.AddRange(String[] filepaths)
    vid PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.addFileToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

i have tried to do as many variations but i cant find the "proper" directory
    Last edited by snoken5; March 14, 2009 at 02:20 PM.

lol snoken you no longer have to extract anything it's new version heres what you do...well if you want to edit a unit
    1. open up the packfile manager you do have version 1.6 right?
    2. click file and open patch.pack make sure you have backup!
    3. click their should be + on letters and you need to find db then click it go down and find unit_stats_land ps if i knew how to take pics id show but i dont so lol
    4. click it and the right side should fill with units edit all you want but be carefull with the unkowns

hope that helps by the way can some one tell me how to take pics really i dont know how

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    This is an awesome tool. Thank you so much for doing this, LT.

Two things that might be helpful:
    1) When editing values, being able to lock the first column, i.e. the Unit Name / category that is being edited.
    2) The battlefield movement file appears to be relatively simple. The format is "Terrain Type" followed by 4 floats; each float appears to be for a unit type. I'm not certain, but I think they are: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, Rangers / Light Infantry; but I have not emperically verified with certainy yet.
    What do you mean by locked exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorkenlol View Post
    Good job on the Naval thing, is it possible to edit firepower yet?

Nevermind, figured out how to do it. Finally the galley is fixed.
    How?

Many thanks for the Pack File Manager!!

Quote Originally Posted by panzer-elite View Post
    BUMP. Please someone who might know what's the problem answer.
    Do you have unusual display settings (fonts and their sizes), or have you perhaps removed any fonts from your windows installation for some reason?

If you did change display settings try resetting them to system defaults.

Hello everybody.

I spent my day editing with this awesome tool. Thank you again !

But, I have to tell I had a problem at one moment.

I m like editing every units stats ( stats mellee, morale etc) and it seems that after a certain amount of editing ( lets say around 10) your "save" won't work. I lost 3 hours of work .

Solution so far : I only edit 10 stats in a raw, then "save as" ...
    Then check if everything is inside.

This way I actually made it up to half the units of the stats. However, it's really time consumming. :hmmm:

Any clue ?

( I m convinced I must use a noob method anyway )

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

An update for you guys: I was working on cracking all the dbs with building_ today. From now on we'll upload the latest DBFileTypes.txt to our project webspace at http://etw-mod-tools.sourceforge.net/DBFileTypes.txt

Download that file and replace the old DBFileTypes.txt in the directory where you put the Pack Manager. Of course the latest version at the time will always be included in the pack manager releases but it'll probably get changed more often than that and it wouldn't make sense to exclude everyone until it is

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

nope it isnt that easy
    Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    lol snoken you no longer have to extract anything it's new version heres what you do...well if you want to edit a unit
    1. open up the packfile manager you do have version 1.6 right?
    2. click file and open patch.pack make sure you have backup!
    3. click their should be + on letters and you need to find db then click it go down and find unit_stats_land ps if i knew how to take pics id show but i dont so lol
    4. click it and the right side should fill with units edit all you want but be carefull with the unkowns

hope that helps by the way can some one tell me how to take pics really i dont know how
    i got the
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ************** Undantagstext **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Det gick inte att hitta filen C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\DBFileTypes.txt.
    Filnamn: C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\DBFileTypes.txt
    vid System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    vid System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    vid System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
    vid System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
    vid System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
    vid System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)
    vid PackFileManager.DBFileEditorControl.getTypeMapFromFile(String filepath)
    vid PackFileManager.DBFileEditorControl..ctor(PackedFile packedFile)
    vid PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.packTreeView_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    message when i treid number 3, I cant press unit_stats thats when the message comes up, cant understand why ( could not find the file C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\DBFileTypes.txt)
    Last edited by snoken5; March 14, 2009 at 03:27 PM.

Awesome!! Thanks for the tool!!

hmm ok download once again theirs 2 files the packmanager and the dbfileeditor.txt put them in the same folder MAN no one answered me how to take pics this would be so much easier if i just showed you lol but they need to be together in same folder so if you put the packmanager on desktop do the same with the dbfile.txt and about # 3 i really cant explain it unless some one tells me how to take pics on my pc

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    hmm ok download once again theirs 2 files the packmanager and the dbfileeditor.txt put them in the same folder MAN no one answered me how to take pics this would be so much easier if i just showed you lol but they need to be together in same folder so if you put the packmanager on desktop do the same with the dbfile.txt and about # 3 i really cant explain it unless some one tells me how to take pics on my pc
    Press the print screen button on your keyboard, open an image editing program (like paint), paste it in then save as a jpg and attach it.

snoken5: Looks like you're missing DBFileTypes.txt - make sure it's in the same folder as the PackManager.exe

Hey, I've made some updates to the DBFileTypes.txt. Could still use some work though.

Code:
    units    Unit ID,String;
    Screen Name,String;
    Category,String;
    Class,String;
    unknown,UInt32;
    Turns to Build,UInt32;
    Cost,UInt32;
    Upkeep,UInt32;
    unknown,UInt32;unknown,Boolean;unknown,String;unknown,String;unknown,String;unknown,String;
    Has Region?,Boolean,1;Region IDRef,String;
    Unit Limit,UInt32;
    MP Category,String;
    Early Availability,Boolean;
    unknown,Boolean;
    Late Availability,Boolean;
    unknown,UInt32;unknown,1

factions    Faction ID,String;
    ID?,UInt32;
    Category,String;
    Type,String;
    Nation,String;
    Nationality,String;
    Names DB,String;
    sounds id?,String;
    Rebels?,Boolean;
    Early Availability,Boolean;
    Late Availability,Boolean;
    Icon,String;
    Flag1,String;
    Has Flag2?,Boolean,1;Flag2,String;
    Has Flag3?,Boolean,1;Flag3,String;
    unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;
    Group,String;
    Has something?,Boolean,1;something,String;
    unknown,Single;unknown,Single;unknown,Single;
    has something2?,Boolean,1;something2,String;
    Abreviation,String;
    unknown,Boolean;
    unknown,Boolean;
    unknown,String;
    unknown,String

quotes    Text,String;
    Author,String;
    ID,String
    Last edited by Stanz; March 14, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    An update for you guys: I was working on cracking all the dbs with building_ today. From now on we'll upload the latest DBFileTypes.txt to our project webspace at http://etw-mod-tools.sourceforge.net/DBFileTypes.txt

Download that file and replace the old DBFileTypes.txt in the directory where you put the Pack Manager. Of course the latest version at the time will always be included in the pack manager releases but it'll probably get changed more often than that and it wouldn't make sense to exclude everyone until it is
    Wouldnt it be good if we built in a search function in the .pack treeview, I spent 5 minutes looking for a certain file

Ok, I put it in along with traits.

I'm going to be selfish and make a few feature requests. You've probably thought of them already but perhaps not.

* Click on column headers to sort them. (making it easier to find stuff)
    * For any DB tables without an entry, take the count and divide it against the size. You can then at least display all the entries in simple hex. (And putting this against an ASCII display also if you want to be extra helpful). Ofcourse this is to help people crack the formats easier.
    * A simple memo control for files such as .lua. (and perhaps to force it with a right click option)
    * an try/exempt (catch) when attempting to read the DB formats to display anything it managed to get. In other words, it'd be nice to see something other than "insert error". I had to download the source and debug the code just to work out where it was going wrong in the factions table.
    * Perhaps embolden items that have a matching DB entry.

I'd probably try and add these myself but my c# knowledge is still lacking (It always felt like I was moving backwards after learning languages like delphi first) and I'm a little busy with other stuff. But I may find time to sit down and give them a shot if you don't plan on adding them anytime soon.
    Last edited by Stanz; March 14, 2009 at 04:54 PM.

Great work so far on this - well done.

Any idea which of the db's contains the data on the different firing drills? I'm keen to tweak the behaviour of platoon firing if I can get to the right file.