Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.12 (w/ integrated .loc editor)

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.6 (w/ integrated db editor); new download link

To please the confused masses I've uploaded a new version with, among other things, a fix for the replace function. Go forth and modify your original data packs for some silly reason - instead of making new patch packs which is a lot safer, more portable, and easier to do.

But it was worth it to add naval editing, some syntax freedom in the type definition file, and the other stuff.

Good job on the Naval thing, is it possible to edit firepower yet?

Nevermind, figured out how to do it. Finally the galley is fixed.
    Last edited by Sorkenlol; March 14, 2009 at 12:23 AM.

New sound mod have 1.3 pack file manager in there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathayut View Post
    New sound mod have 1.3 pack file manager in there now.
    where can u download 1.3? links only to 1.5

Note: There is an issue with renaming pack files, you have to use save as in the packmanager if you want to change name. Empire does not like the pack file if you manually change the name it just wont load it.

Finished my first cut of a slow and hard mod.

I can not get this program to work! I have XP 64bit professional and i get this 'message'

And i have downloaded and tried all previous versions of the unpacker. Obviously it did not work. The text file is in the folder also.

EDIT: I have both .net framework 2.0 and 3.5 sp1.
    Last edited by panzer-elite; March 14, 2009 at 04:54 AM.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by Matte979 View Post
    Ok a BIG request for the tool if possible.

Export and Import to CSV file (That way we can use Excel or other tools to diff files or do mass changes etc.)

Oh and one bug I foung

If you use arrow down on the last record I gor an error and had to quit the application.
    I'm working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tassen View Post
    I did and now when i checked again. Some files open, the ones they don't (can't I assume) gives the error. maybe can have them just not show instead of pulling up an error box?

Great new features though!

I'd replace it with a less critically-looking error message box

LtC: I think we should set up a trunk and dev folder on SVN so that we can submit half-baked features without breaking the current stable release.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by panzer-elite View Post
    I can not get this program to work! I have XP 64bit professional and i get this 'message'

And i have downloaded and tried all previous versions of the unpacker. Obviously it did not work. The text file is in the folder also.
    .Net Framwork is missing I guess

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5 (w/ integrated db editor); new download link

Quote Originally Posted by Matte979 View Post
    Now we are smoking, thanks to the great work by LtChambers. Which btw explained some of this at the same time I wrote this..

So with his tool I easily doubled the cost for units and the time to recruit units and double cost of technology. (Mainly done to slow down the player) I plan to give the AI a huge rebate on cost for both units and research so they wont be affected as much

I thought I create a quick dumb dumbers guide. (I know we tried to explain this many times now but one more time wont hurt)

The 7 step guide to modding Empire.

1. Download packmanager then put the exe and txt file in the empire / data folder
    2. Backup main.pack
    2. Start Packmanager and open Main.pack
    3. Pick one of the files that have a template (See first post)
    Change the value in the right window that you want to change and save.
    4. Now select that file and export it.
    5. Now create a new pack file in packmanager (Patch type) - Call it for example My-Changes-mod.pack
    6. Select the option to add the file with packmanager and then pick the file you exported
    7. Save.

Voila you have a mod(pack file) that you can share.
    i tried your method, it doesnt seem to even load, does the name matter? cause i used tobs.pack

cheerios!

Quote Originally Posted by L33t N00b View Post
    .Net Framwork is missing I guess
    Actually no. I have both 2.0 and 3.5 sp1. And to my knowledge they work properly.

Once again i get the Unhandled exception when i click one of the specified folders. It worked with old version that someone else uploaded to this forum. But the 1.6 release wont work now =/.

Alright, added text export for the currently opened DB file. This allows you to open a supported db, export it to a text file and edit in a nice spreadsheet tool like open office, then import it again to the pack.

Edit: So far, this isn't released but is available in the source tree. It's up to LtC to properly include it
    Last edited by alpaca; March 14, 2009 at 06:09 AM.

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Sweet
    Alpaca, can this read any DB file and place all the information in a grid like the one displayed?
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by panzer-elite View Post

EDIT: I have both .net framework 2.0 and 3.5 sp1.
    BUMP. Please someone who might know what's the problem answer.

Please, add Range of fire editing support!

And also, button "Close" (to close current opened .pack file) in FILE menu will be very useful!
    Last edited by Rodrigo The Scarred; March 14, 2009 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Twin View Post
    Sweet
    Alpaca, can this read any DB file and place all the information in a grid like the one displayed?
    It will read only those DB files that are known by the software, i.e. described in the text file you download. To import a database file you currently need to open it in a pack, import it (which will update the in-tool editor) and then save the pack or export it to a binary file. If you look closely at the first screen you'll see that the first line in the text file is reserved to tell the tool which DB file is included - that's necessary because of the binary file types you need.

In the future I guess it would make sense to add support to import/export selected/all db files and possibly to import from directory or hook into the current import mechanisms automatically interpreting text files in the appropriate directories. One thing I also just thought about is that it's probably a good idea to include the complete structure entry into the exported text files in order to maintain downward compatibility for the tool (i.e. when you find out what a field of 8 bytes is and you for example change it into two integers the text file will stop working).

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

k thank Alpaca, can't wait to get my hands on ut
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Any chance of working on building_effects_junction? I have ETWEditor that can edit that, but repacking is causing issues.

Just a question, can I add new units in the table?

CA you have done a great job so far, keep up the good work!!

Why there is no German-Axis FPS game?
    Thank You for the rep+ given!:wink:

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

LtChambers, Ive finished the Open File function. I dont know how sourceforge works so if you want it I can upload it somewhere else.