Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.12 (w/ integrated .loc editor)

Default Re: Pack File Manager

Maybe for future you could add db table tools?

CA you have done a great job so far, keep up the good work!!

Why there is no German-Axis FPS game?
    Thank You for the rep+ given!:wink:

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.2

Ah, I see the problem. It is not reading the pack type correctly on opening it, so it saves it out as a release pack instead of a patch pack. I'm uploading version 1.3 to fix this.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.3

thanks again

thx,

I'll try again tonight.

I was trying to get a new map into the game, but it thought i'd first start with changing the folder of an existing one.

cheers
    B

Gah! I just can't get this to work.

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? I simply want to change the Prussian Line Infantry defence up to 15. So, here's what I do:

1. I use the Pack File manager to open up patch.pack, I point it to db/unit_stats_land, then click extract to get a copy to edit.

2. I open up unit_stats_land in Hex Workshop, then head down to what I'm completely sure is the value of the Prussian Line Infantry defence stat. I change the value from '14' to '15' with the 'Data Inspector' pane - the corresponding hex value switches from '0E' to '0F'. All good. I save it and close Hex Workshop.

3. Back to the Pack File Manager, it's still open. I now right click on the unit_stats_land file from patch.pack and select 'Add file'. I add the file I have just edited, then click save and then exit.

4. Open ETW. It freezes on initial loading screen. Task manager says it's not responding.

So what on earth am I doing wrong? Something simple I've overlooked, I presume?

EDIT

Ah, now it's working. :blush:

Well, this time I did the same, but instead of clicking 'Add file' in step 3, I clicked 'Replace', then noticed the pack type tab and switched it to 'patch', then saved - and now it works.

Guess I should say a thank you for the Pack File Manager!

Time to fix those Death's Head Hussars...
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; March 10, 2009 at 06:57 AM.

Default Re: Pack File Manager

Looks brilliant, working great for me!

+ rep

be on the lookout for the first patch, make sure you put the vanilla packs back, as i will start dl everything again

How do you repack files with this?
    Long live the Old Guard! Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

EDIT

Ah, now it's working. :blush:

Well, this time I did the same, but instead of clicking 'Add file' in step 3, I clicked 'Replace', then noticed the pack type tab and switched it to 'patch', then saved - and now it works.

Guess I should say a thank you for the Pack File Manager!

Time to fix those Death's Head Hussars...
    I did exactly the same thing, the first time i didnt noticed the pack type tab and when i saved the file my game crushed with a problem screen, know ive changed the value and did exactly the same thing as noticed above, now my game crashes but without the screen notification, just a blank CTD.
    I suppose that the value that i changed ruined the unit stats file maybe?

hmmm finally i figured, firstly the description here do not fit my unit_stats
    Maybe because i have the special forces?....
    And secondly i really cannot figure out what values i should change next to e.u.r.o._.l.i.n.e._.i.n.f.a.n.t.r.y._.p.r.u.s.s.i.a.
    this is the form
    006F 005F 006C 0069 006E 0065 005F 0069
    006E 0066 0061 006E 0074 0072 0079 005F
    0070 0072 0075 0073 0073 0069 0061 00A0
    and i change the last line to this
    0072 0072 0075 0073 0073 0069 0061 00A0
    the game crashes....

Where are the marching and running speed values?

i hate to say that i will have to abandon my quest, iam changing values randomly then testing what have changed and if it not crashes nothing changes....
    We need a tutorial to understand the way of thinking.
    Iam completely new to that kind of moding and i cannot figure the simularities or the differences between separate units. For eg i cannot figure out how to change the unit numbers for the prussian grenadiers with the example that was posted here at the begining for the American long rifle men. I mean the values are not identical next to the names of the units, they are different at every unit and you cannot standardize your search taking an example from one unit, well at least a cannot figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    hmmm finally i figured, firstly the description here do not fit my unit_stats
    Maybe because i have the special forces?....
    And secondly i really cannot figure out what values i should change next to e.u.r.o._.l.i.n.e._.i.n.f.a.n.t.r.y._.p.r.u.s.s.i.a.
    this is the form
    006F 005F 006C 0069 006E 0065 005F 0069
    006E 0066 0061 006E 0074 0072 0079 005F
    0070 0072 0075 0073 0073 0069 0061 00A0
    and i change the last line to this
    0072 0072 0075 0073 0073 0069 0061 00A0
    the game crashes....

I'm guessing you changed the wrong line, the line you changed translates to:

7000 7200 7500 7300 7300 6900 6100
    P R U S S I A

What stats are you trying to change? I may be able to help if it's stuff already covered (unless some other kind sir beats me to it).

hi, why do i get this error when starting the .exe

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Do you have the .NET Framework 3.5?

that fixed it. Thanks!

thanks so much for making this

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    i hate to say that i will have to abandon my quest, iam changing values randomly then testing what have changed and if it not crashes nothing changes....
    We need a tutorial to understand the way of thinking.
    Iam completely new to that kind of moding and i cannot figure the simularities or the differences between separate units. For eg i cannot figure out how to change the unit numbers for the prussian grenadiers with the example that was posted here at the begining for the American long rifle men. I mean the values are not identical next to the names of the units, they are different at every unit and you cannot standardize your search taking an example from one unit, well at least a cannot figure it out
    Alright, I'll give you a hand, but I can assure you that the format of the hex is standard across each unit type - otherwise I wouldn't have been able to edit anything!

So you're trying to edit the unit size for Prussian grenadiers?

Well, I've had a look at the file, and unlike Line Infantry, Grenadiers don't seem to have a national identifier, i.e. I can't find 'Prussian' Grenadiers or 'British' Grenadiers. I can only find what I think are the Ottoman and Russian Grenadiers, and perhaps one another that isn't identified. Hmm.

Have CA literally just given each faction - except the Ottomans and Russia - the same exact same Grenadier, with a different skin that is assigned in some other file? That's what it looks like.

If so, Megasalexandros, the only way you can alter the stats or numbers in Prussian Grenadiers is by creating them as new, unique unit. I don't think anyone can do that yet though.

In the mean time, you'll have to pick another unit to try and edit. Unless of course everything I've written is wrong and there's something I've missed out... in which case somebody please tell me where those Grenadiers are!
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; March 11, 2009 at 02:30 AM.

Only .pack file manager that has worked for me. Great stuff, man.

I'm just being stupid here - what do I do to download and install this?