Thread: savoy speak french

Default savoy speak french

good morning I would like to know if there is a way to change the language of the Savoy faction because they speak French and I would like them to speak Italian

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: savoy speak french

There is, but I'm from Savoy... and we do speak French, so I can't tell you how to change that.

In the 16th century, the Savoy family moved their territorial and economic interests from the Alpine regions to the Italian peninsula (as evidenced by the movement of the capital of the duchy from Chambéry to Turin in 1563). At the beginning of the eighteenth century, at the end of the war of the Spanish succession, it obtained the actual royal dignity, first on the Kingdom of Sicily (1713) and then exchanged a few years later (1720) with that of Sardinia During the Napoleonic wars the Savoy came under French control, only to return under the control of the kingdom of Sardinia. This kingdom was the one that led to the unification of Italy, but during this period it had to cede the Savoy to France after a plebiscite, together with Nice.
    I wanted to make the Savoy Italians to found the kingdom of Italy

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I know perfectly well the history of my own birth place. Still, Savoy proper spoke French, even if Arpitan was commonly used, Italian was for the other side of the Alps.

I'll give you a hint, though.

I'm not sure exactly where it is in ETW (I don't have ETW installed to check), but in NTW, in the factions table, one of the last columns is "Audio Faction Stream". Maybe it says "Fr". Maybe in could be "It" instead...