Thread: native voices sound terrible.....

Default native voices sound terrible.....

Is it possible to mod the game so that the voices from all factions change into the British voices? I was planning to play with the United Provinces, but the Dutch voice acting is very poor and the English lines seem to be translated literally into Dutch, which often sounds retarded. And if I play with an other faction I would like to understand what they are saying.
    Last edited by Shorkan; March 09, 2009 at 05:41 AM.

Default Re: native voices sound terrible.....

The swedish ones are correct But I can understand that it must be quite frustrating to hear.

To the other matter it shoukld be good with some checkbox for subtitles so you can understand what they are saying.
    He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat - Napoleon Bonaparte

The german sounds are fine. The only problem i have with them, everytime they get an order, they answer with "Sir!". Well, needless to say, that i find it highly unlikely that german or prussian troops ever answered with "Jawohl Sir!" or something. like that.

I was listening to the sound files for all the navies and I'm fairly sure there are quite a few non-native speakers used because on a couple phrases I should have been able to understand I was thinking what the hell are they saying and yes I do know regional accents can vary but I do not thing this was the case. :p
    Garibaldi's gopher boy.

Spain's fine, though they say things that are pretty clearly translated directly from English (like "they'll sleep with the fishes"). My friend says the Maratha's Hindi is fine too.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

I'm with crazypeon; my Prussian soldiers calling me "Sir" bugs me. That's just not right.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

Yeah, there's something wrong with the Dutch voices.. I don't know what it is though. At times it just sounds like they used a Flemish guy to speak the lines (no offense to any Belgians out there), and at other times it sounds like a non-native Dutchman who tries to speak Dutch..

Also, I too really didn't like the Prussians going 'Ja, Sir'. Although I guess maybe that's due to the fact that English movies are often dubbed in German and they use the term 'Ja, Sir' alot. Maybe the German dubbers didn't realize the command 'Yes, Sir' would have to be translated into the German in its entirety because it was going to be used exclusively for the German factions?

Lastly, whenever I hear the English officers shouting "March!" very loudly, it's shouted in such a way that I keep hearing "The F-Word!" even though I know it's very unlikely they're shouting that..

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

I find some of the english voices annoying and I'm english! The one that gets on my nerves is "March". Too much flare. We are not marching in a parade, we are marching to battle lol.

well i'm flemish myself, but the main problem with the dutch voices is that they aren't dutch AT ALL. Dutch speakers on these boards might agree with me that the typical pronunciation of the dutch "G" sound is (almost) completely absent. And the dutch Gentlemans voice... what the **** is up with that? :p

Were they trying to mimic a posh dutch accent? It sounds like some dim witted cartoon character... >_<

Fratyinside's Avatar Ducenarius

Swedish voices are fine....aside from the crappy low volume for the voices.

I could be a tad wrong though, as I don't understand Swedish that well. Just as much as being fluent in another Scandinavian language and listening to the Swedish band Kent will allow me

"Altså, det er jo sådan mere inden for de, for de, inden for murene, så det, vedkommende der, og æhhh, altså det... det" - Kronprins Frederik af Danmark

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

The Portuguese voices are fine...

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

I can't believe CA gives us native voice-overs and now people want to change them back to English...

Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDe1337 View Post
    I can't believe CA gives us native voice-overs and now people want to change them back to English...
    Haha, that is the magic of mods. You can change the game to suit whatever you like.

I don't really have a problem with any of the voices, but I only speak English and French, so I wouldn't really be able to comment on most of them.

However, what I would REALLY like to see is some native speakers get together and record voices for some of the "newly playable" factions. For example, the Danes currently speak German.

Although it was nice of them to include Portuguese and Italian voices for us.

Hegemon de Pagan's Avatar Libertus

I really don't like that guy whih play my country sounds (Poland). He speak like a .. child sometimse. But nvm i can handle it more than a wrong flag.

To the point i really like that native speaks in Empire but sometimes i want to play a faction whih i like but i want to hear other accent of them. For example Louisiana with french not english. So it's possible to change it it one cut or i must edit unit by unit ect?