Thread: [ETW AAR] The Birth of a Great Nation - United Provinces AAR. [NEW UPDATE 3/26/09]

Default [ETW AAR] The Birth of a Great Nation - United Provinces AAR. [NEW UPDATE 3/26/09]

Let's try an aar one more time

PROLOGUE - The Birth of a Great Nation

The president was sleeping soundly. Trade was going good, no one has dared attacked him or the provinces. A messenger appeared and told the President that the pirates have attacked the trade routes.

The president got up and was sad. Every thing was going good up till now. "Dam was sleeping good" replied the president. "Sorry sir" replied the messenger. "I will talk to my cabinet tomorrow. There we will decide the course of action. So begone messenger." said the president. The messenger fled from the palace.

The next day he went to the cabinet house. They talked and talked and it was finally discussed that they should take all provinces the pirates own. Also, to take as much provinces in India for it has made us very rich.

The president wrote a letter to the generals in India and America's to take out the Muslim faction and to help the Hindu faction. It wood take a few months for them to get that letter. When the General in India got the message he sent a picture showing what might happen.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The general in America got it longer than thought.

Last edited by pericles_plato; March 26, 2009 at 07:28 PM.
    Got nothing...

Default Re: [ETW AAR] The Birth of a Great Nation - United Provinces AAR.

When the general in America got the message he sent troops and himself to the pirate town of Antigua.

He then besieged it and attacked. The pirates tried to hide in the buildings but the Line Infantry soon killed them with their bayonets.
    There were only a few pirates. Nothing the Line Infantry couldn't handle.
    It was victory only losing 126 out of 8 units.

The president go the message and was very glad. "We need to take the last base they have. There shall never be anymore pirates raiding anyone's trade routs." said the president cheerfully. All the countries were glad that the U.P. were taking out the trash.

With that said he troops moved strait to the other province. The General finally had a name. He was called Jozua. He retrained th e men before the left. When they attacked they had reinforcments. The pirates reinforcements came from be hind. The general saw this and took half his army to take them out. It was easy for the pirates didn't have guns.

The pirates his other men faced did. It was a hard fought battle. Losing close to the 400's . It was expensive to retrain these guys. With the capture of the last province they were utterly defeated.

The whole world was happy. The American seas were free of Pirates.
    "What is happening in India?" asked the president. "Oh sorry sir forgot to tell you we have taken one of the Mughals lands." said the secretary of the army. "What is it called?" asked the president.
    "The country is called Bengel" replied the secretary of the army. The presiden nodded. "Take out all there land. If it is really that easy we shall all be rich within the next few years" laughed the president.

The president wrote a letter to the general in India to keep attacking the Mughals and their land.
    Life could not be sweeter for the U.P.
    Got nothing...

nice! and funny picture with the dead horse, but live guy! lol.

Ive been waiting for a UP one To be wise take out their ports/coastal settlements first, so they dont have any trade, but eh...you do!!!

Sorry ben trying other factins will update sometime this week i think. I hope.
    Got nothing...

CaptainCernick's Avatar Trouvère
    In between Holland, Germany, France aaand... Luxemburg!

Psst: closest thing the United Provinces ever had to a president was probably the "stadhouder".

Don't mind my nitpicking, and keep up the great work!

Siggy pic courtesy of the uncomparably artistic Atterdag.
    Tacticalwithdrawal
    is my patron.

The president was laughing. All the cabinet members were having a good time.

HE then heard some cannon fire. Everyone was quite. Another blast came and was hitting the walls. "To Arms to arms my men." the President yelled.
    The presidents men went to the walls. The president saw who was attacking him. The people wanted to have a King back. HE was scared.

"I think he himself" whispered one soldier to another. The air was filled with laughter. The president looked over the walls and screamed, "Look look the rebels they will kill me."

Everyone saw the Dutch Rebels advancing.

The Dutch rebels were ready to kill the president.

The Dutch rebels charged the walls and grappled up.
    Once they were up they started beating up the conscripts.

Once the walls were taken the militia move forward to take the president out. There was on last unit of conscripts. The militia stopped running. The sergeant was the one who stopped every one. "Alright me lads, take aim, but wait for my order." He yelled. The militias guns were pointed at the last unit of conscripts. "FIRE!" screamed the sergeant. All the regiments of Militia fired. The conscripts quickly left the small city.

The only thing left standing was the President. The sergeant walked slowly to the president alone. "Today you will die." The president gulped and ran away. "Alright me boys our assassins will deal with him.

The militia and the new king was happy. There was a long celebration that night.
    The president made it back to the city. His cabinet members were disguised as his bodyguard. "Alright as long as news has not reached here we will still rule." said the president. "Yes sir." said the secretary of Army. What they did not count on was that at a meeting the whole senate house was destroyed killing anyone dealing with a republic.

Thus then the Dutch king took over and the new constitutional monarchy took over.

Al the towns and cities were having parades. The new government was in place. The rightful leader the people thought. This was a new age of revelution. Lets hope the new Dutch Empire will succeed.
    Last edited by pericles_plato; March 26, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
    Got nothing...

Default Re: [ETW AAR] The Birth of a Great Nation - United Provinces AAR. [NEW UPDATE 3/26/09]

Ahh! An update!

Default Re: [ETW AAR] The Birth of a Great Nation - United Provinces AAR. [NEW UPDATE 3/26/09]

nice! i wanted to see the UP as a Kingdom show us the new king, and such please!!!

Jagdpanzer's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCernick View Post
    Psst: closest thing the United Provinces ever had to a president was probably the "stadhouder".

Don't mind my nitpicking, and keep up the great work!
    Psst: the UP starts stadholderless so the proper dutch term for a president would be Grand Pensionary(dutch: Raadspensionaris) and not a stadhouder.You should call the new king (I don't know his name) the Prince of Orange or the stadtholder (english term for stadhouder).

Pericles_Plato,

Long time no see. It's great to see a dutch AAR. I've been playing nothing but UP because I'm dutch. +rep to you!

Seems quite difficult to be historicaly accurate as the Dutch right from the start. Seeing as the Stadhouder in 1700 was William III Prince of Orange (William III of England). It's almost as if you are starting inaccurately from the get-go.

Pericles_Plato, keep up the good work. I am really loving these Dutch AAR's. although you could drop your terrible avatar anytime soon

nice AAR mate, how do you get the rebel revolt? is it very random or can you do things to make encourage it

schools going harder now. It'll take me a while to get an up date. So basically an update every week.

@ the red knight. It has been long time. Track season is over so it'll be weekly as said b4.
    @ the saints fan, Panthers all the way.
    @ abadagoulous you basically take troops out of city exempt ever region but capital region for tax. Put taxes on high few turns later revolution.

Edit: might be longer my fraps stopped taking pictures for some strange reason.
    Anyone else see the gay website, or is it just me?
    Last edited by pericles_plato; April 01, 2009 at 06:01 PM.
    Got nothing...