Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All factions unlocked for grand campaign!

Default All factions unlocked for grand campaign!

well this is my version of the file cradit still goes to Scanian for breakthrough well on mine you can also play as the pirates you get the region of trinidad & tobago
    as for FOW all you need to do is hit the government tab then policies then on the city on the bottom then you can see the building inside well you can start building but to get read of FOW you should create a unit then place it next to you city and im sure that once you start capturing cities FOW will start disappearing and if the first city is still fogged you should sell it then take it back or something be creative
    instruction copy and replace file to empire total war>data>campaign>main (dont forget to back up original file!
    total of 62 factions

well enjoy http://uploading.com/files/V0WKIAL0/startpos.esf.html
    Last edited by cannondave; March 08, 2009 at 11:25 AM. Reason: forgot instruction lol

Default Re: all factions unlockedfor grand campaign!

isn't this thread already made?

yeah i dont know how to delete this but i posted this in the other thread

I want to play Pirates !

yeah but its quite hard

Bloodzen's Avatar Decanus

Can you play as emergant factions such as Ireland?

No, the game crashes, unfortunatly.

I heard that unpacking all files causes problems. How do you unpack the right ones for this file to work? Also whats witht the FOW problem? Is it just that because you have hardly any units you don't see whats happening or is thier FOW in your own land? I fancy trying out the Knights of St John btw. I guess they will have next to no units and no ships but oh well.

What does FOW mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Scamander View Post
    What does FOW mean?
    Fog of War
    Garibaldi's gopher boy.

Fog of war. You can't see beyond at some point. As in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Korvus77 View Post
    Fog of War

Ahh. Thank you.

To use this, does one have to first unpack files? If so, which files? Is there anything else that needs be done?

>_> this means Mughal Empire/Portugal = teh playable?

so this mod defo unlocks all factions with now crashes or problems? and what exactly is the problem with FOW. doesnt it work just like in an unmodded game? also, is it still possible to play MP with this mod?

Bloodzen's Avatar Decanus

I think ill wait until offical mods are released that make all factions playable.This looks too buggy to work well

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    so this mod defo unlocks all factions with now crashes or problems? and what exactly is the problem with FOW. doesnt it work just like in an unmodded game? also, is it still possible to play MP with this mod?
    The problem with FoW is that it somehow doesn't recognize your regions as the player's regions, thus not revealing them. If you move a unit the fog will be lifted, but otherwise you won't be able to see and click on your capitals, towns etc. If you move that unit away, the fog will come back. The odd thing is that fow works on your units, but not on your towns..

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

I tried it... very nice, tried a turn as Wurtemburg and it worked... just that small annoying FoW problem.

But I think Im gonna continue my main "normal" campaigns and get a mod liek this when it is more official and more 'developed'.
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Also, as a side note, the FOW is not really an issue with Louisiana, Barbary States, Crimean Khante, Courland, Saxony, and New spain, since they are protectorates and have the same FOW as the factions they are protectorates of, it all works fine. Otherwise, you can still manage towns through the lists menu or by moving units within range of the towns, just a bit of a pain.

It works quite fine with me. About to unite italy as italian states.
    Only thing: I#m experiencing graphic problems (colourful terrain). I doubt it has to do with the startpos. file. but i hadn't that problem before. Anyone has the same problem after exchanging files?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Blutaxt II View Post
    It works quite fine with me. About to unite italy as italian states.
    Only thing: I#m experiencing graphic problems (colourful terrain). I doubt it has to do with the startpos. file. but i hadn't that problem before. Anyone has the same problem after exchanging files?
    im affraid that is just graphic problem because i had those before changing the file but i believe the next patch will fix it since it might be cause due to a memory leak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast