Thread: [ETW AAR] A Struggle in India, Mysore AAR

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Default [ETW AAR] A Struggle in India, Mysore AAR

Thanks to Scanian who discovered how to make unplayable factions playable (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=230846&page=20) i have decided to embark on a Mysorian experience of Indian Domination. I am not the best total war player and this will probably end in me being humiliated but hear goes

Report One - Starting Off
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

my starting armies are not to strong with a general and some infantry in one and the other containing a cannon and militia.

Most nations throughout the world seem to not care for me or have a distaste for Mysore with the Marathas dangerously close.

My strategy is initially to rid the world of the Marathas and then perhaps go colonial but I'm open for suggestions.
    Thats it for now its late here update will be coming in the next two days.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: [ETW AAR] A Struggle in India, Mysore AAR

First ETW AAR on a mod!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Someone finally figured it out? Nice.

Taking out the Marathras, booting the Portugese / Dutch out of Europe then going for a European conquest would make for a pretty cool AAR. Looking forward to it.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

tuore's Avatar Senator

Looking forward.

Jwb187's Avatar Semisalis

should be good

Alright forgot to take screens in my next session of play so I'll have to describe it to you all.

As of turn three I was at war with Marathas as the Mughals began pressing on their northern border. I had taken Carnatica by turn 5 and then began moving north taking Hyderbad without much resistance. the Marathas sent a tiny force to take Mysore but luckily the garrison is full thanks to the mobs.

Here's a pic of India

Marathas should fall soon and then i can set my sites on the Americas.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Libertus

Fantastic-keep the campaign going.Never thought I'd see the city I used to live in (Hyderabad) in a TW game-Empire's going to sell like hotcakes in India!

Aren't the European powers at your doors already? They should be,sooner or later,and fending them off on mainland India while fighting on the American front might be a little difficult for an unlocked faction with unknown colonial capabilities,maybe..? Should be great fun,though.

Cheers.

hmm... Go Straight to the Americas?

What about the Mughals?

You can't just let them Building their forces around Northern India....

Well i plan to leave them be unless i get hostile relations.
    No the European haven't began harassing me yet but it will only be a matter of time.

Now should I take Goa and make war with Portugal possibly GB or allow them to keep it.

Edit: to lazy to open up ETW right now, are Mysore Hindu or Muslim atthe start of the game?
    Last edited by Yoda Twin; March 09, 2009 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Twin View Post
    are Mysore Hindu or Muslim at the start of the game?
    Mysore's religion at the start of the game is Muslim

Good luck with this.
    Son of PW

nice biginning of you AAR are you planning to take entire india?

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ActaNonVerba View Post
    Mysore's religion at the start of the game is Muslim
    If this is the case in the game, its wrong because it was ruled by Hindu monarchs until Hyder Ali took over