"WARNING! It may not work on all computers, and you risk getting regular CTDS!"
I won't take credit for the find: Scanian found it here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...230846&page=20
Some don't work, but here's all the factions unlocked:
Make a backup of startpos.esf in your EMPIRE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/data/campaigns/main and then copy this file over.
I believe Emergent factions crash the game and there is a Fog of War problem when you start with an non-playable factions. You need to have an army nearby or a navy to get past the fog.
This isn't really a stable version, it just enables all the factions with a FoW issue.
EDIT: I removed the file and uploaded it to FileFront. It was using a ton of bandwidth because it had so many hits. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
OK, after reading alot of posts of people being a bit silly I'm just going to write a post answering most of it in a hopefully idiot proof way.
1. Download this program http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465.exe <<<<<This is if you have a 32-bit version of XP/Vista, http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465-x64.msi <<<<<This is if you have a 64-bit version of XP/Vista. If you don't know which you have your best to go with the 32-bit version, but if that doesn't work then you simply need the 64-bit version.
2. Install the "7z" program you just downloaded
3. Download the file from the first post of this thread; http://files.filefront.com/startpos7.../fileinfo.html <<<<< THIS
NOTE: For ease of making sure you don't overwrite anything or just do something silly save this file to the desktop.
4. This file you have downloaded should be called "startpos" or "startpos.7z" (depending on how things are set up on your computer)
5. Right click on the "startpos" file you just downloaded and click the "7-zip" option, then click the "extract files" option.
6. A window should open, simply click "OK". It will then do its stuff.
7. You should now have a folder on your desktop called "startpos" and inside there should be a file called "startpos.esf" or possibly "startpos" depending on your computer.
8. Go to this location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns" OR "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns". If you can't find these then you will simply have to rout around your C: drive and find the empire total war folder which should then have all the rest of the stuff in it.
9. Right click on the "main" (not "main_2") folder and click "copy".
10. Go to your desktop and right click on an empty space and click "paste".
11. In the folder "startpos" on your DESKTOP get the file called "startpos.esf" and right click it and press "copy".
12. Go to the same location as step 8. but this time go INTO the "main" folder (here there should be two files, one called "startpos.esf" and another called "scripting.lua"). Right click on an empty space in this folder and press "paste". It will then prompt you if you wish to overwrite the file, just say yes or the equivalent answer.
13. You're done!
When in game simply press "L" on your keyboard. Click on your "Armies" tab, click an army and tell them to move somewhere. Now you should be able to see and click on stuff.
Simply put, DON'T BOTHER!!!!! At the moment you can't play them due to them having no lands to control. Until someone mods this YOU CAN'T!!!!!
A bit lame that this had to be my first post but hello everybody!!!!