Thread: Sweden Bankrupt

Default Sweden Bankrupt

Playing as France, I have now taken over most of North America and the Caribbean, Britain, Germany, Austria, Denmark, Poland, Courland, and am in the process of absorbing Russia. However, I am letting Sweden build up their countries infrastructure a little more. I have noticed however, that they have a issue in their status page. It says something about bankruptcy. What doe that mean? I never saw it when I was playing as Sweden on other countries, so it is the first time I've seen it.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Sweden Bankrupt

they have no money
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Dang, that's a fail on the computer's part. I'm guessing they are spending too much trying to maintain their 6 full stack fleets.

I dont think that "Bankrupt" means they have no money, I think it says they are not Making money. according to the AI advisor, its measure of money that faction makes compared to the other factions.

I think...
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Libertus

It means they can not make any more units and can not afford the units they have. They will need to disband some units or less there will be desertions in their forces until they are small enough that they can afford to pay for their upkeep. Obviously they can not build any buildings or infrastructure either.

What do you mean by "their status page"?

Quote Originally Posted by Thamis View Post
    What do you mean by "their status page"?
    I think he means when you start diplomacy with a nation and below the other faction leader's picture is the Strength and Wealth. Though I've never heard of this happening.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

There's bankrupt and bankrupt. The bankrupt mechanism in the game means a faction had less than 0 money at the start of a turn (after income arrived). This will set your money to 0 iirc and add unhappiness. Bankrupt as a description simply means their dirt poor compared to the richest faction.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.