Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Complete] The ETW epic mod v1.0 is now done!

Default [Complete] The ETW epic mod v1.0 is now done!

READ THIS FIRST

This mod would not be possible without the work done by alpaca and LtChambers. If you like this mod, rep them. And please rep me too.

I hereby officially present the ETW epic mod. This has taken many hours of work, so if you enjoy it, please rep me. To use it, simply extract my modified patch.pack into your data folder and overwrite your existing data.pack. Be sure to back the old one up first.

FEATURES

• Allows you to build every building in the game in 1 turn. Fixed all the buildings that i missed.
    • Build time for units has also been decreased. Units that used to take 3 turns now take 2, and those that used to take 2 turns now take 1. All the 1 turn units still take 1 turn.
    • Movement rates have been increased for all the different levels of roads. Units can now actually get somewhere in less than an eternity. I also figured out how to increase the movement rate for ships as well. I simply changed the movement rate bonus for ships when you research the sextant technology. Usually it just gives a 5% bonus. Now it gives a 500% bonus.
    • All the crashes have now been fixed. I've been playing for over 6 hours now with no crashes
    • The crash when clicking on ports/naval units has now been resolved. It resulted from me setting the movement point bonus for ships too high. I have now reduced it to 60% from the previous 500%.
    • This version is now updated and works with the latest steam update. I repacked all the edited files into the latest patch.pack from the may 10th update, and it is now fully compatible with that update.

BUGS

If you find any bugs or missing features or anything that's wrong, post it in this thread, and be detailed. I can't fix anything if you're being vague.
    Last edited by Serben; March 13, 2009 at 06:15 PM.

Default Re: [WIP] The attention deficit disorder mod (more features coming soon)

don't you think that the name of your mod could offend people with the condition 'ADD' disorder?

haha, sounds brilliant though, i'll be watching this one.
    Last edited by rageallday; March 07, 2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: gnomes
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

Default Re: [WIP] The attention deficit disorder mod (more features coming soon)

Well, considering the absolute filth that is allowed in "the political mudpit" forum without anyone even lifting an eyebrow, i doubt anyone will care too much about the name of my mod. But if someone does complain i'll change it.

Is this technically the first mod?

I guess it is. Unless anyone else has made a working mod for the full version. This deserves some sort of prize. The admins/moderators should give me a few thousand rep and a few titles in honour of my glorious achievement.
    Last edited by Serben; March 07, 2009 at 07:55 PM.

Crack the playable minor factions problem and I'll sign a contract to always click the rep button when I see your name in any thread.

This is a good first step though.

Edit: That's a pretty big request for hex editing. There might be a few more wanted mods out there that aren't as complicated that could be handled with hex, like turns per year.
    Last edited by Kennylz; March 07, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

Default Re: [Complete] The ETW speed mod v1.0 is now done!

The final version is now done. Please enjoy it everyone.

Default Re: [Complete] The ETW epic mod v1.0 is now done!

Cool mod. Is there a way to just use the movement speed increase?

thx u but it has lots of errors... like cavalry only 60 men and some buildings still reguired 6 turns

Quote Originally Posted by Kimimaro View Post
    thx u but it has lots of errors... like cavalry only 60 men and some buildings still reguired 6 turns

Which ones? How am i supposed to fix them if you don't say which ones?

And as to whether it's save compatible, i don't know. I deleted all my saves and started a new campaign just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorkenlol View Post

Yes, just use alpaca's unpacker to unpack the patch file, then repack it with only the campaign_variables db file. Alpaca's re-packing tools can be found here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...93#post4512693
    Last edited by Legio; March 09, 2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: back-to-back posts by same user

Angel's Avatar Angeal

hey serben, you should combine those 3 comments into 1. U just triple post i think?
    nonethanless, good job on the mod.
    Under the patronage of Hader

The mod crashes my game when I start a battle or siege in the Grand Campaign. This happens with every nation and every battle I try it with.
    Last edited by |Quintus Sertorius|; March 08, 2009 at 06:53 PM.

mistermister's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by |Quintus Sertorius| View Post
    The mod crashes my game when I start a battle or siege in the Grand Campaign. This happens with every nation and every battle I try it with.
    I have the same issue,
    and for Serben, could you give us a "light version" without the bigger scale for army please?

thanks!

Semisalis

+rep for making the first actual mod.
    Will not be playing it since I don't like being able to build all buildings in turn 1, I like roaming a tech tree...

Yes i too have noticed that the battles crash for some reason. I have resolved this issue by simply reverting the increased unit sizes back to normal and using the config script to get bigger units instead. But now i've noticed that it will sometimes crash when you click a unit on the campaign map. I think it has to do with the increased movement rates. I think i increased them too much which causes the game to "overload" and crash when trying to compute the movement radius for a unit on the map. I'll try reducing in and see what happens. I also noticed that the movement rates only get increase while travelling along roads. If you travel "off-road", your units still move as slow as the unmodded game. Also, the roads don't affect ships, so ships still moive slow as well. I'll see if i can find some kind of general multiplier to increase the movement rates for all units in all situations, not just when travelling on roads.

mistermister's Avatar Foederatus

Did you find something about the technology? is it possible to make it faster too or not?
    thanks for your work anyway ^^

DeadlyBlowfish's Avatar Tiro

just FYI: Army sizes can be changed in preferences too
    IMPORTANT:
    If you wish to use, modify, build on or do just about anything to or with any of my mods, feel free to do whatever you want. All I ask is to have my name in the credits somewhere :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorkenlol View Post
    I'd like that too...

Well the movement speed is kind of bugged. It only applies to roads, which means that if an army moves off road, like through a forest for example, it'll still move as slow as the un-modded game. Also, since ships don't travel along roads, it doesn't affect ships and they still move as slow as they always have. Plus i think the movement rate increase is responsible for a few crashes i've had in my game. I'm working on finding some kind of universal multiplier that affects all units at all times, not just when they move along roads, and not just land units. I've found some interesting strings in a few of the db files and tried editing them, but so far haven't had any success. I'll keep you all posted though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast