Thread: Forts and other in the game

Default Forts and other in the game

I was playing as the spanish in my campaign. I had three units that were equiped with guns, one with spikes and one general unit. I was playing as defender being attacked by THREE!!!! units of tribesmen

I figured that it was an easy win since obviously, my troops should be superior towards them in equipment and training.

So I stationed them on the walls of my fort and placed one unit I had outside the walls to meet them.

Problem one: the enemy appeared on the other side of the fort, so I had to redirect my unit that was outside the fort several times. It acted incredible strange, because it appeared that it couldn't find its own way to where I wanted it to go.

Problem two: I had placed my musket men on each corner of the walls so they could respond accordinngly if an enemy was aproaching. Having the advantage of height should give them a big boost.

I was wrong. OOOOH was I wrong!!!!!!

my units didn't start shooting once the enemy came into range, they simply stood there. When I ordered them to attack, instead of firing on the walls, they tried to move DOWN the walls to exit the fort and to to fire then.

what the heck?

My problem/question is, do the rest of you also found this?

Or are your experienced a little better?

Kingdark

Jayzilla's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Forts and other in the game

there is a perfectly good thread on this subject a few pages back, the mods have asked us not to make new threads.

On that note, yes there are siege AI problems. What I would do is not use the little 'corners' of the fort, rather, put them on the long walls. These work normally, and infantry will shoot down the wall and even use the cannon there. Heres a quick image.
    |---| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|---|
    | . . L_____________________| . .|(dont put guys in here)
    | . . . . (men here) . . . . . . . . . . .|

Also, make sure you've got at least a few units on the ground as its pretty easy for them to open your gates.

hope this helps, let me know if so or if you need further clarification.

I didn't go back to several pages back. I apolgize then. this thread can be deleted or closed

Jayzilla's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdark View Post
    I didn't go back to several pages back. I apolgize then. this thread can be deleted or closed
    they'll probably merge it, no worries. I'm trying to get that fact posted in a few different areas so that people might catch on.

Anyways, like i said i'll answer any other questions you have.