• The Ottoman Empire

18 13.74%
  • Spain

6 4.58%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hardest Faction to play

ssmarine's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Hardest Faction to play

GB is by far the easiest. Not just because theyre on an island but they also start out with Isaac Newton. Talk about a game-breaker that dude murders the research tree. Oh, and the Dutch are pretty challenging to play.

France on VH/VH

You get crappy positions in BOTH worlds.

Nelfe's Avatar Miles

United Province is quite hard : a little province in Europe, with Spain and France who look on it, and dispatched colonies over India and Southern America...

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

i though the united province is easy

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsWarrior View Post
    i though the united province is easy
    Only played twenty years but that's my impression so far... have nicked territories and then made peace, but then I haven't tried my luck against spain yet...

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Since I am Dutch I started with the United provinces, after the battle tutorials.

I kept it on easy/easy since so much has changed and I still need to adjust.

Its quite a challenge still though.

I havent really had economic problems yet, The province at India is crucial though since you can build mines here. It can bring in the most cash if you develop it properly.

At the carribeans the dutch can be plagued by pirates early on who have far more powerfull ships. They dont do much more than harass though.

In Europe at the Netherlands I attacked Flanders, but this caused be to become at war with France as well. Since my economy is stable I can train enough troops to fend them off but I am in no position to attack Paris yet. I might need stronger troops but research is slow.

Selahedīn's Avatar Biarchus

So many people voting for the United Provinces? Just won a Hard/Very Hard Prestige Campaign with them, and it was ridiculously easy (my first one too)!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just keep your alliances with Austria throughout the entire game, so you'll have a buffer zone in Europe, and you will be free to sail away and conquer the Americas (and/or India). Do that and you will find yourself swimming in rivers of gold soon enough.

After that, it's up to you if you want to turn your attention to Europe. I ended up conquering France, Britain, Belgium, most of modern-day Germany and all of Italy, simply because I was bored and didn't know what to do with all that money.

Anyway, I'm guessing the hardest would be Prussia, for obvious reasons...

So... more than a week passed. Maybe people changed their minds about factions?

OE.
    My first campaign with the Ottos I got my arse handed too me. Current campaign with them it's 1760 and I make 50k a turn
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Prussia played intelligently is very easy. You have very good troops and there are a lot of minor nations you can take out to build a large, incredibly productive empire very early. By reuniting Germany and taking Austria you can pull in 30K+ surplus a turn, after which the game is pretty much a joke. You also have access to a TON of schools, so teching is complete easy mode.

Prussia played poorly is fairly hard, if you don't consolidate your position and keep at least half of your neighbors friendly with you then you are in a world of hurt, and you have no navy to speak of so if you don't keep Britain and Denmark friendly you will go broke due to naval raids and such.

My hardest so far has been Sweden. Not much money to be had up there.

Anybody with starting access to colonies is complete easy mode even on VH.

Prussia

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I voted for Austria, since they seem to have alot of unrest in Croatia and Hungary. Prussia on H/H is easy. I just attacked Saxony, which made Poland-Lithuania join their cause, and by that I avoided to fight Poland-Lithuania, Russia AND Denmark. Snatched West Prussia and Saxony and made peace with the Poles. Afterwards everything was controllable, even the "sudden" declaration of war by Courland.
    I have even had an easy revolution, where I only had to fight the Government's militia (Hint: Taking your army out of the capital and placing it in the Capital's region will make it automatically join the rebels, leaving only militia and firelock infantry to the government).

Favourite faction = Prussia (although I don't really consider them the hardest)
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    Hardest = favourite in most cases. If you would have seen the gazillion threads I've seen in the RTW and M2TW forums, you would know they always are. For example Kingdom of Jerusalem.

It is utterly pointless to start a thread with a very similar topic, as about 8 other threads were merged into the first one I linked. Not topicworthy btw, Prussia will win, yaay.

hitler like moderation on this forum is getting out of hand if you ask me

unless you guys running out of hdd space for new post.. in which case.. kill the graveyard..

or if you really believe that similar posts should be in one post.. so others can search for it.. search function will manage to bring 2 posts instead of one too

its ok when you merge xx post with another post.. but when you delete it , specially with negative information about ca.. without merging or any warning.. its just silly

I have played both Sweden and the Dutch on H/H and been destroyed both times. I found Sweden a bit harder in my short stay as ruler there. I think it maybe time for me to try M/M...nah to succeed one must fail

im surprised that united provinces is in 2nd with 18 votes. I thought they were pretty easy to play. None of your islands ever get attacked and u have many choices of where u want to invade first. Europe, India, America

Just take the pirate cities and no more pirate raids

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    Already a thread here:
    Your favourite faction?

Haven't you seen the announcement in BIG BOLD LETTERS?
    Attention! --- Do not start a new thread!
    Please dont post here.

russia was the hardest for me. First time I failed my revolution, and second time I stupidly lost an army against some southern states, ending without anymore troops tobeat the crap out of the rebels in the far east...
    In FRAY's alpha
    "When one dies, it is a tragedy. When a million die, it is a statistic."
    -The mods, try them all!-

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

How do the hell do you get revolutions?
    I've never had one in all my games

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

read last line for short version.

So far I have played as the following, all on hardest:

Russia: A little challenging at the beginning because you have crap for trade routes. Once you open up trade routes with the west and India it becomes very very easy and not fun, so I quit.

Spain: This was pretty fun. St. Augustine Florida gets attacked by natives pretty early. I didn't have a proper defense in place so I actually lost it. It was fun taking it back, and capturing the rest of the Americas. I focused on a strong navy, dominated the trade routes and again, it becaem too easy. Still pretty fun though.

Prussia: I read that this was challening, so I tried them out. This is the most fun I have had with the game. It's the faction I'm currently playing.

I attacked Poland very early to take back East Prussia. Next turn I was attacked by Austria and someone else. It wasn't long before I had like 4 factions attacking me at once. I lost a few cities, gained a lot more. It was a bit of a challenge, especially if you play ALL the battles out and dont reload.

The United Provinces actually expanded east and became pretty powerful. They traded me that Island India, 1000g, and a tech for Bavaria. I had a huge army in Bavaria at the time of the trade and instantly took it back over, starting a huge war between us. I had like 30,000 gold upkeep for my army for like 10+ turns or so while we fought it out. Lots of huge battles and exchanging of cities. It was the first time I truley noticed the usefulness of my agents. Finally wiped them out in Europe though.

Now I can't wait to get started expanding in India while I build up my economy in Europe.

MY VOTE GOES TO PRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUSIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

The hardest time I've had so far is with Spain. I barely held on to Florida, due to attacks from the Cherokee, and unfortunately, the Louisiana protectorate of France. France then unallied me because of this, which didn't help. Genoa, Venice, and the Italian states decided it would be fun to attack me in the Mediterranean, which hurt. The worst thing yet happened next; Great Britain attacked me, drawing me into war with the United Provinces, so I was hard pressed. Maybe this was all just a fluke, because it was my first campaign, but ouch. I struggled more with Spain than when I played as Austria and Prussia for sure.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast