8 6.11%
  • The Ottoman Empire

18 13.74%
  • Spain

6 4.58%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hardest Faction to play

Default Hardest Faction to play

What faction you have played were the biggest challenge for u? Why?
    (Prefer answers from those who played on h/h or vh/vh )

Default Re: Hardest Faction to play

Prussia for me. The age-old "attack something" something strategy can cause some very quick headaches, as trying to take neighbouring territories means attacking big nations or small nations with big friends.

I started with Prussia due to it's easy-to-oversee 2 provinces (as I learnt the game mechanics), but I had to do some significant diplomatic ground work before I even considered attacking Poland-Lithuania and joining my two territories with West Prussia. Got Sweden and Russia on my side so when I attacked, Poland was very quickly fighting battles on multiple fronts.

Nobody vote GB ? o_O

GB is like the easiest.

Great army, great fleet, and you're on an island...

I don't know which one is the hardest. I'm playing with Russia and already got sweden parts and parts of Balkan, so it aint that hard.

There's no such thing as destiny. There are only different choices. Some choices are easy, some aren't. Those are the really important ones, the ones that define us as people.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    Nobody vote GB ? o_O
    Britain is the easiest to play. Isolated on an island and all.

Already a thread here:
    Your favourite faction?

Haven't you seen the announcement in BIG BOLD LETTERS?
    Attention! --- Do not start a new thread!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    Already a thread here:
    Your favourite faction?

Haven't you seen the announcement in BIG BOLD LETTERS?
    Attention! --- Do not start a new thread!
    So you mean there's no difference between 'hardest' and 'favourite' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
    So you mean there's no difference between 'hardest' and 'favourite' ?
    Hardest = favourite in most cases. If you would have seen the gazillion threads I've seen in the RTW and M2TW forums, you would know they always are. For example Kingdom of Jerusalem.

It is utterly pointless to start a thread with a very similar topic, as about 8 other threads were merged into the first one I linked. Not topicworthy btw, Prussia will win, yaay.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; March 07, 2009 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    It is utterly pointless to start a thread with a very similar topic, about 8 other threads were merged into the first one I linked. Not topicworthy btw, Prussia will win, yaay.
    But still, hardest and favourite doesn't mean the same thing. Maybe you think that if something is hard it is better, but other people may think the opposite and want it easy.

Ottoman empire, so much micromanagement, every turn must take half an hour, I hate those kinds of factions..

Fratyinside's Avatar Ducenarius

United Provinces is pretty hard. Just started a new campaign with them last night. I was making 10K per turn but since going to war with France it's dropped to about 4K. Playing on H/H, by the way.

I am trying to take out France. I captured Paris but they took it back after like 2 turns with a full stack army. Arrgh.

"Altså, det er jo sådan mere inden for de, for de, inden for murene, så det, vedkommende der, og æhhh, altså det... det" - Kronprins Frederik af Danmark

I lost as Prussia, which surprised me to say the least. First courland nabbed East Prussia and then I engineered a revolt in Berlin which left me commanding the worlds smallest revolutionary force. Bad mojo. The dutch campaign is easy for me by comparison.

@powerwizard: i disagree. a thread about the hardest factions may have different results and provoke players to post different insights... also if you just look at that other poll the results are very different... sure prussia might be on top but what about the rest.
    Last edited by s0meguy; March 07, 2009 at 11:20 AM.

MedievalRob's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Sorkenlol View Post
    Ottoman empire, so much micromanagement, every turn must take half an hour, I hate those kinds of factions..
    Only the first 10 or so turns are like that. Once you start to memorize what and who is where, it becomes much more streamlined.

Besides, the Organ Cannon is worth the hassle.

Really? My first campagin as Prussia was easier for me than the Dutch.

I actually had a revolution very early on while playing the Dutch and am now a constitutional monarchy.

"Altså, det er jo sådan mere inden for de, for de, inden for murene, så det, vedkommende der, og æhhh, altså det... det" - Kronprins Frederik af Danmark

I played Prussia on Hard/Hard in Short Campaign made all needed goals to win i have found the campaign was to easy i will try out Very Hard now !

I am thinking about starting a Swedish campaign now that I know my way around the game. At least until Denmark is made playable

h/h UP isnt tooo bad. Although I suppose I got fairly lucky with France's Caribbean assests.

Hehehehe, suckers.

MedievalRob's Avatar Tiro

United Provinces is probably the hardest. To expand at all you have to piss off major Euro powers early in the game before you have a solid economy built up.

Prussia, United Provinces have at least Flanders that they can conquer from the get go. If you build up your land forces you can pick off the smaller nations to the east. Whereas with Prussia you have to choose between annoying major nation one, two or three :p

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast